1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Michigan Fall Team Results ? Where are they?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by txpick, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txpick

txpick TS Member

Does anyone know where I can get the results of the Michigan MTA Fall team shoot? The web site is not updated. Does anyone know if it will be updated with results? I'm just curious where my team placed. Thanks for any info. txpick Chris Pickering

2. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

This?

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I don't think they have completed the event html document at this time. everything else appears to be updated.... Heck, even the Cardinal Center got a week to post it.... ;-)

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I just checked and the winning team scores are posted.

Don

5. BigM-Perazzi

Great job posting in a timely manner!!! All shoots should be so quick!!!

6. trapat

trapat TS Member

Thanks to the MTA for getting the results of The Fall Team shoot out so fast. When the attendance numbers are available I'd like to see them. The shoot seemed to be well attended. Also I have a question regarding the results for event #1. Four of us broke 100 straights and only two of us are listed as winners. One shooter that does'nt appear is a class "A" vet and the other is a class "B" shooter. The vet trophy was taken by another shooter with a 100 but the A and B trophys were taken with lower scores, why? Thanks in advance, Pat Christopher

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Pat I believe it is the new category rule kicking in.

Don

8. txpick

txpick TS Member

Thank you to whoever updated the web site. It is much appreciated. See ya at the spring team in 2010! Thank you, Chris Pickering

9. trapat

trapat TS Member

Don, That could be true in the case of the "A" class shooter that is a vet but I do'nt remember noting that the "B" class shooter was was also a catagory shooter. In the future it may be a good idea for shooters that choose to shoot in a catagory rather than a class to be listed that way. It would eliminate questions like the one I asked. Thanks, Pat

10. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Please help me out here as I'm a little confused and don't want anything that I didn't deserve.If there were four (4) hundreds broke shouldn't one of the other hundreds have gotten the runner-up trophy and I'm guessing that because there were no hundreds in AA,I should have gotten the AA trophy?I understand KB taking the vet trophy as it probably gained him more All-American points if he didn't win the carry-over for Champion.But it appears that one of the hundreds should have gotten runner-up.I was called to a shoot-off for Fridays event and was asked if I had ran the hundred that day (Sunday).I hadn't and was then told that I would then be required to shoot-off for runner-up or AA Champion.Victor didn't show,probably already left so I was given the runner-up trophy.I just dont want anything that isn't mine.I also fail to understand what it mattered if I ran the hundred that day as the carry-over is supposed to go by sub event,not total score.Mistakes are made,sometimes it just happens.But right is right and this doesn't seem right. Hugo Rinke

11. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

Hugo: Check your PM.

Cliff

12. trapat

trapat TS Member

Hugo, my intent is not to knock anyone out of the box but rather to try to understsnd how (why) trophys were awarded the way they were. There were four 100s in event #1; one was a "AA" vet who took the vet trophy. I am a class "A" shooter and won the championship. There was a class"A" vet and a class "B" shooter that got nothing and I do'nt know why. Maybe someone from the shoot could shed some light on this. Pat Christopher

13. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Pat ...I plan to call JD Faltin and see if he can shed some light on this subject for us.I agree that it would seem that if the B shooter wasnt a Vet he should have been given the runner-up trophy.I'll post what I find ought as soon as I do as I would like to get this cleared up.I think this new rule is a goofy one and isn't really very fair.It just seems that if there were four hundreds broke the Champ and the Runner-up should go to those that ran the hundred.I should have been given,or so I would presume,the AA trophy as I went the longest in carry-over and 99 was high in that class,(with the exception of Victor who failed to appear for the shoot-off).Even that was messed up as I was asked when I signed in for the shoot-off if I had ran the hundred that day.If I had I was told I wouldn't have needed to shoot-off.Makes me wonder if they arent any longer going by sub event scores?As soon as I get an answer to all this I'll as I said keep ya posted.Congrats on the fine shooting Friday by the way. Hugo

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Hey Two Dogs, Remember our Team Championship score? 495 wasn't it? And with only two AA shooters.

15. trapat

trapat TS Member

Hugo, thanks for following this: I'll be interested in what you learn. Keep me posted. Pat Christopher

16. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Pat...I Got a email back from Dave Price and he gave me the phone number to call to talk to the person that handled the awarding of he trophys.I'll call him tomorrow (or today I guess I should say as its after midnight).I guess Dave wanted me to hear first hand how this all went down,it should be interesting.I'll try to get back on here as soon as I can with the info.Hopefully we're getting closer to what happened.

17. trapat

trapat TS Member

Hugo, I'm anxious to hear why trophys were awarded the way they were. Bigdon may be correct in that it may be a result of the recent rule change regarding class and catagory. If that is the case it is a perfect example of why the rule change is so ridiculous. Keep me posted., Thanks , Pat

18. J D

J D TS Member

Hugo Call me again, the number I wrote down has been disconnected.
    I will try to explain what happened.

JD

19. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Pat..Just talked to Bob Deputat and from what he told me there was only three hundreds broke.Yours, Kirk Burls, and I think he said Roger Cunningham.Kirks carry-over score beat out Rogers and with the new rule they are only eligible for the Vet trophy.I think its a stupid rule,but thats what happened.Hope it changes before I become a Vet!!..So now you know the rest of the story.

J.D....No need for the call...Bob answered my questions..Thanks

20. BigM-Perazzi

There, simplicity in its self.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.