1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Midway Is Joining the boycott!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Jerbear, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

TTAG reader and Registered Nurse Lance Sauer recently received this email from MidwayUSA:

Currently, there are several parts of the country that have restrictions on civilian ownership of certain magazines or types of ammunition. Sometimes it is entire states and sometimes local municipalities pass these regulations, which I consider unconstitutional. At any rate, when we encounter these situations it has always been our policy not to sell to anyone in these areas, regardless of what law enforcement or government credentials they offer up. If the laws change and all law abiding citizens can buy these products we would be happy to sell to Law Enforcement, but not before then. Thanks for taking the time to be involved. I wish all firearms would follow your lead.

On Behalf of Larry, Thanks For Your Business,
    Eric Ellingson
    Contact Center Supervisor
    MidwayUSA
    NRA Endowment Member

Good for them.....

Jerbear

2. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

As a business they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Well done Midway. More companies need to follow this example. BYG

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Maybe this is why the feds are buying up so much ammo lately??!

They might have known the reaction of "citizens" to the corruption they intended on doing.

It will only work if EVERYONE does it!!

Keep up the pressure, Midway!!

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The feds will simply set up a purchasing agency for those departments that are refused sales and service from gun, magazine, ammo and accessory makers. Or an agency in a "free state" might purchase these items on the behalf of another state. These companies need to take heed of this and write purchase orders and contracts declaring secondary sales are forbidden and that they will not honor warranties to other than the original purchaser.

5. oz

oz Active Member

straw purchases for law enforcement?

6. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

The US Government has no trouble producing ammo in times of need.

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Johnny, the government doesn't PRODUCE ANY AMMO! NEVER HAS! They buy it from manufactres! What part of that don't you get?!! If the U.S. manufactures refuse to sell to them they will have to get it elswhere! As far a "time of need" tell me why the government NEEDS 1.6 BILLION rounds of Ammo. That's a full blown war lasting over 24 years!!!! But,This ISN"T ammo for the military it's HLS!!!! No way in heck will they ever need that much! Something stinks in this whole deal!

8. Cray

Cray Member

"Thank's For Your Support" !!!!!!!Cray

9. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Just placed my order to Midway for a TWELVE (12) round S&W pistol magazine in .22 cal. If I lived in New York I would be considered a criminal? Why is it, I have 2nd Amendment rights (at least for now) here in Ohio but no go elsewhere? This is nuts. Thank the fine people of Midway for doing the right thing. BT100dc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.