1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Midwest target price jump?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mel12, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mel12

Mel12 TS Member

Hi all, while at the club I herd a nasty rumor that midwest targets went up $4 per case. I realize that we are lucky to be within driving distance of the factory (Litchfield IL). Is this true?

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I don't know about Midwest but White Flyer went from $8.50 per case to $10.50 for a truck load (20 pallets x 63 cases).

What is the current Midwest price per case?

Jim Skeel

3. Mel12

Mel12 TS Member

Well it was 8 or 9$ if u pick them up. If I remember correctly.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Don't forget, despite you picking them up right at the factory, the components to make the targets were still delivered by truck. I know as I have delivered to Midwest Targets in Litchfield many times. They are likely passing the fuel surcharges on to their customers. Fuel costs go up and it's a snowball effect all the way to the customer

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Where have you been? Petroleum pitch is the main ingredient.

Truck fuel is only the tip of the iceberg here. the Chinese need that petroleum, Obama wants to give it to them.

HM

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

We have been told that pitch targets will not be availlable until June or later? All targets went up. I just paid $850 per pallet for Bio's

7. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Be prepared, if your targets land in grass bio's will turn that area into a moonscape. Nasty stuff.

8. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

We've been told our case price has increased about $1.80 per case due to the price and availability of pitch. Fortunately, we were able to get 2 truckloads before the increase.

John S
    Chicago

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

We use the Bio for our trap fields and can't seem to get the grass and brush to stop growing... no "Magnificent Desolation" at our place...

I remember Downers Grove having some real cosmetic issues up cloase with combo fields, from the Skeet throwers; but for trap-only fields it's not an issue, actually a benefit I suppose... no recovery/removal costs!

Jay

10. skeeljc

Geez, $850 per pallet is $13.50 per case! That is 10 cents per target!

Gamaliel will sell you White Flyers for $630 per pallet delivered if you take a full truck load (20 pallets).

Jim Skeel

11. skeeljc

So what does Midwest charge for cash and carry?

Jim Skeel

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

From the sounds of it you will only have one arm, and one leg. Pretty tough to carry.

13. creek

creek Member

In NC we have had three price increases in the past six months for Lawry targets. The White Flyer prices have been increasing at the same rate. Oil prices go up, target prices go up. We are told that another increase will take place on the next shipment. For a small club, it's killing us.
    John

14. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I've NEVER gotten that cheap of a quote from Gamaliel's, and I get one every year. Three years ago they were $10.65 and I had to go pick them up. Never bought from them.

15. jkortte

jkortte Member

Word is that Midwest won't have any targets to sell for at least 3 weeks.

16. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Word also is if you show up with 100 dollar bills, you get a 10% discount.

17. skeeljc

320090T is correct. Cash will get you a 10% discount from Midwest. Been there - Done that!

Jim Skeel

18. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

My club just raised prices from $7 per round to $8 due to the White Flyer increase. Guess I won't be shooting that much anymore--I could barely afford shooting twice a week before the increase.

19. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Recent quotes peg an anticipated price increase on our Bios @ 11%... I'm sure that is due in large measure to shipping, but while there is no pitch - I would venture it is also due in part to manufacturing process costs - processing of sulfur binder and other base materials, paint, etc.?!

Next order were taking a a full load in lieu of the 1/2 we normally take to cut on shipping...

Jay

20. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

While at a registered shoot two weeks ago. I overheard one of the directors for our state shoot talking to other board members. The general concenses was that the price of targets was going up $3.00 per case and that they were going to raise the cost of events by $2.00 per event to cover the cost of the target increase. Apparently Biodegradable targets are cheaper, however most shooters do not like Bio targets and prefer to shoot pitch targets. I do have to admit, The event was held at a club that only throws Bio targets. I can say that I for sure would prefer to shoot pitch targets over bio targets.

Jim Bradbury

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.