1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Michigan Spring Team Shoot Food

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JOND, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOND

JOND TS Member

New food vendor at Mason,MI. serves good food and plenty of it! They seem very willing to listen to suggestions. Hopefully they will expand the selections. Very warm and windy day for shooting trap. JOND

2. digger1dog

digger1dog Member

Jon,

I agree the food is head and shoulders above the last year's vendor, the down side is I ate enough so I won't eat for a week....

Fred J

3. Erik W

Erik W Member

Tom's food is really good and I know he aims to please.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

They served me a sausage my wife would envy.....

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Sorry but a lot of people are being turned off by 1.lack of selection (I don't need a 20# sandwich for lunch at a cost of 8.50), I did eat one though and it was not hot. 2. Breadfast, tepid, shot glass of coffee for a $1. again over priced if you just want toast and coffee.

Look around nobody is eating. If he is going to make it he needs to get on another page, this isn't a lumberjack camp, some shooter(many) are trying to lose pounds not put them on. Campers are going into town for breakfast.

I truly wish him success for we need a good food vender.

Don

6. mobear

mobear Member

I agree with Don on this!

Dan

7. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Food I had was good, tasty and hot. Today (Sunday) cool and rain in the AM, they kept running out of coffee, they need to add another pot.
    Better than last year, I'm sure it will improve.

8. JOND

JOND TS Member

As I said in my opening comment,I hope they expand the menu. Should add salads,soup or chili,fruit,ice cream,etc. I would like to see others politely let the vendor know their wishes. JOND

9. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Absolutely right, Jon.

Reasonable prices wouldn't hurt, either.

10. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

RickN, if you kept your cup additional cups were free after you paid your dollar.

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

A can of soda made available might be a good seller. Eggs and ham were OK.

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

They dropped down to 16 oz cups at $2.00 for pop today! I brought a sharp knife for the $8.00 philly cheese sandwich. worked out a lot better that way.

Stuff tastes great,but, I told them they need to supply cans....

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The food was good, but like Big Don said, I don't need huge sandwiches. I'm sure others will argue that. It was a bummer that they ran out of coffee early. Probably didn't expect the crowd.

As for me, I'm there to shoot, not eat. Hopefully they learned something and can refine it for the next shoot.

14. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Didn't expect a crowd? What are they going to do if it ever gets really busy? The food vendor not having a price listed anywhere really visible is interesting too. I walked completely around their booth looking for a menu, price list, anything. COuldn't find one except for the painted sign on the top of the grilling area with one price for a sandwich. Agree with the lack of selection too. Need to offer some other items for those of us watchng our girlish figures. Used to eat there all the time. Showed up early for a nice breakfast and usually had a burger or dog, fries and a drink mid-day. Not since Don's Windmill left though. This new guy needs to be given a chance as JOND says to listen to customer concerns and see how he reacts. The sausage sandwiches were plenty big enough to share so the $8.50 is kind of mis-leading if you and your shoot buddy split one.

JK

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Goldex: You are just having a bad day. You don't think much of the attendance and you don't like the way you were classified. The food vendor is lacking. Is there anything else you would like to get off your chest about the ATA and MTA.

Do you think the weather might have a little to do with the lower attendance, how about the economy, you mention in your other post that it affected you, just maybe it has affected others.

Smile you are above ground and breathing.

Don

16. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Wondered how long it would take for you to chime in Donny boy. Address the classification question I asked in that thread, not here. I actually had a pretty good day Sunday which was the only day I was able to shoot due to other kids sports obligations. Shot 97 in the singles which for me is something get VERY excited about. Watched my son break his first ATA registered target. Hopefully the first of many. The weather was likely a factor in the turn out but the shoots at MTA have been showing a steady gradual decline for several years. Pick your reason du jour. Unemployment, weather, whatever. The fact is that it is happening. This thread was about the food and I guess I should have kept it about just that so I have edited my earlier post to just address that issue. Why don't you do the same.

JK

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

If you watched your son shoot then that was a GREAT day.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.