1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MidwayUSA - Baldrige Award Winner

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OldGoat, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

MidwayUSA located in Columbia MO was one of only 5 companies awarded a 2009 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, described as the nation's highest honor for innovation and performance excellence in businesses. Article from the Kansas City newspaper (which is consistently and forcefully anti-gun) reported that Midway is an internet and catalog-based retail business (no mention of sporting goods or gun supplies). According to the article, 70+ companies in the US submitted applications for the award. From my experience, employers covet this award and spend lots of time and effort supporting their applications. (The article also reports that my former employer, the Honeywell operation in Kansas City, was also an award winner. The Honeywell operation in KC is also not a favorite of the KC Star since it produces non-nuclear components for the nuclear weapons program..and the Star is anti-nuke.) All my transactions with MidwayUSA have been excellent and the head of Midway, Larry Potterfield, is an active supporter of the NRA and shooting sports...his support of shooting programs on the Outdoor Channel is first-rate. Best Regards, Ed

2. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

3. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

I've placed orders with MidwayUSA in the past and have always been very satisfied with their service. My recent order of Break Free CLP arrived quick-time. I've even had the pleasure of communicating with Larry Potterfield and round up my order with the extra going to the NRA.

If you need supplies MidwayUSA is the place to go.

4. HoosierHawk95

HoosierHawk95 Member

I did my doctoral dissertation on the Baldrige Award in education a few years back. Working through the application is a huge undertaking, receiving a site visit is a big deal and winning the award is monumental. Congratulations to Midway and all the effort they put into this receiving the Baldrige. I would be willing to bet it took Midway ten years to build the foundation in their practice and business philosophy just to be able to apply for the Baldrige.

5. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

Spent my career working for Xerox Corp. and we won the first Baldrige award. I believe that it was about 1989 or 1990 and Xerox showcased their 'Just in Time' manufacturing process. Working through the qualifying process and preparation for the review was very intense. They even had the factory floors waxed for the review. Too bad 95% of the manufacturing and now even a good bit of software development is being done offshore.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.