1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIKE HUCKABEE Moving up-------

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 100straight, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 100straight

100straight Member

mizzou,

Can you tell me how you formed that belief about Huckabee? I've never seen anything from him to lead me to that conclusion. Here is a quote from his website concerning illegal immigration:

"The Governor will take our country back for those who belong here. No open borders, no amnesty, no sanctuary, no false Social Security numbers, no driver’s licenses for illegals."

I thought I was going to support Thompson, but as time passes I find myself agreeing more and more with Huckabee on nearly every issue.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

2. 100straight

100straight Member

Here are some other quotes from the Huckabee website. The first one is especially insightful for a national politician.

"The Second Amendment is primarily about tyranny and self-defense, not hunting. The Founding Fathers wanted us to be able to defend ourselves from our own government, if need be, and from all threats to our lives and property."

"Second Amendment rights belong to individuals, not cities or states. I oppose gun control based on geography."

"I consistently opposed banning assault weapons and opposed the Brady Bill."

"As Governor, I protected gun manufacturers from frivolous law suits."

"I was the first Governor in the country to have a concealed handgun license."

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

3. Bustedemall

Bustedemall TS Member

Go MIKE!!!! The very best candidate we have. There may yet be a big surprise to the libs and those that support them. It's shocking that anyone who believes in the constitution would bring up any candidates religous beliefs, I thought we were past that when JFK got elected.

4. 100straight

100straight Member

I went to Tancredo's website, but I didn't see anything about Huckabee. Maybe that is good, because I prefer candidates that stick to their own position on issues, rather than attacking others, especially those in their own party. However, I did notice that Tancredo is pro 2nd Amendment, but his statement in not nearly as strong as Huckabee's. I could support Tancredo based on his stance on the issues, but he is currently not even polling high enough to make the charts. In September his poll numbers were below Sam Brownback who dropped out of the race, and he is still well below Ron Paul. I don't think Tancredo is electable. Huckabee is trailing, but at least he is in the top 5, pretty much tied with Romney.

Concerning the Arkansas question. I have a lot of friends in Arkansas. Huckabee is who they chose to fix all the problems created by the Clintons, and he has done a good job of that. If he can do it in Arkansas, I believe he can do it for the nation. So, I see no problem with another President from Arkansas. I definately know that I don't want one from Illinois or New York.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

5. 100straight

100straight Member

mizzou,

Do we eliminate candidates based on their religious beliefs? Why would a Mormon be any less likely to follow their beliefs than a Baptist? What about Catholics? or Jews? Are they bad people because of what they believe? Should we only allow atheists to be President? Do that and ALL your rights will be gone in a heartbeat.

I would be very happy with the sort of conservatives that Huckabee would nominate to the Court. That is actually one BIG reason I like him.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I support Huckabee. The President makes about 3,000 appointments so we had better see who is supporting who, since they will end up with the appointments. Remember "great job Brownie"?

7. 100straight

100straight Member

Romney's stance on right to life:

"Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney stressed his conservative credentials during a presidential campaign visit to the capital Monday, calling for federal judges who oppose abortion and blaming Democratic President Bill Clinton for cutting the nation's military."

"He said later, regarding the appointment of judges who oppose abortion: 'I think not only in the appointment of judges, but in the development of law, it's important that you have somebody who shares your view on something like life.'"

Looks like Romney isn't so much a supporter of abortion after all.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

8. 100straight

100straight Member

Could you explain what that "Big, big" difference is? Seems to me a dead baby is a dead baby, either way. If you or I had been aborted prior to birth, we would be just as dead as if we had been "aborted" after birth.

If we are going to grant a mother the right to choose when to end the life of her baby, why should that right to choose end at birth? Why not let her make that choice when the child is 2, or 3, or 35?

However, I am a "Big, big" proponent of a woman's "right to CHOOSE." Her right to choose occurs when she CHOOSES to have sex. If she makes a bad "choice" I don't see why the baby should pay for that mistake.

I realize this is just my opinion, and I am adamant about my position on this, as I am sure you are on yours. I'll never understand the logic, but I would still like to know what you see as a "Big, big" difference between "pro choice" and "pro abortion," aside from "pro choice" sounding nicer.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

9. 100straight

100straight Member

Of course, to justify abortion you must immediately play the "rape & incest" card. Rape and incest account for less than 1% of abortions. About another 1% of abortions are done to save a womans life. I never even mentioned these sorts of things, and of course the woman doesn't have a choice in such cases.

I am concerned with the 98% of abortions where a life is ended simply because the preganancy is "inconvenient." As I said before, if we are going to give a woman the right to end a life because she deems it incovenient, why do we take that right way at birth?

You refer to something you call a "blob." Were you a "blob" once? If so, and that "blob" had been disected and ripped from your mother, would you be alive today? To me, dead is dead, no matter what you call it.

Instead of discussing such things in the abstract I feel it is helpful if we really bring the issue home. So, consider this question. If the "blob" you described IS YOU, and it IS YOUR mother's choice to abort YOU, are YOU still OK with that? If so, you need to think again, because YOU are DEAD!

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

When I first sat and listened to Huckabee, he sounded very convincing.....even to my wife, who hates politicing.

Well, I could just rest on how well he spoke, so I started huntin' around.....

immigration grade at NumbersUSA...poorer than poor

http://www.betterimmigration.com/candidates/2006/prez08_gop2.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Immigration deal on US taxpayer's dime

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58430

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huckabee begging for tax increases 2003 (this video has just surfaced)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLOC4krZI4

Now, what do I like about him....The FairTaxPlan!!

Doug

11. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Mizzou,

Pro-choice IS pro-abortion!

Frankly, I could support ANY of the leading Republican candidates (well maybe not Ron Paul). Yes, I do have a preference but that is secondary to having Hillary, the Breck Girl or a Muslim-in-mufti as president. (You say Obama is a Christian? I don't think so!) Besides a guy who doesn't salute (with his hand over his heart) when the National Anthem is played and won't say the Pledge of Allegiance shoukld not be President anyway. Tthen again, shouild a woman who would not allow the US flag to be displayed at her college commencement (she was Validictorian) be president?

These Dem candidates are not liberal - they are radical and WRONG for America.

12. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Whether abortion is legal or illegal, it's not going to stop most of the people who want one from obtaining one. Those with the financial means will get one if they want it. Those who have neither the means to raise a child or the money to get an abortion will just have another kid and increase their welfare.

Isn't it strange that the ones who complain the loudest about legalized abortions are also the first ones to complain about having to pay taxes to support mothers and children on welfare. Hell, if a woman doesn't want a kid, I'd rather pay $200 or whatever so she can get an abortion than pay for raising and educating that kid for the next 18 to 20 years.

13. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

The most important issues of our time are #1 energy independence. #2 Securing the border. #3 Crushing terrorist where ever and when ever we can. #4 Controlling wasteful spending by congress.

Giuliani = A NY politician that was catapulted by the media after 911. I can not support him.

Romney = A Massachusetts politician. How far left do you think the most conservative person in Massachusetts politics is? That’s like saying it’s raining but it’s a dry rain. No thanks but much better then Giuliani.

McCain= (from my home state) A liberal in sheep’s clothing. This guy should leave the Republican Party, there is nothing worse then a liberal claiming to be conservative. But I think he’ll drop out before the end of the year.

Tancredo= A good VP choice because he has the strongest stance on the border and surly would influence the pres and the public on his strongest issue. I could support him on the ticket, but I think we all know vp is the best he can hope for.

Paul= Let’s not repeat the strategies of Chamberlain from the thirties when dealing with our enemies, or history will surely repeat it’s self. This guy has his head in the sand.

Huckabee= He hits the ball out of the park on energy which in turn will bolster our economy and national security. He right on the money on fighting terrorist around the world. He definitely apposes the out of control spending in congress. He’s strong on the border, but I would still like to hear the word FENCE come out of his mouth. All things considered he’s the best conservative for the job.

14. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**Do we eliminate candidates based on their religious beliefs?**

No, of course we don't, We've elected a Catholic and may elect a Mormon.

However we should eliminate candidates who would use the office of President to enforce their religious beliefs on others.

15. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**Pro-choice IS pro-abortion!**

No, it's not. Pro-choice is YOU keeping YOUR NOSE out of the uterus of a woman you don't know. You don't want to have an abortion, you don't have to...if you're a woman.

If you are male, you have no right.

16. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

I don't think that anyone should decide how they will vote for President based on a trivial issue like abortion. Anything that has nothing to do with the economy or national security should be a secondary consideration so unless someone can tell me how abortion will effect National Security or the Economy in a major way, I’m not considering their stance on this issue at all. Unless of course I find that two candidates are equal on the important issues then I consider the secondary issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.