1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

middle class:effect of economy on my shooting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by len loma, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. len loma

len loma TS Member

Well with fuel,shot prices so high I am forced to reduce my shooting by %50 this year. If I spend my tax refund check for a HD tv I see it as a boost for China's economy. The refund check the goverment wants me to spend is going into the bank. My family has made drastic cuts on spending else were. As small as my actions are it is a simple protest.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Some people are dropping out because of financial choices and other are losing interest for one reason or another ... Makes no difference what the reason shooting sports are going down the tubes ... The Top Guns will continue to play until the well runs dry and there is no longer a payoff worth while for the effort it takes getting to the shoots ... I like to go and practice a few rounds and may or may not continue to do so, but not for any reason other than nothing better to do ... What ever you are protesting is worth while to you so have at it and enjoy ... I gave up protesting a long time ago and found other things to do with the same efforts ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"The refund check the goverment wants me to spend is going into the bank....As small as my actions are it is a simple protest."

It may be small but it makes perfect sense. Spending the money is good for the government; saving it is good for the individual. No choice there.

Morgan

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Funny I thought CONGRESS had to pass the Bill to get it done. I didn't know Bush had the authority to do it all by himself. At any rate it may help on a small scale, but with the price of fuel going through the roof, the housing/building industry going down the tubes, inflation out of control and the economy in the tank, it is probably way too little and way too late to do much good!

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Real Estate is getting so cheap in Arizona its rediculous, only problem nobody has any money and those that cannot afford them are trying to rent them with an option and they can't even afford that ... I get the feeling that soon the state will be a ghost town because there are homes for sale all over the place and prices keep on dropping ... Talk about deals, hell they are all over the place ... The only good investment here today is gasoline because its going up everyday ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Jay Leno said it quite well last night...People cant afford to drive to their job that they are afraid of losing to pay for the house that they cant afford!!!

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

WPT: So, where is it so cheap in Arizona. I'm looking.

8. topknotdry

topknotdry TS Member

Things can change only when the people we elect listen to the people that voted for their deada--es ,it seems once there in DC for a week they've already forgotten the people that voted for them , everty thing goes down party lines,not right or wrong and and not for the american people or our Great Country,some how its time we made those in Washington be accountable for their actions. I love my country and I love our people of the United States the people in Washington only love their party.After that being said I like so many have no idea how to start making them be accountable.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

shot410ga,

If you haven't seen any, your not looking very hard ... Hell, its all over the place ... The listed or asking prices do not mean anything any more, make an offer that you can live with and be prepared to buy it ... Sun City, Peoria, Glendale, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa and just about every where in between has signs all over the place ... I got an invitation to come and bid on some condo's and townhomes in Scottsdale that were listed and selling for $179,900 to $249,000, that was when the rush was on and prices were up, now they are going to auction with a suggested opening bid of $30,000 with "No Reserve" stating all of these homes will be sold ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.