1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Michigan Central Zone Cancellation?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoldEx, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I just received some bad new in the mail yesterday from the Durand Sportsmens Association. They have announced the cancellation of all remaining shoots on the 2012 schedule. I sincerely wish Mike and Nancy the best as I have always enjoyed their (Durand's) registered shoots regardless of who was at the helm of the trap program. One of these cancelled shoots was to be the 2012 Michigan Central Zone Shoot. Anyone have any info as to who may be picking this important shoot date up?

JK

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

That's disheartening news!

3. HKJ

HKJ Member

When I lived in Michigan (a couple years ago) this was one of the best run club ATA shoots going.

Nancy and crew always ran it top notch!

Hope the news is not true!

Kent

4. digger1dog

digger1dog Member

It is true, I was at the club yesterday when Mike posted the news. I want to personaly thank Nancy and Mike for all of thier efforts during thier rein as this is always a thankless job.

I hope that they rethink this decision, personaly I have agreed to help with the efforts to put on a shoot to releave some of the labor but I am committed to many things this summer to take on all of this responsibility.

Again thanks Mike & Nancy for all of your efforts.

Fred Jackson

5. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

TTT.

Sooo... there's no Central Zone Shoot in Michigan this year?

JK

6. digger1dog

digger1dog Member

Michigan shooters,

There is a meeting later this week with a group of shooters that want to keep the dates active at Durand as well as keeping the Central Zone Shoot, I will be able to post more on this by Saturday afternoon.

Fred Jackson

7. BigM-Perazzi

Thanks Fred!

8. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

You da man Fred!

Please keep us posted!

Jeff

9. digger1dog

digger1dog Member

Jim, Jeff

This topic is not dead as of yet, There are a group of us that WILL make this go for a few more years, it is unfortunate the way this has played out but it is up to a few of us to try to salvage it.

Fred Jackson

10. nes

nes TS Member

I think it is awesome that someone wants to run the shoots. I will back that effort. I just simply wanted to take a break from them. I have done it for 10 or so years. There is and was no ill will in my choice to stop. I love the Durand Sportsmen's Association and always will. Any one thinking or speaking otherwise is misinformed.

11. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Having held the position of trap chair at my club for a few years, I know first hand that it can be a thankless job at times. Needing a break from time to time also goes without saying. Glad to hear that the show will go on over at Durand. LIke I stated earlier, I have never has a bad shooting experience at that club regardless of who was running the program. It has always been a fun place to shoot with well set targets. Looking forward to getting out there a couple times this summer with my son.

JK

12. digger1dog

digger1dog Member

The wheels are in motion, there will be continueing talks to keep the Board of Directors, ATA and MTA abrest of the details. I will keep this forum updated.

Fred Jackson

13. BigM-Perazzi

remember Fred,

it's:

TS.com

ATA

MTA

lol

14. digger1dog

digger1dog Member

Jim,

Please forgive me..I will try harder in the future.

FJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.