1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Midalake, help me understand something

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by midalake, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

I don't know.

Have not read the bill not sure if it is even off to the Gov yet.

But I think it is just an "opt out" of paying union dues, but you would get the same bennies.

GS

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Brillint, Rick, make the union members with top salary pay their fair share.

3. dhip

dhip Active Member

I was going to keep quiet,but here's more fodder for your feed.

I am a retired auto worker(UAW)

Towards the last third of my time in the industry I was getting pretty fed up with our representation.Figured I'd run for one of the LOCAl positions.That's when an Official(UNION) came to me with a concern.And pointedly let me know I was too HONEST for a Union position.Since this individual cared(if that's the right word) he let me know,so as I wouldn't put too much of a blemish and spend too much money campaigning and lose.During these conversations I found out something that wasn't known to me until this time.If a Local official gets re-elected,in other words minimum of 2 terms,they get a pension from the Union as well as from the company.That floored me,not only do they get the same pension as I do,but an additional pension to boot.I could understand the National members and International members getting some kind of pension,but Local Officials also.So if you were crooked enough to get elected for 2 terms you got 2 pensions.That's when I realized the Union(at least the UAW) had out served it's original purpose and became a cancer fot the worker.Yes I'm glad for my pension and what's left of my benefits,( they seem to strip the retirees of benefits more so than the workers working at the time.)And what bites is they still get their money from our pension checks.

OK,I'm done,I guess I always was under the impression if you got elected it was to serve the people,NOT to make more money off them.

Doug H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.