1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikes Wolf

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Thought some of you guys might enjoy this picture. The wolf was harvested last fall in Ontario near Lake of The Woods by Mike. He wieghed around 150 lbs.
    <a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=SCAN0005.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. BILL GRILL

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Does he fetch?

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

He must be real proud of himself. Harvested?????? Deer are harvested!!! Wolves shouldn't be killed unless in self defense, or defense of others, pets, or property! Some idiots think that just because God created it, they can kill it. Another ZERO GENE POOL product!

AndyH ;-\

5. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

There must be an overabundance of wolves in the area where Mike shot that one. I was a kid staying with my grandfather in the late 50's and early to mid 60's and he would point out a tree we were driving by and tell the guys name and what year it was he ran to, climbed and spent the night in a tree to escape a pack of wolves in Illinois. That happened in the early thirtys I believe it was 5 miles north and about 3 miles west of Brownstown Illinois on what was at the time a gravel road. My grandfathers place was another mile north and one more mile west but we would frequently take that road to get home. I never heard of wolves getting anyone but there are old folktales about wolves. You wouldn't want to be in their environment without a weapon. Dan

6. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

The wolves are protected in some areas of Ontario, farmers shoot them anyway to protect their livestock. Wolves kill newborn moose calves. Moose hunting in Northwestern Ontario is a very important part of the tourism industry. Bill Malcolm

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

My cousin lives in Idaho..the wolves have gotten so out of hand that not only have the mortality rates of yearling elk and deer doubled ..so have the ranchers losses of livestock..horses sheep and cattle...oh yeah ..they have also found a taste for puppy too...just as bad as the yodel dogs we had in Texas

8. Mike

Mike Member

Where I hunt in Ontario wolves can shot, killed, harvested whatever you want to call it, legally with a small game license. They are quite abundant in this area. The locals are grateful when one is killed. I notice they have been removed from endagered list in U.S., which now puts them in state jurisdiction. In Michigan they can only be killed if they are about to attack your pets or livestock. Hunting certainly is not for everybody, I don't begrudge anyones choice to not hunt (or fish), and I am not remorseful for my actions as well. Mik

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Andy44

"He must be real proud of himself. Harvested?????? Deer are harvested!!! Wolves shouldn't be killed unless in self defense, or defense of others, pets, or property!"

Is this your opinion or are you quoting the Ontario Game Laws. I don't know why I asked that question. I am very sure you are stating an opinion and we all know what they are like.

Still I think it would have been much more fair to Mike if you had stated that you were expressing a self righteous opinion instead of just acting like an A--hole.

Bob Lawless

10. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

My son does the bass tournament thing, and when they are not fishing a tournament they are "practicing". :)

11. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Andy 44,

Unless you were issued a "Busy-Body License", shut the fu*k up. If it was legal activity you haven't a leg to stand on.

I say this with all due respect, of course.

HBT

12. BILL GRILL

Here are some more pictures for the ANTI'S

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=SCAN0006.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.