1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIDLAKE?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by midalake, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

I can tell you what will happen.

1. Taxes will not go down in Wisconsin
    2. Any surplus monies {if any} will be given out in state contracts to wealthy donors who bought Scott Walker.
    3. Most of these contracts will support less than "Good Jobs" that someone could raise a family on.
    4. There will plenty of {bridges to nowhere} just as in the past in Wisconsin.
    5. Wash-Rinse-Repeat
    6. All on the backs of people who had decent wages to support families.

To quote a famous movie line "So this is how democracy ends...with thunderous applause"

GS

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

the weather is great in Michigan

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Something called Arab Spring began in December of 2010. To date the despot leaders of Egypt, Libya, and Yemen have all gotten the boot. Bashar Assad of Syria may or may not be next.

A good many folks around the world are all giddy about the regime changes and the prospects for more. Chris Matthews probably had another thrill run up his leg. It's all because they're operating under the silly notion that democracy is about to break out in the middle east.

Well boys and girls, here's how it actually works... In each of those countries the murdering lunatics in charge take nearly all the goodies. What they don't keep for themselves gets shared with the military (loyal only because of payoffs) and a group of the regime's elitist supporters. Meanwhile, the population at large sucks hind teat.

The reality is that there isn't a dozen people in any of those countries interested in democracy. What they want is to replace the existing repressive despot (the one sharing loot with someone else) for a new despot that will share the loot with THEM.

What's this got to do with public unions and Wisconsin?

For decades public unions elected a parade of democrat politicians. Their chosen despots (I meant democrats) promptly handed the keys to the state's treasury over to their union buddies.

Members of Wisconsin public unions aren't p!ssed because democracy ended. They're p!ssed because the loot sharing democrats got replaced and the gravy train is over. What really galls them is that the voters put an exclamation mark behind it on June 5th.

On a separate note let's assume Midalake is correct. Let's assume Walker starts acting like a democrat and gives big taxpayer funded payoffs to his campaign supporters. Exactly how would that be different from the despot currently residing in the White House?

sissy

4. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Sissy,

The answer to your last paragraph is;

It wouldn't.

But at the same time it is very highly unlikely to happen that way.

Chuck

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

sissy, exactamundo.

midalake is spiking the ball for us. Why didn't he take my bet for a C note?

I could have used a couple flats of shells.

Koolaid rots your brain, proof is here.

HM

6. dale1957

dale1957 Member

Follow the 30 plus million dollrs. It always comes down to follow who spent the money and why.

7. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Midalake,
    When you say " less than Good Jobs, that someone could raise a family on", I have one question? Are you referring to the mining jobs that your beloved democrats failed to support with even one needed vote? Remember, the mine would have been staffed with UNION miners, and built by UNION construction workers. Don't even try to deny it, it was part of the deal.It also would have been built in the northern most part of the state that has NOTHING going job wise. Those people needed this mine. The 14 weasels that fled to Illinois, when the big union bosses told them to, worried more about their campain money than the thousands of people in Wisconsin that would have been employed at this mine.Maybe, just maybe, if one of them had the courage to do the right thing, Tuesdy might have gone differently.The best part of this whole ugly 16 months is this, you guys did it to yourselves.Your everyday working guy in Wisconsin can only take so much. You dopes put all your eggs in the basket of a bunch of psychos.The best part about Tuesday was when the rest of the country saw the vote totals and the county by county map, they realized the bullshit they have been fed by the media didn't wash. Wisconsin is NOT a bunch of drum beating, pot smoking, disrespectful jag offs. We were all just too busy working to make the news every day. We did find time on Tuesday, however.
    PS. Check out the article in the Chicago Tribune today entitled " Where is our Scott Walker".

8. halfmile

midalake seems to be pissed about losing his gravy train too. At 80K/year and fire fighter job, probably 24 on/72 off,he just hates having to pay part of his bennies like the non elite workers in the state.

As far as taxes, property taxes have already went down. NO teachers have had to be laid off because of not enough money in the budget. School districts have saved MILLIONS by not being forced into the crooked WEA trust health insurance. (They lowered their rates sharply as soon as Prop. 10 came in, chickenshits)

Someone needs to tie their pantslegs.

HM

9. midalake

Steve M...You know what I mean about low paying jobs that cannot support a family. Throw in a few illegal aliens working on the bloated state contracts as well just so the business owners can put more in their pockets.

Halfmile [halfpint]...whatever, Just quit lying. I doubt that very few Fire fighters in the state make 80k a year even after 30 years on the job, unless they have some type of promotion. Here are a few items to educate you.....

1. Firefighters and other public employees do NOT receive Social Security. This is a cost savings to the cities and counties that employ firefighters, but retired firefighters can't collect this benefit that is available to almost all other Americans. The lack of Social Security benefits and the payroll savings to local government is rarely mentioned in discussions about public employee benefits.

2. Firefighters work a 56 hour work week - At least 40% more hours than the average worker. They work 24 to 72 hour shifts, and respond to emergencies at any hour, night or day, 365 days per year - even on holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving when virtually no one else is working. Because of this, their hourly wages are relatively low for a skilled profession.

So really halfmile if your crappy job is so bad, apply to be a fire fighter. You can work 832 more hours a year than most people. OH I FORGOT. Your will have to spend more of your off time [though compansated] on mulpitle training sessions [mandated] for both fire and EMS. AND like many departments today [because of cut backs] you will be required to carry a beeper and respond back to the fire station on any major working calls to man other peices of equipment.

So half mile don an air pack and man a hose or piss=off.

GS

This is from Madison. They have one of the best in the state for paid Fire Fighters

Entry level Salary & Benefits
    Job Title: Firefighter

Job Status: Full Time

Work Week: 48 Hours (24 Hour Shift)

Biweekly Starting Salary* $1,632.69

Annual Salary with Increase after Six Months $44,493.00

10. midalake

Halfpint

Here is the wage sechedule form Oshkosh

WAGES AND BENEFITS
    Firefighters in the ranks of firefighter through captain are represented by the International Association of Firefighters Local 316. Under the fair share agreement, union dues are deducted starting with the first month of employment.

Firefighter wages effective January 1, 2009 start at $1457.21 bi-weekly. For the first 3-1/2 years of employment, raises are given every six months until the full pay scale of firefighter is reached. The 2009 full pay schedule for firefighter is $2181.60 bi-weekly. Firefighter/Paramedics receive an additional 4% of base bay. Benefits include health insurance, pension, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, and life insurance.

$2,181.60.....Ya were stickin-it to the man baby.........

F-off....GS

11. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I guess I don't understand why someone would go into a career that does not pay that well, is very dangerous, has a very slow, long advancement rate and opportunity, then bitches about it and and the very people who pay his salary through their taxes.

Midlake, maybe you might want to take up another profession.

Did anyone force you to become a firefighter?

12. midalake

Rich...here is your stupid is as stupid does for the day.

I have NEVER once complained about my Wage or compansation package as a FF and glady work as hard as I can to provide this service. But as you elude to, it is a package...I DO HAVE PROBLEMS when someone tries to jag with the package taking away parts that were promised. Your right thought really not that attractive now is it????

Brought to you by public employee's "stickin it to the man"....baby.

GS

13. spritc

spritc Active Member

Midalake,

You have to pay into Social Security to receive it. It is not a gift like your retirement package. Most of us contribute to the fund week after week and the Dems spend as much of it as they can and then call it an entitlement. We will never see what we paid into this Ponzi scheme. Some of the younger generation will never receive a penny unless it and the real entitlements are reformed. It all starts at the state level and hopefully after the November election we will see it on the national level. However, if you and people like you keep voting for Odumbass, we may never see our wonderful country recover from their spending and debt.

Steve in Indiana

14. halfmile

We addressed this Social Security BS before on another thread. Bringing it back again in its original form:

"Here is an answer from the FAQ section of the Social Security web site. All United States Federal emloyees under the FERS retirement system pay into Social Security. There are some special provisions for firefighters and certain law enforcement personnel to draw a "supplement" from Social Security because their retirement age is well below the typical retirement age for most people. Take note that most of us will have to be sixty-six or older to draw the full benefit.

Question If I receive a government pension, how will this affect my Social Security benefits?

Answer If you worked in a job that was not covered under Social Security, e.g., some Federal, State, or local government employment, the pension you get based on that work may reduce your Social Security benefits. Your benefit can be reduced under one of two provisions.

The first, called "government pension offset," applies only if you receive a government pension and are eligible for Social Security benefits as a spouse or widow(er). Under this provision, your Social Security benefit may be reduced by two-thirds of the amount of your government pension. There are several exceptions to this rule. For more information, see our GPO page or the GPO calculator.

The other provision, called the "windfall elimination provision," affects how your Social Security retirement or disability benefits are figured if you also receive a pension from work not covered by Social Security. The formula used to figure your benefit amount is modified, giving you a lower Social Security benefit.

Social Security benefits are based on a worker's average monthly earnings adjusted for inflation. When we figure your benefits, we separate your average earnings into three amounts and multiply the figures using three factors. For example, for a worker who turns 62 in 2007, the first $680 of average monthly earnings is multiplied by 90 percent; the next $3,420 is multiplied by 32 percent; the remainder by 15 percent. For more information, see our Online WEP Calculator.

Under the windfall elimination provision, we figure your benefit under a modified formula in which the 90 percent factor is reduced to 40 percent. There are exceptions to this rule. For example, the 90 percent factor is not reduced if you have 30 or more years of "substantial" earnings in a job where you paid Social Security taxes. If you have 21 to 29 years of substantial earnings, the 90 percent factor is reduced to somewhere between 45 and 85 percent.

For more information, you should read the Social Security fact sheets "Government Pension Offset" (Publication No. 05-10007) and "The Windfall Elimination Provision" (Publication No. 05-10045). You can file for retirement benefits online."

I would also take not of the fact that just about all the firemen I knew had side jobs or businesses they worked because of all the free time.

These would also be subject to SS. Yours must indeed be an unusual case if you have no SS benefits.

Your words re wages:
    "Yes bash away at all of us that make between 60-80k after putting in 25-30 years"

I have to agree, playing horseshoes and waxing the truck 90 per cent of the time is really dangerous...............

Don't think I am downgrading the bravery and service of the firefighter. But you stay there for a reason, and in your case I think it's not altruistic.

Your benefit package adds considerably to your yearly income, unless you forgot you have them. I would be happy to trade mine.

Sorry you miss the pedestal.

HM

HM

15. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

midalake:

Unlike some I didn't march in the 'dump on midalake' parade. I'm not going to start now. However, your commments about not participating in Social Security isn't helping your cause.

A select group of public sector employees (apparently including you) didn't participate in SS. You had the ADVANTAGE of opting out because your fire fighting forefathers recognized SS for the Ponzi scheme it is. I OTOH, have been paying SS taxes since age 14. Toward the end of my working days, I was self employed so I paid the employer AND employee portions - a total of 14% of my gross compensation. In return for having a portion of my lifetime compensation confiscated by the feds, I'll get benefits, lol.

Well whoopty f@cking doo! Forget the idea of a "return on investment". It is highly unlikely I'll ever see the original dollars I paid into the system. By the time I'm eligible to collect there will be means testing.

Means testing is government speak meaning "no soup for you". You see Mr. and Mrs. sissy are thrifty people who planned for retirement. Between after our after tax savings, self funded 401K accounts, and other prudent investments, we don't actually require SS benefits to put a roof over our heads or food on the table. So in return for funding SS and providing for ourselves, a fair chunk of the SS taxes we paid will go to slackers.

Excuse me if I sound a little sore. A person gets that way from being on the receiving end of a perpetual government scr@wing.

sissy

16. midalake

I understand being bitter about SS. But you have to understand our employers "city" Paid into the pension for us....just like your employer pays SS...unless your a business or contract worker...I know my wife was a contract worker.....And depending on the city....some contracts pay the pension amount in full and some have co-pays. But to be pissed because someone that has a pension as compared to SS...and the pension [you hope] is run better...is wrong....it is still our retirement money...like you I am part of the "system".

I really do not know what HM is on about that I will get SS...I am not old enough to know or try to apply yet. However from everything I know I will get Zippo, and in fact all I paid into in my small jobs through my teen years up into the time I was a fire fighter will be absorbed.....I do not have enough quarters to qualify...but when the time is right I will check. Hard to turn down another Govt. dole....lol

GS

17. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

midalake,

Here is an honest answer to your whine about hours worked.

I live in Michigan, ya know we build cars ans such. I spent 36 years working for suppliers. None of those suppliers offered a pension, that was unheard of by smaller companies like Federal Mogul. So I don't collect a pension from those companies I worked for.

Our standard work week, Monday thru Friday. 7am til 5:30pm. Saturday 7 am til 3:30pm. Not much time off to do anything. So I scrimped and saved so now that I am retired I can damn well do as I want. If you add up those hours ---it's 58 per week. Mostly all of them standing over a machine tool and having someone watch you constantly. Most of the firemen that I know work long shifts, but always have a lot of down time while on those shifts. In other words quit complaining, we all have worked long hours at one time or another. Just be thankful that you have a job that you can do well.

I know the point is that the public can't afford to pay all those padded benefits any longer. Most of our jobs went away with downsizing and outsourcing. Now it's your turn to pony up for yourself.

Chuck

18. Rick Barker

Wow dude, I would say you are unhappy and bitter, but I nor anyone else are obligated to make you happy.

Since you are pickin' for a fight, I don't feel sorry for you one bit.

People in the "private sector" have had this happening for decades with pay cuts, lost of benifits and pension losses , and some with the loss of their job, so get a grip and welcome to the real world.

Having worked in both government and private sector and providing my own pension, I learned early in my life to depend on no one or thing to secure my future.

Perhaps some day when you grow up (which I doubt) you will find out you are not alone in what has happened to you and there are no guarantees in life for anyone, union or not.

19. Rick Barker

midalake

Never did I intend to infer that you were stupid.

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Ask for a base report on your SS (if they will release it). It will tell you what you've paid into SS during your working years. They use to just send it every few years, but now you have to ask for it.

I was shocked when I saw what I paid in, full well knowing I'll probably never see a cent.

Tell me it's not a Ponzi scheme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.