1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Hampton, "Tournament Director", ????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Southern Gent, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southern Gent

Southern Gent TS Member

Mike Hampton,

Just saw a news report about the heat at Sparta, quoted "Mike Hampton, tournament director".

Is that Mike Sr.?

Is he working for ATA or IDNR?

Exactly what does the "tournament director" do?

2. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Mike Hampton,

He doesn't have to work with the milion+ dollar un-funded pension NSSA gave him. Must be another Hampton. Not!

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mike Hampton,

Million dollar pension voted on in locked door room with the bare number of people present?

Wasnt in his contract?

NSSA doesnt even have a million dollars?

Dont know if it is him or not but I do know to not let anyone modify a contract with him without public overwatch?

Its easy for your buds- or someone that owes you- to vote you a lot of money - if the money isnt theirs--

We have that here with a director of a works agency that slept with all the board members- Her education was GED and she sounded like she should have not qualified for her GED-- she and several people that worked for her received several million of performance benefits and salary raises signed off on by guess who? money that was prohibited by law from being used --- but they were unlucky- because some of the money was federal money

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Mike Hampton,

Hey Duckman sounds like your are jealous! Mike Hampton is one of the best assets to our shooting community. About time people like you quit harping about how much he makes, in my opinion he earned every dime.

Ron Ausman

5. grammie

grammie TS Member

Mike Hampton,

Yes sir,,,,,you get exactly what you deserve!!!!! And you deserve Mike Hampton!!!

And while I'm at it,,,,you may as well learn how to sew big balloon pockets on all your clothes and then fill them with cash,,,,and then learn how NOT to notice when a hand reaches in and helps itself!!!!

Yes sir,,,,the ATA jumped right into bed with a rattlesnake,,,,and now you deserve the snake handler that comes with the serpent!!!!

He must have had a good lawyer...........

AKA Grammie...........

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Mike Hampton,

Grammy

Are you at the GRAND?

Sounds like you have a personal problem with Mr. Hampton who happens to be the best thing that happend to clay target shooting since the invention of smokeless powder. If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. And by the way what is your contribution to Trap shooting that makes you such an expert.

Ron Ausman

7. grammie

grammie TS Member

Mike Hampton,

When you raise chickens,,and you find they keep dis-appearing day after day,,and then you see a fox hanging around,,,you can be sure of two things,,,,1st,,the fox has an appetite for chicken,,,,and 2nd,,,that fox will keep coming back for more,,,until you are out of chicken,,,or you kill the bastard!!!!! You don't have to be a farmer or live on the farm to figure this out!!!!

A human is a creature of habit,,,,it continues its unsavory traits until its corrected or incarcerated.....

AKA Grammie...........

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Mike Hampton,

If I remember correctly it was the IDNR that hired Hampton to help develop the Sparta concept.

Jay Spitz

9. Alan J  Wilson

Alan J Wilson TS Member

Mike Hampton,

grammie do yourself a big favour and delete your comments

Alan

10. Little Limber

Little Limber TS Member

Mike Hampton,

If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, post it on ts.com.

LL

11. grammie

grammie TS Member

Mike Hampton,

No!!!! the post stays as written!!!!! Not one word will be deleted or edited....

AKA Grammie...........

12. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Mike Hampton,

Grammy

Your words are quite harsh I think that maybe you have stepped over the line. I think that maybe you need to find a new past time.

Notice I have the backbone to sign my name.....

Ron Ausman

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Mike Hampton,

Grammy, PROVE IT! I've heard these stories about Mike since the 70's. I've always asked for proof. Haven't seen any yet.

14. shadow

shadow Active Member

Mike Hampton,

Methinks our resident turd examiner has opened a can of crap.

15. shoottx

shoottx TS Member

Mike Hampton,

Mike Hampton did a great job of developing the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio. He has always run a great shoot and shooting programs.

The issue of his pension, unfunded and paid for by the skeet and sporting community is the responsibility of the respective board of directors.

Laying the blame on Mr. Hampton for asking is very mis-directed. It was the beoards and olny the boards who could have approved the deal and allowed it to go forward. Put the blame where it belongs on that issue.

Mike Jury

16. phirel

phirel TS Member

Mike Hampton,

Mike- I think you just made a quite reasonable post.

Pat Ireland

17. 1881home

1881home TS Member

Mike Hampton,

All you folks that think so highly of Hampton can be the one's to stand in front of him and grab your ankles. Then you'll know how the NSSA and the NSCA feel!

18. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Mike Hampton,

Stand your ground, Grammie.

...although, we can take some satisfaction in the fact that he's apparently sucking his pay out of the taxpayers of Illinois now, rather than the ATA.

19. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Mike Hampton,

I have seen what Mr. Hampton accomplished in San Antonio. If any of you have ever been there you should agree. He was responsible for getting a lot of financial assistance from the shooting industry. Something the ATA has not been abel to do very successfully. And I understand he worked with the State of Illinois is the establishment of the Sparta facility. And all that I have talked to who know him personally speak highly of him.

Sounds like just the person the ATA should consider. And for what the past director did for us, he might just be worth double the past salaries.

The retirement package Mr. Hampton received was negotiated in good faith. And he deserves it. Any of you fine gentlemen that critize him get fair retire-
    ment compensation. If so I am sure you feel you deserve it. - Jim

20. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Mike Hampton,

I do not know why I chime in but I must just to offset those who are obviously clueless and should get out of the clay target game. If you have to use an anonymous forum to post your miss-conceived grievances against a person who has been successful then maybe you should take a hike. I recommend taking up a new past time, Noodle and Grammy must have some inside information that the rest of us have missed. Since they have to make comments in an online forum depicts how little intestinal fortitude (guts) they have.

At the end of the day, any event that has Mike Hampton's name associated with it in my opinion will be a first class show that I am happy to donate my time and money too.

Mike keep up the good work I hope your association with recreational shooting continues for many years to come!

Semper Fi

Ron Ausman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mike hampton skeet shooting