1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Middle Class workers - No Tax break

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by grnberetcj, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Be prepared for the "December Surprise"...

Curt

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Did anyone REALLY believe our taxes would stay the same or even go down?

3. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Sooo...what are they getting done up there..???
    1.)No decision on keeping current tax rates..that's right..KEEPING them as they are...it's not about Obama "cutting" taxes for anyone. He wants to INCREASE taxes on his target group. It's classic Democrat party divide and conquer CLASS WARFARE..."soak the rich" tactics. They don't mention the burden this would be on every small business. This is starting to look like they're position on Obamacare..."we won't know what's in the Bill until we pass it". Apparently we can't see how they will vote on this tax increase until we re-elect them...!!!
    FAT CHANCE.
    2.)No budget...Another little sleight of hand. Congress has failed to pass a budget even though all kinds of deadlines have passed. They just pass "extensions" to keep things going. NOBODY in DC with a (D) behind their name wants to go on the record with the ugly budget that will be required to fund the new America Obama and Pelosi are bringing us.
    Pissed off yet...????
    Be sure to thank your buddies in BIG LABOR.

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I remember having this discussion with my idiot liberal family. They said the Bush tax cuts were only for the rich. I told them that I got a tax cut as did anyone that pays taxes. Now you have the Obama administration saying they want to keep the Bush tax cuts for the middle class in place but letting them expire for the rich. What. I thought the tax cuts only went to the rich. The American people are soooooo stupid.

5. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I think you might be wrong. I am pretty sure that Obama is in charge of running the "wars". We now spend about 23 percent of the budget on the military. Is it better to give them that 23 percent to spend on other worthless programs. I happen to agree with you on the left now. Pull the troops home and quit fighting the inevitable. Why did Obama spend all the extra money in Afghanistan for a losing cause. America is a dying country. Our government has turned into an uncontrollable fast growing cancer. Western culture is dying. Why fight it anymore. It takes generations to build up a great civilization but only one completely rotten generation to bring it all down. We are witnessing history. It is sad to see what is left of America's greatness dying in the Middle East.

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

You may have seen this but I offer it once again:

Tax system explanation using the language of Beer!!

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100.

If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this;

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.

The fifth would pay $1

The sixth would pay $3

The seventh would pay $7

The eighth would pay $12

The ninth would pay $18

The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59

So, that's what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw
    them a curve ball.

"Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20". Drinks
    for the ten men would now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They
    would still drink for free. But what about the other men - the paying customers?

How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?

They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth
    man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer.

So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by a higher percentage the poorer he
    was, to follow the principle of the tax system they had been using, and he proceeded to work out the amounts he
    suggested that each should now pay.

And so the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% saving).

The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33% saving).

The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (28% saving).

The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% saving).

The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% saving).

The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% saving).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But, once outside the
    bar, the men began to compare their savings.

"I only got a dollar out of the $20 saving," declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, "but he got $10!"

"Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar too.

It's unfair that he got ten times more benefit than me!"

"That's true!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back, when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the
    breaks!"

"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison, "we didn't get anything at all. This new tax system exploits
    the poor!"

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had their beers without him. But
    when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn’t have enough money between all
    of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and government ministers, is how our tax system works.

The people who already pay the highest taxes will naturally get the most benefit from a tax reduction..

Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start
    drinking overseas, where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

David R. Kamerschen, Ph.D.
    Professor of Economics.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

flinchy poo is a little off the mark here:

"The military budget takes almost half of your tax dollars at present, and is more than the next 15 nations COMBINED"

Unfotunately if this was the case there would be absolutely NOTHING left for your lovely liberal entitlement programs, since INTEREST on the debt takes 43 cents of all the money taken in. That's 43 Per Cent.

IF it's half military and 43% interest, does that mean we run all else on 7 per cent?

Must have been a bad batch of catnip.

HM

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Highflyer,

Do you know how much your tax savings were for your tax cut figuring per year?

I will bet you it is in the hundreds, not tens of thousands.

If you are in the middle class like me, and the majority of this country is, then our tax class burden is spread out between many more stupid Americans.

The middle class will spend that money, helping the economy. The 1% of the rich, if they are smart Americans, will find a tax sheltered investment and make more tax limited, or free money.

Are you not American? If you are, then I think you are calling yourself stupid.

The fact of the matter is, the Bush tax cuts should have never been done while funding a 700 billion dollar war, or if you were Dick Cheney (Haliburton, Kellogg, Brown & Root), a money making opportunity.

I think greed and ignorance is destroying our society, and along with it, this country.

The difference between stupidity and ignorance is, stupidity is a lack of knowledge, ignorance is knowing better and doing it anyway.

I find it hilarious that people will call a tax cut expiring and going back to were it should have been all along, a tax increase when they expire. I thought the Dems were trying to preserve the middle class tax cuts while trying to cut taxes for small business. That would help the majority of stupid Americans. The Reps blocked all that for mid-term election reasons, just because the super rich would not get more wealth fast enough. It is all political BS!

Now with all this being said. Can you imagine how our economy would be if the tax cuts would not have been implimented until maybe early last year. The economy along with our deficits, I believe would not have been in as bad of shape. The tax cuts would have taken us out of a small recession by now and all of us stupid Americans would be doing quite well by now instead of only the smart super rich doing so much better financially right now. The only reason the super rich would be hurt is because there investments on paper went down. Once the markets come back they will be even wealthier, because they took there tax cut money and invested at the bottom of the market. Then they can say to there other smart super rich friends I have more millions than you. After all, that is all it becomes at that point, a competition of greed. I do not think they had to take there kids out of private schools, and sell the Bentley. Middle class, stupid America, used there hundreds of dollars to survive! What a shame. Enough said.

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

We have a national debt of 43,000 dollars per citizen. We are fighting a war against terrorism we are going to lose. We can't, or won't control our borders anymore. Our only real growth in population is coming from these new poor uneducated immigrants and poor native born citizens living off the government in poverty. Our families have been completely destroyed by the government. We have a giant bubble of people getting ready to retire and live off the government. Our government schools are a complete failure. Our prisons are full and there is a complete lack of respect for any authority, even if it is deserved. Our government is run by immoral morons. Europe is in the same shape. If these idiot morons in the Islamic terrorist movement had an ounce of brains they could topple the entire West with a couple of well place nukes. As incompetent as they are they will eventually pull this off.

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I do not think it would take a nuke. If people are willing to die for a cause, there really is no target that is inaccessible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.