1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Michigan ATA Coach Clinic, May 20-21

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MTA Tom, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

The Michigan Trapshooting Association will host the second ATA/NRA Trap Coach Clinic May 20-21, just prior to the Great Lakes Grand American. The first clinic last week at San Antonio was a great success (photos at http://www.shootata.com/news_images/Clinic_Photos/index.html).

Further information is on the ATA site above.

Tom Stewart, President

Michigan Trapshooting Association

[​IMG]

2. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Who coaches the coaches?

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I took the course in San Antonio and recommend it without reservation. I have real hopes for this program since it is as applicable to adults as kids, and we need adult coaches just as much as we need them for young people.

We get 6000 new members every year and in two years 4000 of them are gone. When a league shooter decides to move to ATA he get sold the worst gun at the club which has circulated for years, is "coached" by people with neither credentials nor even averages, and after breaking in the 80's for a year or two they go fishing instead and I can't blame them.

As this coaching program matures there will be more and more qualified people to help shooters make the league-to-ATA transition and we should be able to keep way more of them, since they will be getting the straight scoop right from the get-go.

Neil

4. BabyB

BabyB TS Member

The Coaching Clinics are taught by the NRA National Coach Development Staff which are individuals who are hand picked by the NRA to present the clinics. This is a wonderful program and I would recommend it anyone who would has interest in helping build our sport.

5. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

I took the class in Tennessee in 2005, the all "Ladies" class. Mine was 3 days long. It is a great class and I'd recommend it to all who want to coach the shotgun sports. You won't regret taking it.

Leslie York, SCTP Coach

6. BabyB

BabyB TS Member

This a great clinic and the instructor is top notch

7. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

I took this clinic in February in Indiana that was hosted by Saly Tefler. Mr. Greevy taught this class with Jim Eyester and one other fellow, the name escapes me. Excellant clas. wonderful club that hosted it and good food. Our club is going to host this class in the fall of this year if anyone is interested. Rick Gibbs.

8. 700X-user

700X-user Member

I have e-mailed Tom Stewart several times in the last 4 days inquiring about this clinic. I have not received a response yet. Anybody know what's going on?

Ed

9. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Ed

I haven't received any email from you. Try stewart.tom@acd.net or tstewart@michigantrap.org. In the meantime, I'll send you the info at your posted email.

10. JOND

JOND TS Member

I think her name is "Sally Telfer" Very nice lady,I hear she and her husband are coming back to Michigan. Our gain! JOND

11. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Thanks Tom for the info. I clicked on the link from the ATA website for your e-mail. Something must be screwed up on there.

Thanks, Ed

12. 3357

3357 Member

Would it be possible to sign up at the spring team shoot this week end or do you have to enroll via e-mail? jess

13. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Ed

If you send an email to sign up, I'll send a reply to confirm. If you don't get the confirmation, please alert me here.

jess

I can sign you up at the Spring Team Shoot.

14. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

15. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

16. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.