1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Middletown scores

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pj 999, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Could not make shoot today. Anybody know if scores are posted on website? If so what website? Can't remember name of company they are using this years for scoring. Thanks

2. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

who cares we need to chat on the presidents race

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I also had to leave that fine shoot early, but I did get to shoot 5 days. If the winners list includes shooters who missed winning events by one or two targets, my name will be there. I got to shoot with Big Don- what a great guy.

Pat Ireland

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Pat,

Being a bird off the lead at Middletown is nothing to be ashamed about. It's a tough club to shoot, and there are some good shooters there. You can and should feel proud.

5. Janet

Janet TS Member

Middletown - one of the hardest clubs ever to shoot. But, that's what makes it fun!

6. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Whats so hard about Middletown? Didn't they just get new traps.

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

The photo above also shows one of the primary difficulties with Middletown...on a 200 bird singles event, you'll shoot your first 50 in the morning with the sun pretty much in your face. And it doesn't matter what bank you're on; they have 16 traps and you skip 3 between traps, so everybody has to do it. Once you get around the corner to the second 2 traps, it's better...but many of us are already cooked by then.

8. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Bill Trusty out of ky won the caps today with a 99. 3 scores of 98, multiple 97,s and 96,s. A lot of people got punches at middletown today. Scores were great. With pat traps and well set targets, you have to break a good score at middletown to be in the money. If you have not visited Middletown in the last year, you owe it to your self to come out and shoot. Pat Byrd the new club mangerr is doing a great job and has a great support staff. Also a reminder Middletowns saturday calcutta starts next Saturday. Thanks.

Jerry Nickell

9. TCFelty

TCFelty Member

Got to meet Pat Ireland there on Friday while making a purchase from Matt Woodson,a vender for downrange wads. Great guys to do business with that have a great product. Great job Mr. Byrd and all of the middletown staff. TIM

10. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Tim,

It was great to see you there! Also, it was great to meet Pat Ireland there! Tim thanks for business! Also, what is so hard about Middletown? I broke my first ever 100 straight there Saturday (Ok, I had to bring that up!)!

Matt - Woodson Enterprises
    "The Scattergun Store"

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You might add that they upgraded the camp grounds with new electric and water.

It's still a tough place to shoot, is that bad? NO

Note: Sat. 2nd 100 16's I shot on a 4 man squad due 5th man having to leave early. results 398/400. Those 2 misses were by 2 shooters on the 3rd station, last house, final scores 100,100,99,99. The 5th shooter who missed all this fun will remain nameless but he lives in VA.

Pat Ireland is as interesting in person as he is on this site, shoots a funny purple colored gun but we had fun.

Don

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Don- I just figured out why you shot a 99 on Friday and not 100. You have problems with color. My gun was red, not purple. Thanks for shooting with me.

Pat Ireland

13. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Tim F., glad to hear you're still on the correct side of the grass. Hope you shot well. I'm still having fun and getting used to shooting that Cobra I got from you. It's especially nice putting .38 spec.'s through it. I'll have to get down to Middletown soon.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

14. Herman63

Herman63 Member

Middletown was great!

I got to meet Pat Ireland and shoot two hundred doubles with him on Wed.

nice meeting you Pat!

Matt congrats on the 100!!!!!

Take care all, Herman63 from KY state

15. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

well I do believe that HELL has frozen over. I can remember years past about 3 times a year there would be threads on here that the targets were terrible, the scores were terrible, and so on. Whats up with that!!! Don

16. mizzmo

mizzmo Member

Congradulations to Joey Hill for making the 27 yd line on Fridays handicap.
    Dan W

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

birdtracker; All right here is a complaint. There was a wild party in the camp ground Sat. nite. Last 5th wheel on on the North end, the guy has a cute wife, a black dog and a little golf cart. Kept all us old farts up until at least 9:30.

Don

18. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Back to my original question. Are scores posted on any websites? Does anybody remember name of company doing the computer work at the shoot? Hey Birdtracker were you at the Fall Festival? If so I missed you? How did you heal up? Paul Baker

19. mizzmo

mizzmo Member

PJ, Don Cain did the computer services for the shoot, but I don't think he has a web site for the scores. R J Stuart did it several years ago, maybe that was the site you found the scores.
    Dan W

20. BYRDSHOOTER1

BYRDSHOOTER1 TS Member

Im currently working on a sheet for scores and payouts to post on this site, I should finish it today. Please look for the post (Middletown Fall Festival Payout).... We had a great turnout, great weather, and many great scores, we hope everyone had a great time, and will return next year for our Mid-American. I personaly would like to thank everyone for the positive comments, and for helping make this shoot a HUGE success.

THANK YOU, PATRICK BYRD (MANAGER)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.