1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Middletown OH next week

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by phirel, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

I will be at the Middletown shoot next week (Wed-Sun) and hope to make some new friends and see a lot of old friends. I will be hanging around the classification table or at the club counter picking up the trophies I win. I am easy to recognize. I look just like me.

Pat Ireland

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have never shot at Middletown, but I have decided to go next week. I hear it can be a challenging place to shoot. Hope to meet you. I look like me too. We must be twins!

3. pullhit

pullhit TS Member

Pat: I surprised you are not going to the NC HOF shoot next week - beautiful weather and that laid back southern atmosphere.

4. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

It hasn't rained at Middletown since July so you may want your rain gear.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

pullhit- Yes, I will have to miss the NC Hall or Fame. I have been helping out at Middletown for several years and want to continue that tradition. Ohio can be a friendly place to shoot and I only get up there once a year. I get to shoot in NC many times a year.

Pat Ireland

6. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

I hope to attend some part of this shoot as well.

This is a well run shoot while on the grounds, great fun, nice people, good venders, and some of the best shooters in North America will be there. Setterman I've never meet Pat Ireland, how will I recognize you?

Matt Nicol
    Will someone helping run the shoot from the spring, please e-mail or PM me? I have a question, Thank you.

7. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Setterman: I feel sorry for you. I have met Mr. Ireland. The old saying about shaving your dog and making it walk backwards comes to mind!!! Think he will put me in AA for that!! Birdtracker

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Well Pat, I am not going to be able to make it this year. This marks 2 years in a row that I have missed this shoot. I do plan on attending next year. Yes, the weather can be tricky. People complain all the time about tough targets and Middletown. Well, I ran my first ever 100 straight in trap @ Middletown! I will always love Middletown for that, plus Option MONEY galore! See ya'll next year.

Matt in Kentucky

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

I got my first 100 there too, and will always remember it fondly.

I've screwed that shaved pooch there a few times too...but we won't talk about that.

Great place to shoot. One of my favorites.

10. birdtracker

I am going friday and sunday for sure. If someone recognizes me, give me a shout. Birdtracker
    birdtracker_2008_0303_124.jpg

11. pullhit

pullhit TS Member

Pat: We will miss you in NC but good luck in the land of the Buckeye....

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

I will leave early this morning (9/19) for the Duckeye State. Shopping with my wife on Monday, have a meeting on Tuesday and begin shooting on Wednesday. I will be back to pester others on this site next week.

Pat Ireland

13. G-12

G-12 TS Member

Does this shoot begin Wednesday or Thursday? Thanks, Ben

14. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I thought it starts on Thurs.

15. Setterman

birdtracker, with that gun you probably belong in AA anyway. After your description of Mr. Ireland, I guess we are not twins.

If I see you, I'll intro myself. Good luck at the shoot.

16. Setterman

They have a website. Wed. Night is a 50 bird handicap purse shoot. Thursday is 100 targets of each.

17. birdtracker

Setterman: you go out and break a 199 in 30 mph winds and rain and everyone says you belong in AA. Whats up with that? I was in C and went straight to AA. I hope I see you. I usually shoot in the gray hat with the blue V in the picture. Hope I run into you. Birdtracker

18. tedingraham

tedingraham Member

I'm planning to shoot Saturday's 16 yd,. 200 target event. This will be my second ATA registered target event. If I understand correctly, I'll be competing in Class B.

How is squadding determined? Will I be squadded with Class B shooters, or is squadding done by the luck of the draw with mixed classes? Ted Ingraham, Beavercreek, Ohio

19. birdtracker

Ted: your classification doesn't mean anything with who you shoot with. It only matters in the results. So you possibly could squad with anyone. Have fun and good luck. Birdtracker

20. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Birdtracker, you are going to have to load pretty fast to shoot that gun on doubles. See ya Friday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.