1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mid bead color - need your help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr. Honk, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

I have been a long time Browning BT-99 and XT trap gun shooter and have always had a white mid bead.

I use this bead as a reference to make sure I have mounted the gun correctly and am not canting it.

I purchased a Caesar Guerini Summit Trap combo last year. I like the gun with the exception of the small silver mid bead. I have a difficult time seeing this bead and for the life of me can not seem to be able to find a white replacement.
    I am putting a dab of white nail polish on the bead now as a temporary fix.

The gun is at CG now for it's first pit stop. I have been talking to the head of the custom shop and he does not have a bead that will fit, and CG does not even make a white mid bead.

I can not recall shouldering any other trap gun that does not have a white mid bead. Do all of you have a white mid bead?

I want to share your feed back with the President of CG in Maryland because I think their guns need a white mid bead.

Thanks for the help.

Dr. Honk

2. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

FWIW, Kolar uses a silver mid-bead.

3. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Thanks Mike.

How about those that shoot K-guns , P-guns Seitz, etc.

4. shark1

shark1 Member

I feel your pain! I send my guns out to SKEETS in OK and they put the beads I like on the gun. My perazzi has a white mid and orange front. K-80 white mid and red front. All beads are bradley and all work done by a quality gunsmith. I feel it helps check postioning after mounting the gun, (my opinion). Remember its your gun do what you want.
    mike Sharkey, DC

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you like the bead to be white use a little white nail polish. HMB

6. Border Bandit

Hey Doc! I just noticed that somewhere along the line I had put a daub of whiteout on Mr. Kolar's silver bead. (grin) Break 'em all mike

7. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

A little white latex paint placed on the bead with a tooth pick my stay longer than fingernail polish. Flat latex paint adheres well to aluminum which is probably what the bead is made of. Clean oil off first and you can carefully rough it up to improve adhesion of the paint if desired.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I use to use porcelain repair. Looked like ivory and never wore off. Try Sears or appliance store.

9. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Thanks to all that responded and offered ideas. I appreciate it.

I will look for the porcelain repair as that sounds like a longer term solution.

I will also try the latex paint as I have that in my basement.

Let me know if any of you are coming up to one of the NY State Home Ground shoots in Cicero, NY. We will be serving wild turkey breast chunks in a medium hot wing sauce,Grilled quail and chuckar breast marinated in Italian dressing and wrapped in bacon and pulled goose breast, served with a vinegar based bar-b-que sauce.

Dr. Honk

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

As I recall, the white mid-bead is a pressed in fit, not a thread. Many of the online gunsmiths can put one in for a reasonable fee...

11. Border Bandit

Forget those stupid beads, Honk; let's hear more about the menu, the dates, and the directions to your shoots. I'll bring my friends Jim & Gwyn. We always settle the eating arrangements before agreeing to go off to a shoot. (even if it's just next door) Remember Randy's rule ......all the good shooters are big guys with no necks ....eat your way to better scores....yum ......

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer, Honk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.