1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mildred Paxton

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by atanra, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atanra

atanra Member

It is with deepest regrets that I place this posting.

Mildred Paxton, West Virginia Hall of Fame shooter,2 time Grand American ladies Champion and wonderful person passed away yesterday July 8, 2007 in the AM hours. Mildred had been ill for some time.

Family will meet with friends July 10th 2-4 pm and 6-8 pm at the Dunbar Funeral home outside of Charleston, WV.

The funeral will take place 11:00 am Wednesday July 11 at the Dunbar MT. Mission Church.

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Will they honor her at the state shoot this weekend?

3. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear the sad news. Prayers go out to her family.

4. atanra

atanra Member

This is a correction to the original post

All proceedings will take place at

Dunbar Mt Mission Church
    605 Dunbar Ave.
    Dunbar West Virginia. 25064

The Phone number for the church is 304-768-1313

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have been friends with Mildred and Richard for a very long time. I will miss her.

Pat Ireland

6. sharcram

sharcram TS Member

Mildred was so kind, thoughtful and helpful to all WV Shooters. We named her our mother of WV Lady Shooters. When I went to my first WV State shoot, she came right up to me and introduced herself, asked me if I needed help and explained some of the rules to me. When I came off the line, she made a point of checking on me and seeing how I did.

From that year on I called her a friend. She was one class act and cannot be replaced.

My heart goes out to you Richard, remember you have many friends that will support you.

God Bless
    Sharon Cramer

7. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Back during the good old days at Pinehurst, Richard would hand out WVA pins. I pulled many a target for that pair.

What a sweet woman and she will be sorely missed!

38-01615

8. dbrowder61

dbrowder61 TS Member

I shot some targets with mildred and richard at the ohio state shoot and the grand. They were very nice people,you could not find any better.mildred was a very good doubles shooter,i like to watch her shoot them.We all had some good times and some great food.I will miss her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.