1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Middletowns Bobby Gilbert passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nitro 100, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

I do not have all of the details yet. But Bobby was found by his son this morning. He will be sadly missed by all of his friends. Prayers for Sue and the family. I will post when I know arrangements.

Jerry Nickell

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Bobby worked for me at the Grand American for a couple of years prior to moving to Sparta. He was a real character who smiled a lot and worked hard. I will miss him. Prayers to his wife and family.

Bob Schultz

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

My thoughts and prayers to the Gilbert Family!

Matt Woodson

4. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I have shot against and been beat by Bobby many times. There is no better person to have lost to. My sympathy goes out to his family.
    Don

5. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy goes out to friends and family. Bobby was a real trapshooter and so
    proud of his shooting coat when I took it to him in Middletown. He immediately put it on and shot his new gun.

He will be missed by Janet and Don Fritch

6. wylekiot

wylekiot TS Member

As i sat here and read this thread, I am in dis belief. Bobby was one of my dearest friends for a long time. We worked to gather many hard days at MSC. I cannot express how much I will miss his friendly smile and cordial demeanor. R.I.P. old friend. Ken Alexander

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I had done a lot of trading and dealing with Bobby, last deal was Ljutic Release trigger, He was a good friend, Will sadly miss him, and deepest sympathies to his family.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Bobby will be missed. Not seeing him at the Fall Festival riding around on the gator will be tough. Don Blankenship Birdtracker

9. GSC

GSC TS Member

We would like to send our prayers to Bobby's family. He will be greatly missed at Middletown and all the other trap shoots that he attended. Just seeing him ride around on his gator with a cup of coffee and a trap in the back ready to help any one he could.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

I will miss him.

Pat Ireland

11. BYRDSHOOTER1

BYRDSHOOTER1 TS Member

Bobby was a great friend to many, he got me started trapshooting only 8 or 9 years ago,he help me every step of the way. We worked together for many years at Middletown and his help was greatly appreciated.

I will miss him verry much, and this club won't be the same to me without him...

R.I.P. little buddy..... Pat

12. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

There will be a memorial service for Bobby from 2pm to 4pm on Sunday afternoon. It will be at Baker Funeral home in Middletown.

Jerry

13. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

It's been a bad week. I've lost 3 personal friends, but this one was hard felt. Alot of people depended on Bobby and most he supported financialy and never said or asked for a thing. Most all of the time he never got a Thank You. As a trapshooter, he was my biggest pain in the ass, but as a friend, he was one of the best. I've already come to miss his morning calls and him leaving nasty messages because I did'nt answer, boy would I like to see that phone number pop up again...I'm sure he has already contacted the handicap commitee in the gates above for some type of a reduction. Now it's your time to rest, we'll miss you. Doug and Dave @ SGS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.