1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Michigan Board of Directors Response

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cat, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cat

cat TS Member

First off let me explain what has happen about the Indiana and Michigan State shoot situation. The 2009 calendar year has changed and so when that happened the PA State Shoot has pushed back a week and then Ohio, there has also ALWAYS a week in between Ohio and the Start of the Michigan shoot. For us to have all three shoots back to back to back I think that many of you are forgetting that there are some working trap shooters that need to go back to work for a week or so in able for them to attend there own State Shoot. As many of you know Pa, Ohio, Michigan and Indiana shooters may attend 2 to even all of these shoots in the past if they have the means to do as such.
    Indiana must not have known about the calander year and therfore they did not push back, and I'm not saying that is the fault of ANY OF US. This just happens. We have lots of trouble finding trap help in Michigan also, but that's just the way it is.
    The Michigan Board of Directors will be meeting on November 8th at Mason to discuss this issue and I've talk to the President of Indiana and we all hope that something can be worked out. If everyone will look in the past we have not changed our dates that we always shoot a week after Ohio and we are in no way trying to cause any pain, however it pains me and the rest of the Michigan Board that our shooters seem to blame us. Hey guys and girls if you think that you can make everyone happy then by all means STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND RUN FOR THE BORAD OF DIRECTORS, there are three openings in July.
    I don't think that any of you realize what we all give up to be on this board. We give up our time, our work time if we still work and family time, but for me I have to say that I thought it was all worth it if we can make the Michigan shooters and even the surounding States Happy to attend our shoots. Please let's not bash the board because of a shooting conflict come on think about it is it always Michigan's fault. Things sometimes just happens doesn't it.
    I'd like to also take a second to thank all of my friends who have e-mailed and called me about there concern for our State Shoot. Thanks guys.
    Cat

2. pa pete

pa pete Member

Well said, thank you. "Pete" McDonough. MTA (nonres.) Life Member.

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Hate to correct you Cat but we used to shoot the last week of June and IN was the following week. Yes three in a row, OH, MI and IN. Then MI moved back one week forcing IN to move a week if they didn't want to go head to head with MI and yes there are still hard feelings about that. I don't know how PA got tossed in there but for years we just worried about MI, OH and IN.

Nobody is trying to blame anybody just repair the problem. A simple phone call the 1st of August when you were comtemplating the change could have avoided all this.

I always love the response if you don't like what we are doing then run for the BOD. I guess shooters aren't supposed to have any opinions unless they sit on the BOD. I always supposed that the BOD of any group was to listen to their members.

Thanks for meeting 11/8.

Don

4. cat

cat TS Member

Don

I certainly do listen to the shooters. I'm going on what I know and what I know is that there has always been a week inbetween Ohio and us. Everyone loves to blame a Board when sometimes it's not our fault like I said I honestly believe there is a communication problem all the wa around, not just by us. PA got into the mix because PA has always been right before Ohio and then again a week off and then Michigan this happens only once in seven years. And like I said before Price has always done the dates as long as I've been on the board.
    You should love the BOD response because again one of the main reason are for people who constantly blame the board is sometimes to much, and I have always listened to all of the shooters no matter what. If we don't have shooters we don't have a club.

Cat

5. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

nothing to add -- I am just tagging this thread so I can re-visit it easier in the future...

6. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Cat

I can't get through to you by email.

With the short season we have here in the north, it’s hard not to have some kind of conflict somewhere as the calendar changes year to year. Keep doing what’s best for the MTA. I’m confident the Board will make a good decision at the 11-08 meeting.

Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help.

Regards,

Tom Stewart

7. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

Cat, Thanks for throwing more light on the subject and explaining what caused the conflict. Looks like the 2009 calendar is what threw the monkey wrench into the works. The Pa. State Shoot has traditionaly ended on Fathers' Day with the following week taken by the Ohio Assn. then an empty week followed by Michigan, with Indiana taking the week following that one. With Fathers' Day falling so late in June 2009, and with the states involved wanting to continue what had become a workable schedule, things got pushed so far into July that conflicting dates started to show up at the other end of the time period leading up to the Grand in August. This conflict Will only occur just every once in a while and when it does, someone will have to step up and do what needs to be done. In this case it looks like Michigan can solve a lot of problems by changing their date to the week between Ohio and Indiana. Maybe the next time this situation occurs, someone else can step up and do what needs to be done. Big Don, I would be honored as well as happy to nominate you for a spot on the Michigan Board of Directors at next year's nomination meeting. I think it is time for you to step up. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Tom I appreciate your confidence. BUT I have been stepping up and giving to this group or that all my adult life and I have promised my sweet wife this year no more. Does that mean I don't express my opinions, I can do that and take a I don't give a crap attitude like most.

The silent ones just speak with their feet.

Life's to short and there are to many places to shoot.

Don

9. chuckles

chuckles Member

So Don...what's your point.

Why the attitude...

regards

10. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

Big Don, I too thought I detected somewhat of a defensive attitude in your reply. I'm sorry if I came across to you as being critical of you as that was not my intention. I've heard you express your opinions many times, not only on this forum, but at various MTA meetings, and also when shooters were hanging around just shooting the breeze. It seems to me that the best way to get your ideas into play is from being on the inside working to bring about improverment rather than being on the outside just taking shots. As I said before, I would be pleased as well as honored to place your name in nomination. Break 'em all! Your friend, Tom Ruble

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.