1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Middletown Sportsmen's Club shoots

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pat Byrd MSC Manager, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat Byrd MSC Manager

Pat Byrd MSC Manager TS Member

Here is a flyer on our Saturday evening protection shoots. Please call us if you have any other questions. Hope to see you there.

2. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Pat, I read $40.00 per shooter. Should that read $40.00 per team? Thanks.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I like to shoot at Middletown. I wish it were not a days drive for me.

Pat Ireland

4. Pat Byrd MSC Manager

No sorry Pat, it is $40.00 per shooter. Last winter this was a very popular shoot for us. On top of the high payouts everybody had a good time with it. Now that the daylight hours are getting shorter we are hoping it picks up interest again. Wish it wasn't such a drive for you....we definitely enjoy having you here.

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

Pat, no offense intended but I still question the $60.00 per team (targets and shoot) for 60 targets. I can see (and agree) more $ going into the options (payouts) but $1 per bird? Am I missing something? Please inform me.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. Pat Byrd MSC Manager

Oops sorry Jerry I thought that was Pat asking the question. I can see your confusion. We use this flyer here at the club where people can ask questions at our front desk. I need to revise it.

Actually the $30 target/shoot fee is also the payout money for each of the 6-10 bird mini shoots within the entire shoot. We only keep 25% of the target/shoot fee to pay for trap help and target costs. The rest of the money is split amongst the high shooters of each 10 bird shoot. The calcutta and jackpot are for the entire 60 targets. At the end of the shoot we shoot off all the ties in each of the 6-10 bird shoots. Then the overall winner of each 10 bird takes a 1/6 of the shoot fees after we split our 25% out. If anybody has any questions about our protection shoot or protection shoots in general please feel free to give me a call. Thanks

7. JB Logan Co. Ohio

Pat- I figured there was more to the story. Good explanation of where the $ goes. Hope to see you down there soon. Thanks again.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.