1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Michigan TA Recovery Fund

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Clay Target SSE, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clay Target SSE

Clay Target SSE Active Member

The Shooting Grounds of the Michigan Trapshooters Association at Mason is one of the finest in this country. Due to the storm on Sunday during the Great Lakes Grand I am sure there will be a tremendous financial burden to bring the grounds back to the condition of past years.

MTA has always been one of my favorites as a shooter and as a vendor.

I want to start something here and I hope other shooters and vendors will join in to help with the rebuilding of the MTA.

I will be at the MTA as a vendor during the upcoming State Shoot (June 28 - July 3) I will donate 50% of my gross sale on Thursday June 30, 2011 for the purpose of rebuilding the grounds.

I was there during the storm and the attached photo is my trailer after it was picked up, rotated about 90 degrees moved some 15 feet closer to the trapline and set back down in an upright position. My wife, Paula, and I were in the trailer at the time. We were not injured in any way but we did lose our tent. Many lost much more than we did.

I can not thank Rick, Harvey and Jess enough for all the help they gave us getting my trailer pulled out of the mud.

I hope other shooters and vendors will join me in an effort to help our friends in Michigan.

Jim Poublon

[​IMG]

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Jim, I will join in with your donation drive. I am not a vendor but I shoot most of their shoots and rent a camping space there. Donations can be sent to or info can be found at the following.

Michigan Trapshooting Association 1534 W. Service Rd. Mason, MI 48854 Office: 517-676-2295 Fax: 517-676-5807 info@michigantrap.org

My check is on it's way.

Regards, Bill

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Are there any work days/work parties scheduled ??

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Jim that is a great idea. My check will go out tomorrow, I would have spend money on Mon. anyway. Let's do what we can to promote this. I think you should tag your check as "Recovery Fund"

Don

5. claybuster1187

claybuster1187 Member

Think I will give them a call and see if they need help with the cleanup (Sure they do) And if they could use some equipment.

Mark & Jason

6. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

Things are tight right now with the wife in the hospital, but I will come up with some money for fellow trap shooters. Let me know who to make that check out to and where to send it.

Bruce D and B Metalfinishing

7. Clay Target SSE

Clay Target SSE Active Member

Michigan Trapshooting Association

1534 W. Service Rd.

Mason, MI 48854

Office: 517-676-2295 Fax: 517-676-5807 info@michigantrap.org

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Pat, your check is on it's way. Thank you, Bob

9. claybuster1187

claybuster1187 Member

Just got back from Mason,Rick said that they have a crew coming in to take care of the trees next week on Monday and after that he can see what he needs. Looks like he has it under control as always. Thanks Rick

Mark&Jason

10. TheKid25

TheKid25 TS Member

Is there a way I can donate my winnings from the Great Lakes Grand back to the club? I was one of the lucky ones on the West End of the grounds.

11. Bob Hawkes

Thank you Pat for the collector's premier editions. :)

12. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

Mailed a check June 01, 2011. In a letter, I asked MTA to keep in touch through e-mail or TS.com about a work day.

13. J D

J D TS Member

ttt

14. Bob Hawkes

Pat, You should have wacked Boomer a little harder for your out of print highly collectible autographed premier editions that he stole from you. :)

15. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Heard they had some power back on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.