1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Midway will not ship wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1perazzi, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1perazzi

1perazzi Member

I just tried ordering some wads from Midway and was told that they will not send any part of a cartridge to California.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Write your Congressman!!!

3. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Did you try it online? Sounds like you got someone that didn't know what they are talking about.

4. 1perazzi

1perazzi Member

I started online and was declined so I then called.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Arms dealers are joining together to boycott states that have passed anti gun legislation. HMB

6. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Maybe some of the people in those states will start putting more pressure on the politicians (if they have not), or if they are lucky, move to a state that is not so liberal. Some of these states are agaisnt the gun and ammunition industry, only makes sense to not honor them with service. YMMV Scott

7. Avaldes

The only problem with that line of thinking is that you are punishing the people that actually support the gun industry. People that hate guns are not ordering wads from Midway, those are shooters.

I get the political posturing, but they are hurting the people that keep them in business.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I don't think Larry Potterfield would do that.

At any rate, he's the guy to talk to.

HM

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I live in MA and I couldn't buy any Hulls, Brass, Primers, Wads, or Bullets. When I contacted Midway about I was told that the AG of MA threatened them with heavy fine if they were caught shipping components to MA. They told Midway it was against th law to ship to MA.

Well it isn't yet I was told that they were not going to take a chance on my say so when the AG says it is.

You might try Midsouth they have a form that you can fill out and it will shift the blame onto me not them. I would however make sure that it isn't against the law CA. Now I can get what I want when I want it.

Bob Lawless

10. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Don't blame Midway...contact your Congressman.

11. Avaldes

There is no current law banning ammunition or component sales in California. Just FYI.

I get most of my ammo and components online.

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

"The only problem with that line of thinking is that you are punishing the people that actually support the gun industry"

Maybe the silent majority will speak up now and also join the NRA. There are too many gun owners who are letting a few foot the bill!!!!!

13. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Here a novel idea, plan a trip to a gun friendly state and plan on buying enough to last a year and go back home, then fight the good fight to get rid of the Commie Democrats in your states!

14. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that wads are not included in the definition of "ammunition" at the federal level. Primers, powder, casings, yes. So that isn't what is causing this issue.

Cutting-off shooters from needed supplies that are legal for a business to ship will do nothing other than reduce the number of shooters. Is that what you really want?

15. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Boycott Midway! LOL

16. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

They will have your single barrel trap gun before its over and you say nothing! Jeff

17. 1perazzi

1perazzi Member

When I spoke with the guy on the phone he thought it was odd so he checked it out and said that they could not send any components. I should have asked if it was just San Francisco or all of Ca. I was able to get them elsewhere.

18. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

OK this is complete bullshit!

There was a law passed here in CA a couple of years ago banning online purchase of ammo and components and subsiquent shipping to CA.

It was shot down in court immediatley after it was signed into law on the grounds of interferring with "Interstate Commerce."

There is no law against buying ammo or components online and shipping it to CA.

I ran into this same crap with Cheaper Than Dirt they refuse to ship most anything associated with a gun to CA.

I started a boycott of that outfit on Castboolits, and 99% of the people who posted on the thread stopped or had already stopped buying from them..

Maybe Mr Potterfield needs a wake up call?

AS far as any AG lying about a law ,,, Get em on tape and they won't be AG for long.

They CANNOT lie to you about anything! It is against the law!

Randy

19. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

If they won't provide the service your willing to pay for. Don't fight with them just spend your money elsewhere. Speak with your $$ that's what gets companies attention.

20. 1perazzi

1perazzi Member

If anyone on this site knows Mr. potterfield please let him address this issue himself on this forum. My intent is not to slander anyone but to understand why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.