1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Midwest Gun Works

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Fanugee, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

Has anyone done business with Midwest Gun Works in Pevely,MO?

2. SouthMetro Shooter

SouthMetro Shooter TS Member

I ordered some parts and a bag a few weeks back. Arrived quicker than expected. I cannot speak for their gunsmithing services though.

3. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I have had several guns worked on at Midwest Gun Works. Bought a Sweet 16 Browning for a good price that someone had ruined all of the screw head slots in the receiver . They recommended re-cutting the original screw heads as they would be a better fit. They did a great job fixing and re-bluing the screws. Also they have done other work on Double Autos and A5's that was done very well. In fact I will be taking them another older Browning for some work. They also fixed a Benelli Montefeltro for me that would not take a shell without a great deal of force into the magazine tube. I would highly recommend them.

4. 5141

5141 Member

Rich and Jon are Fine guys, they have put a fine group of talented guys on site.... Work is good ,service is first Class....
    I would imagine over 20 years I've sent them 25 different jobs,all completely well done.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

first class outfit. Big time.

6. xtj

xtj Guest

They rebuilt my bt99 couple of years ago was happy with there work.

JKG

7. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

They have done work for me in the past. I was well satisfied.

8. 1oldshooter

1oldshooter Member

I took my Browing GTI O/U to them. Gun was worn out.It flew open on the second shot. They fixed it, it worked good. 1 Year later (4000 birds) I had the same problem. Called them and told them about it. I then took the gun back to them. A complete rebuild and I got the gun back in 3 days. "No charge" just a note telling they were sorry it failed again. They WILL do all my work from now on. Jerry ***oldshooter**

9. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

I concur with the rest.

JR

10. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

I recently inquired about purchasing a couple high grade stocks from them.

I asked if they could send pictures of both sides of a couple of stocks for me to see, and was informed that they were an internet business and did not have that capability.

When I asked if the stocks were able to be viewed at their location, about 3.5 hours from me, I was told they did not have a storefront.

Not the most customer oriented business around.

Will Gurton

11. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

Appreciate all the feedback. I have an O/U in for service now and will post up when it is complete.

12. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

I sent them a Winchester 101 20 guage manufactured in 1969 for a complete rework, reblue and wood refinish. Friends have told me it will be a brand new gun when It comes back. Can't wait. Will post pics when it comes back.

13. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

I just picked up my Beretta SPII on Friday April 6th. I did call the week before to check on the repair and was told they would expedite the repair as I was in the third week of the repair. No big deal however I did ask for the confirmation email for the repair since I had yet to receive it. It arrived in my Inbox before I hung up the phone. When I picked up the SPII is was professionally boxed and the employee explained the entire repair thoroughly. The repair estimate was $275 however the final cost was $319. Not a big deal however $25 was for the test fire of the firearm which is not optional. I can understand this however providing that cost in the quote would have been easier to digest. I will fire the SPII no later this week when I attend a registered shoot. The top lever is now sitting to the right and the action feels almost like brand new.

14. HUNTER64

HUNTER64 Member

I used them last summer on a 682 gold combo that was double firing. It took 3 trips but the gun was fixed no problems the rest of the summer. The last time I picked the gun up they told me the action needed tightened and they would do it half price since I made 3 trips to them for the same problem. I took the gun over to them on January 26 and was told it would be a couple weeks to get the job finished....73 days later my son is shooting my gun now because his gun is not finished. When I called them they said they are waiting on a part from beretta and are 4 to 6 weeks out. I am going on 11 weeks now and still no gun or call. They are nice people and they do good work but I would be careful if you need the gun back soon.

15. gcessna

gcessna Member

They Have my Beretta now. I couldn't get the forend off. the latching lever would not pull. That is a Beretta service center and Beretta said it is under warranty. It seems to me I sent it to the Black Hole, when I call to talk to someone they tell me the repair facility is in a different location and they will call me. Meanwhile I'm getting to shoot my old plain jane SBT pretty good. Alot to be said about no adjustments and no choke tubes.

Gary

16. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Service and parts, second to none....Grubby

17. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Took my son and his 1100 Classic to them for fitting. I was anticipating $400-$500 worth of stock work.

Left with a fitted neoprene pad on stock. ($20)

They told me they would love to have sold me a "stock job" but it was not needed and I was surprised at the honesty and professionalism.

They will get any further business from me when I need to use them.

18. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

Shot my Beretta SPII that was repaired at MGW. No issues. I would do business with them again if needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

midwest gun works bought winchester stocks

midwest gun works forum

midwest gun works pevely mo