1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Michigan State Update

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Woods, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Any reports from Michigan State.

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. cls

cls Member

I was there yesterday Joe, first time my trap gun had been out of the case in two years. I was saddened by the lack of shooters, compared to years past the place looked like a ghost town. I heard some say that attendance was down somewhere between 30 and 40 percent (guesses probably). It sure was a beautiful day in Mason though. I hope today and tomorrow bring in a lot more shooters. Regards, Chuck

3. alf174

alf174 Member

Chuck, I heard I missed you by one day.

Congrats to AJ Brenner for completing his Grand Slam today with a 100x100 from the 27.

congrats to Roger Cunningham for finally getting his 200x200 today after so many 199s.

4. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Results are mostly posted. Attendance was down, at least early in the week, and there were very few vendors. I suppose the July 4th holiday had something to do with it too. I would expect that gas, hotel, and shell prices are going to keep attendance down at a lot of shoots this year. I was there all week, but as of Saturday morning, shooter registration numbers had gotten above 1,000.

That said, I had a good time and look forward to Great Lakes next May. Thanks to Jack Gibbs and the rest of the Mason crew for putting on a great shoot, as usual. Congratulations to Jack on his promotion today from MTA Director to Managing Director, Mason Practice Traps. All kidding aside, good job, Jack.

5. cls

cls Member

I was looking for you Jeff, sorry I missed you. It was great to be back! Although my score more resembled a poor Handicap score rather than a Singles score. But I guess that could be expected when you don't shoot for two years. Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.