1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mickelson = class...Tiger = Not

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

But we knew that.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Buzz,

I'll take Tiger's paycheck over Mickelson's any day.

ss

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

ss, you'll be paying Elin 1/2 of it soon!! LOL

4. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

no match in class, JMHO, puablo

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Frank, don't forget the pre-nuptial....

6. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

buzz, well said.
    Doug Allison

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

It was great to see Phil win it!

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Phil Mickelson won $1,350,000 for 1st place. 2nd place paid $810,000 to Lee Westwood. Anthony Kim got $510,000 for 3rd place. K.J. Choi & Tiger Woods split the 4th place money of $360,000 or $180,000 each. Kind of like a Lewis class payoff.

Eric

9. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

I agree Buzz.

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I was glad to see Mickelson win. I was rooting for him from day 1.

Even with out Tigers sexual escapades he had no class. He was standoffish with the crowd, threw temper tantrums and gave the impression the world owed him some sort of godly status. JMHO

I won't take away the fact that he is a great golfer but that doesn't make the man either. Out of all the golfers I liked Stewart Payne the best.

11. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I would question that of being the only billionaire. What about Michael Schumacher of Formula 1? I beleive he was making a lot more than Tiger before he 'retired' three years ago.

Tim

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

likes to shoot; It's Payne Stewart.

Personally I was pulling for the old man Fred Couples.

Don

13. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

You guys are forgetting he has not gotten any for about 6 months. Now your attitudes would suffer to i would guess. Tiger will win more majors than any golpher in history so i would say his attitude is just what it needs to be to fullfil his goals. Now if he can only get control of both his putters.

14. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Coupla points here. First, Choi and Woods didn't split the 4th place money, they split the total of the 4th and 5th place purses so their split was a little more than that $180K. And Woods didn't become a billionaire, he's the first to make a billion in his career. You aren't a billionaire til you're worth a billion, net. Small points maybe, but then again so is one little bitty clay pigeon out of 100...

15. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

So, who is this Tiger Woods guy, anyway???

16. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Once again I agree with BIGDON. He's a pleasure to watch,smooth as warm butter.

17. jwells

jwells Member

phils win and his family saga was the worst thing that could happen to tigers image rebuild attempt, except for tiger own actions. i hope some more sponsers and golf fans feel the same way

18. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I was glad to see Phill win he played well and hist a few amazing shots. Would have loved to see Kenny Peery in the hunt. Perry is a gentelman I caddy for a Dr friend at the BMW (pro/am) held in chicago and our pro one year was Perry. What a nice he should be a shooter! Tiger, VJ, not so much>

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Tiger will be back because he should be, thats just the way it is ... Phil Mickelson deserved to win but he ain't no Tiger Woods, but a great Golfer in his own right ... Heads up Tiger would hand Phil Mickelson his hat more times than not ... The Masters is not the place to make mistakes and Tiger made many ... Jim Morris compared the Grand American to the Masters in the book, "Homegrounds" when in reality there just is not anything even close to the Masters in Atlanta ... Tiger Woods is the Greatest Golfer of all time bar none, he is also human and is prone to making a few mistakes in life unlike Trapshooters obviously ... I hope for his sake and the sake of Golf Tiger gets and keeps his act together and keeps it there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tiger is not in the same league as Phil(or Fred Couples,and many others)when it comes to Class. It was great watching Phil win again.

On hole 13, Tiger hit a poor tee shot and went off with a nice JC. Turn the mic off when around Tiger. It would be great for all of us,young and old, to not have to listen to Tiger swear because he missed one.

PHIL is a Class Act!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.