1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Huckabee

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cdconley, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Anybody that doesn't yet support this man needs to go to his website and read his comments on the issues. Most importantly read his views on Energy, Immigration and Taxes.

2. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

From Huckabee -

**The first thing I will do as President is send Congress my comprehensive plan for energy independence. I'll use the bully pulpit to inform you about the plan and ask for your support. I'll use the bully conference table to meet with members of Congress until I have the votes. The plan will get underway during my first term, and we will achieve energy independence by the end of my second term.**

He has NO plan, and there's no one on earth that believes he can acomplish that in 8 years. It's Huckleberry smoke.

3. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

smokerz,

Obviously you haven't done very much research on this subject.

It not only can be done but it would be easy to do. Currently we are sitting on 250yr supply of fuel in Coal and Shale Rock. We currently have the technology to make gas, diesel and home heating oil from these resources. Keep in mind that that 250yr estimate is based on no new technology. Obviously you’ve not read about David Neeleman’s plan to utilize this resource. Based on his plan our military could be energy independent within two years and the entire country within 10. Although unlike Huckabee’s plan his plan is only for the replacement of foreign oil and Huckabee’s plan also calls for development of new sources and expansion of existing sources like nuclear power.

Of course to accomplish energy intendance we’ll actually have to tell the environmental morons to jump in a lake. You do have a swimming suit don’t you Smoker or is that Toaker?

4. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

Neeleman? Bwhhaaaaaaaaaaa. He has no plan, none, just BS and smoke. This is the guy who can't run a little airline without losing money.

Nuclear? Eight years? Tell us how a large quantity of nukes gets built in 8 years. BBWWWWHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Smoke, bogus claims and BS don't get the job done. Oh yeah, Huckleberry can't walk on water either, even if he does say so.

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I think we just need to "will" all the bad stuff away like the demcratic candidates do. Their followers will believe anything as long as it opposes Bush.

6. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**I think we just need to "will" all the bad stuff away like the demcratic candidates do.**

That's not the private domain of democrats. All of them, dem and repub, claim they can do everything, and not one of them has a workable plan for anything.

Vote for me. I'll defeat terrorism, make us energy independent, get health care for everyone, fix Medicare and Social Security, reduce crime, improve education, solve the illegals problem, restore American industry, and cut taxes. I'll let you know the details later.

7. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

Coonley says - **Of course to accomplish energy intendance we’ll actually have to tell the environmental morons to jump in a lake.**

But his hero Huckleberry says - **For example, when it comes to the environment, I believe in being a good steward of the earth.**

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

All Clinton ,Edwards, and Obama do is promise to take $$$ away from companies and wealthier people and give it away to the poor which is just buying votes with tax dollars. Their programs suck the life out of the nations productivity.

9. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I like Huckabee's appearance and his demeanor. The problem he and anyone who wins the Presidency will have is that of the 3,000+ Presidential appointees that will be made after the election. The party that wins will saddle the country with the same political hacks, time after time. Maybe Huckabee will have some people with a fresh approach.

At least, I don't cringe everytime he appears on TV.

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Past actions I believe speak louder than the the hollow words being spoken by most of the candidates. Huckabees immigration policies were poor and his fiscal conservatism was also poor while gov.

The same holds true for Julie Anna, Romney, and McCain. Gun control, immigration, abortion. Even Fred Thompson has spoke with a forked tongue on the immigration issues.

It's a shame that Hunter and Tancredo can't get the name reconition.

Maybe I'll vote for Lou Dobbs and Glen Beck. Hell, even for Michael Savage!!

Doug

11. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Just my opinion; but I feel Huckabee will be nothing more than a clone of George W. Bush. I.e. about as conservative as Ted Kennedy. Unfortunately we have no one that has come forward; that has a realistic chance of being a conservative candidate that can win the presidency. That means Hillarious and her gang of worthless slugs will most likely take over the Whitehouse. Especially when you figure that most of the liberal Democrats will vote at least 4-5 times apiece for her! God help this country.

12. Bernie

Bernie TS Member

Can somebody just delete that idiot smokerz?

13. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**Can somebody just delete that idiot smokerz?**

Nope, but I can delete you bernie...here goes...[BLEEP!!]

Buh-bye, bernie.

14. Bernie

Bernie TS Member

Another liberal failure by smokerz- the dope smokin hippie and general idiot who has used dozens of handles.

15. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

I have been sending money to Tancredo, but may have to face reality if he can't gain any traction. Huckabee presents himself well, but his response to the Iraq situation during one of the debates was basically that we (U.S.) broke it, so it's our job to fix it. In my opinion, it was WAY broke before we got there - they need to start doing for themselves a bit more.

I don't see any of the nay sayers naming a better choice. In reality, I will vote for anyone running AGAINST hillary or obama.

16. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Did you ever wonder why it is you can post on a republican friendly web site for or against? But a damacrap site only allows pro damacrap views to be posted.

Not talking about TS.COM.

I have tried to post on quite a few of them. But the posts are "edited" or deleted before they get on the site. Why is that??? They didn't like my question about why they like Chinese money so much? My Sandy Burger question got nowhere either.

Rock

Jim

17. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**Did you ever wonder why it is you can post on a republican friendly web site for or against? But a damacrap site only allows pro damacrap views to be posted.

Not talking about TS.COM.

I have tried to post on quite a few of them. But the posts are "edited" or deleted before they get on the site. Why is that???**

Hmmm...maybe it's because you post offensive crap like this -

**Now do you want the whole thing in context? Or just the way liberal asshol@s report everything?**

**What the hell are you going to do with crotchless panties?? Oh yea I forgot liberal democrat that does explain a lot. Well hope they will look good on the guy you live with. **

**All I know is that KY or Kentucky jelly stuff tastes bland on toast in the morning**

You've got a lot of class...low, but a lot of it.

Rock

18. Robb

Robb Member

Damn, Ain't politics great?

19. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

For those of you who have attacked Huckabee on his immigrations stance (wrongfully) I have posted below his consistently stated stance on the subject. The one issue regarding this that Huckabee at one point said he supported was allowing children that had been brought here at a very young age, grew up here, went to school here, not because they knowingly broke our laws but because their parents broke our laws, should be allowed to stay here while they were going through the process of LEGAL immigration. This had nothing to do with the law breaking parents. So if a child of 2yrs old was drug into this country and at 19 discovered that he was illegal after growing up here, going to school here and knowing nothing about the country. Huckabee supported allowing that person to stay here while they apply for legal immigration status. He at no time supported any type of amnesty for the parents that brought the child in. He at no time supported any type of amnesty for the child. He simply supported the idea that as long as they were a productive non-criminal that they be allowed to stay here while they apply for immigration (like anyone else wanting to immigrate here) instead of being deported to a country they knew nothing about. He did not support the same grace period for the parents and advocated their immediate deportation.

Support this issue or not, this is not in my opinion a weak stance on immigration. Think about it, what if you today found out that your parents brought you here illegally, would you want to be immediately deported to a country you know nothing about. Or do you think you should be allowed to stay here at least long enough to apply for your immigration?

Below is Huckabee's stance on immigration.

Immigration

Securing our borders must be our top priority and has reached the level of a national emergency.

The Governor supports the $3 billion the Senate has voted for border security. This money will train and deploy 23,000 more agents, add four drone planes, build 700 miles of fence and 300 miles of vehicle barriers, and put up 105 radar and camera towers. This money will turn “catch and release” into “catch and detain” of those entering illegally, and crack down on those who overstay their visas.

In this age of terror, immigration is not only an economic issue, but also a national security issue. Those caught trying to enter illegally must be detained, processed, and deported.

The Governor opposes and will never allow amnesty. He opposed the amnesty President Bush and Senator McCain tried to ram through Congress this summer, and opposed the misnamed DREAM Act, which would have put us on the slippery slope to amnesty for all.

The Governor opposes and will not tolerate sanctuaries for illegals. The federal government must crack down on rogue cities that willfully undermine our economy and national security.

The Governor opposes giving driver’s licenses to illegals and supports legislation to prevent states from doing so.

The Governor will stop punishing cities which try to enforce our laws and protect the economic well-being, physical safety, and quality of life of their citizens.

The Governor opposes and will not tolerate employers who hire illegals. They must be punished with fines and penalties so large that they will see it is not worth the risk.

The Governor opposes the economic integration of North America that would create open borders among the United States, Canada, and Mexico. He will never yield one iota or one inch of our sovereignty.

The Governor will take our country back for those who belong here. No open borders, no amnesty, no sanctuary, no false Social Security numbers, no driver’s licenses for illegals.

Governor Huckabee knows that securing our borders must be our top priority and has reached the level of a national emergency. He is as sick and tired as you are that it is harder for us to get on an airplane in our home town than it is for all these illegals to cross our international border unchallenged.

We cannot stem the tide of illegals until we turn the tide. Before you fix the damage to your house caused by a leaking roof, you have to stop the leak, which the Governor is determined to do.

The Governor supported the $3 billion Congress passed this summer for border security. This desperately-needed money will train and deploy 23,000 more agents, add four drone planes, build 700 miles of fence and 300 miles of vehicle barriers, and put up 105 radar and camera towers. This money will turn “catch and release” into “catch and detain” of those entering illegally and crack down on those who overstay their visas.

But where is this $3 billion? The President threatened to veto the bill it was part of! Now the Senate has again voted for this money as part of the Defense Bill. The Governor will continue to fight until we get these funds.

In this age of terror, immigration is not only an economic issue, but also a national security issue. We must know who is coming into our country, where they are going, and why they are here. All those who are caught trying to enter illegally must be detained, processed, and deported. As Governor, he ordered his state troopers to work with the Department of Homeland Security to arrest illegals and enforce federal immigration law.

The Governor opposes and will never allow amnesty. He passionately rejected the amnesty bill that President Bush and Sen. McCain tried to ram through Congress this summer after secret meetings of an under-the-radar cabal of amnesty-loving senators.

The Governor opposed the misnamed DREAM Act, which was a nightmare because it would have put us on the slippery slope to amnesty for all. Because once we open that door even a crack, we’ll never get it closed again.

The Governor opposes and will not tolerate sanctuaries for illegals. The federal government must enforce our existing laws by cracking down on rogue cities and towns that willfully undermine our economy and our homeland security by giving benefits and protection to illegals. The consequences for illegal entry must be swift, certain, and uniform throughout our country.

The Governor opposes giving driver’s licenses to illegals, such as Governor Spitzer is trying to do in New York. The Governor supports legislation that would prevent the states from granting this privilege to illegals. In 2005, he signed legislation that prevents illegals in Arkansas from getting driver’s licenses.

The Governor will stop punishing cities which are trying to enforce our laws. He will appoint judges who will uphold the law, not side with the ACLU against cities like Hazelton, Pennsylvania, which are trying to protect the economic well-being, physical safety, and quality of life of their citizens.

The Governor will not tolerate employers who hire illegals – they must be punished by fines and penalties so large that they will understand it is not worth the risk. Once again, as with Hazelton, liberal judges are gumming up the works. Right now, a court in San Francisco -- Pelosiland – has delayed enforcement of the “no match” letters for Social Security numbers that the Department of Homeland Security will use to crack down on those who hire illegals. If illegals cannot find work, they will go back where they belong. The Governor will do everything he can to hasten their trip home by denying them employment. The Governor strongly opposes the economic integration of North America that would have open borders among the United States, Canada, and Mexico. He knows we must have closed and secure borders. He will never yield either one inch or one iota of our sovereignty. He will recognize no authority but our Constitution.

Governor Huckabee will take our country back for those who belong here and those who are willing to play by the rules for the privilege to come here. No open borders, no amnesty, no sanctuary, no false Social Security numbers, no driver’s licenses for illegals.

20. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Waterhouselake,

First let me say that I agree with you, Tom Tancredo is the strongest candidate we have regarding immigration. And I would hope that we’ll see him at the very least on the ticket as VP. But I still believe that the number one issue that our country faces today is energy. Right now we are at the mercy of the world oil producing nations. What would happen to us tomorrow if they all just decided to stop selling us oil? Without energy independence we will have no peace in the world, we will continue to have to deal with rouge nations on their terms. Our economy and our economic strength will continue to decline at the same rate our dependence on foreign oil increases. I like your guy Tancredo and would support him, but unfortunately the issue I see as the most vital to our economic and strategic security, he doesn’t even address on his official website. As for Huckabee, I don’t dispute anything from the link you posted, but my interpretation is completely opposite of yours. I see no problem in anything that he has said on the site you linked. On his web site and on the sites you posted it comes down to this. 1. He wants to secure the border and supports the 700 miles of fence with electronic monitoring and additional vehicle barriers. 2. He wants to take away all incentive for them to stay by going after those the employ them. 3. He opposes all social services for them. 4. Those that want to stay here he’s said (your post) that they should pay a fine and go to the BACK OF THE LINE when applying for immigration status. 5. He wants to continue to increase the size and scope of the Border Patrol.

Arizona and Oklahoma enacted tougher new laws to crack down on employers of illegal immigrants. The result (according to the press) has been that these people have started to leave these states. Do you really think that if we secure the border, take away their ability to work, and refuse to provide social services (welfare) that they will stay in this country.

I have no problem with any candidate that wants to secure the border, enforce our laws regarding employing illegal immigrants, cutting off social services to illegal immigrants (other then emergencies medial treatment in other words welfare) and making law breakers go to the back of the line and apply just like any other immigrant. Nothing from your post that he has said makes me think that he is “weak” on immigration and nothing from your post that he has said would indicate that he is in favor of amnesty.

This is a top three issue for me and Huckabee has been consistent in addressing the key points on this issue, on top of that he does well on the other issues as well. Unlike Tancredo that doesn’t even address what I think is the number one issue. If you want to claim that a candidate is weak on immigration you should be pointing at Giuliani after all NY is a sanctuary city now and also when Giuliani was the mayor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.