1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Raahauge passed away today

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ysr_racer, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Mike Raahauge, the owner of one of the local ranges here in So Cal passed away today.

The guy was rough around the edges, but he did a lot for the shooting sports in So Cal.

He will be missed.

2. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Bumping this up for the day crowd.

3. perezal

perezal Member

God be with him and his family.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I never got to meet him but his name was synonymous with sporting clays and providing for the shooters of southern California. I'm saddened to hear this.

5. Greevesman

Greevesman Member

They used to have a pheasant club up here in northern ca.

6. Greevesman

Greevesman Member

The club I remember in the 60s was in Fairfield behind what is now the Budweiser brewery.

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

FROM ORANGE COUNTY CHAPTER SAFARI CLUB INTERNATIONAL:

Mike Raahauge, a fixture in the shooting sports and hunting community has passed away. Mike's commitment to promoting shooting and encouraging hunting was monumental. His "Lets do it for the kids" attitude is easily validated by the sheer numbers of youth in Southen California who took their Hunter Safety course at Raahauge's. Below is a quick note from Andy McCormick who knew Mike well. God bless you Mike. We'll all miss you.

I am deeply saddened this morning to find out that a good friend and legend in Southern California has passed away.. Mike Raahauge.. Mike Raahauge will be missed dearly on a variety of levels from family, life long friends, the shooting sports industry, conservation efforts and fundraising etc ... Mike was always in the thick of it always there to offer up his support from his great facility to his personal involvement to make sure things got done .. Mike Raahauge was one of a kind .. to know Mike was to love him and if you truly knew him .. you were blessed to be able to call him your friend. Mike Raahauge, is responsible for more people going through Hunter Safety classes than anyone in the USA ! Period.. Mike and his staff have taken Hunter Safety participation to a whole new level as well as the stewardship of youth shooters and hunters across the board .. there is a long list of accolades that can be associated with Mike and his facility ... but Hunter Safety will be one of the ones that is remembered dearly that has touched thousands of hunters ... And as the Legacy continues with Patrick Raahauge and the team at the helm
    I am sure the Legacy will continue with the same passion and desire to further the shooting sports and the education of youth...
    Mike ... I love ya man ... god bless my friend. My thoughts and prayers are with the whole Raahauge Family ... Sincerely, Andy

8. bdshooter

bdshooter Member

NSCA extends its condolences to the family and friends of Mike Raahauge, a long-time NSCA member club owner and operator in Corona, California, who died on Monday of cancer. Raahauge was very active in his community and bringing people into the shooting sports through instruction and activities at his shooting facilities.
    Raahauge is survived by Elaine, his wife and partner of 48 years; his son, Pat, who has three sons and two daughters; and a daughter, Cindy Shenberger, who lives in North Carolina with her husband, Kevin, and their two daughters.
    His daughter said a family celebration of life will be held soon. In the meantime, he will be memorialized at a three-day event at the range that begins May 31, the 30th Shooting Sports Fair.

9. RSP

RSP Member

We are all very sorry to hear the news. Such a great man, and such an asset to the shooting sport.

We send love and condolences to his family.

Sincerely,

Redlands Shooting Park

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mike raahauge obituary

mike raahauge passed away