1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Michelle's Million $$$$$ vacation

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bucko43, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I certainly hope I'm not the only person that takes offense to the fact that Mrs. OBAMMY and daughter are spending $780,000.00 of tax payer maoney for (4) nights at the Ritz Carlton in Spain!

30 rooms for her and her entourage at $6500 per room per night...

This is A GREAT WAY for the new Pres. and wife to show they care about cutting costs!

2. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

How about adding the cost to get there plus salaries for the entourage?

Jim C

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Yea. they used air force one plane and secret service. Wonder what tha cost?

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Obama Family has been snubbing the American people since he got elected to office, that won't change until they are all gone ... They never had vacations so good in their lifetime ... Now they have all of the perks and are loving it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Bucko, I'd like to see where you came up with that figure and how you know how many rooms she has reserved. Not stirring it up just want to make sure the facts are right. smsnyder, it's only Airforce1 when the president is on board and secret service agents are assigned to all of the Presidents family. Past and present. Right now there is a secret service detachment with Bush 1&2, Billy, Jimmy, and all past presidents so that can't really be thrown into the mix. We also need to see if shes doing any dignitary work while shes there. Most first ladies don't visit another country without doing some. If the figures pan out its a gross miscarriage of common sense, but I'm sure that the figures aren't correct. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

6. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

It doesn't matter how much of the tax payers money they waste because in a few years our money will be worthless anyway.

7. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

"The first lady is traveling with a small number of friends, who arrived on their own. While Mrs. Obama pays for her personal expenses, taxpayers pick up the costs of three shifts of Secret Service details and other security and support staffers, plus most costs associated with her Air Force plane."
    According to an article fro The Daily Flotus written by Lynn Sweet. I didn't want to print the whole article but they were also invited to stay with the King snd Queen of Spain while they are there. We need to have all the facts before we react. I'm not defending nor scolding. Just trying to get the truth, wich is harder than ever even in the internet age. Everything contradicts itself. You'll pull your hair out trying to to find solid facts. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

As a nation we are like a family with credit card debt they can never climb out of. Bankruptcy is the only way out. Not sure what a nation's money is worth after they go belly up but we are going to find out aren't we.

9. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

highflyer I have to agree with that. I don't understand why for the last 20 or so years we couldn't just suspend foreign aid and focus on us. Seems simple enough. What the hell do I know. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Chuck

"The first lady is traveling with a small number of friends, who arrived on their own."

I don't know about you but a small number of friends to me isn't 40 it would be more like 4 for me. I have provided a link to the information you seek. I used a tiny URL as I don't believe the original would fit in the window.

When you are reading the information make sure to follow the links provided(those are the ones in blue)in the text you should be able to find out that they booked a small block of rooms(60-70 one third of the 180 rooms in that Hotel)oh well you get the idea. Now you enjoy your reading and hopefully you will understand why everyone is saying the things that are saying. I am being a smart A** and I apologize but I couldn't resist....LOL

In the Messiah's state of the union address he spent some time on cutting spending. Well this should be proof positive that he is talking about for everyone else not him or his.

Bob Lawless

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bob,

You sure you got 4 friends ..? Sorry, couldn't help myself ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

What troubles me most is, her husband was elected by mostly morons, but most of those idiots don't pay enough taxes (or not at all) to support the expenses this incapable CEO is wasting.

13. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Chuck,
    I am repeating what I saw on the NBC nightly news last night and ABC world news last night. They both reported that there were 30 rooms reserved for her and her entourage and that they cost $6500 per room per night for (4) nights. They said that the Obamas were paying for their own room ($6500 X 4) whic would be $26K. The remainder of the rooms were for secret service, etc. and that, my man, is on us tax payers to pay for.

In my calculator, that comes up to $26K plus $754K which equals $780K.

Bucko

14. ivanhoe

Billy, Billy, Billy, I wouldn't take four people with me on vacation They say you never know anyone until you live with them.

Vacation is closer than I want to get to anyone that could turn out to be like you. BTW Billy it might surprise you to if you knew how many friends I do have. You just wait in a few minutes one will be along to give all of his good thought for the day. He has been following me around all day with his peanut gallery comments he is really quite entertaining. You have a good day now Billy I know that you are giddy after your last comment.

Bob Lawless

15. ivanhoe

Bucko43

"They both reported that there were 30 rooms reserved for her and her entourage and that they cost $6500 per room per night for (4) nights."

If you go to the link above and click on the story.

"Michelle Obama is modern-day Marie Antoinette on glitzy Spanish vacation"

It say $2500 a day but for 60-70 rooms so who know what is right all I know is I agree with you it is to much no matter how you slice it.

Bob Lawless

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bob,

Just couldn't help myself, not like you to leave the door ajar like that ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. AlanM

AlanM Member

If they are really interested in the U S Economy, then why not vacation here in the good OLD USA, say like in the Gulf Coast.

Shoot well
    Alan

18. ivanhoe

Bill don't let it bother you I say what ever I want to say when I want and I don't do much apologizing. I don't think it is necessary unless you are being mean spirted just to be a pr**k.

I am a big boy I can take it. I would much rather trade jabs with you then with those that throw my lack of targets in my face. Especially when they have no clue why I am not shooting ATA and they don't even bother to ask or care.

I usually don't call people names unles they have earned it or prove that they lie through there teeth.

Any way no harm done just remember when you least expect it I will pay you back.

Bob Lawless

19. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

What do you expect---They have no class and trying to act like some with class.
    You find those kind all the time---They are stuck on themselves--(Egotist)I think that fits---Did you ever take a look at them--Not a humble bone in their body---Just my thoughts---sjb---

20. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

I am pleased to know that while most of us work our weary bones day after day the Obama's are lounging in lavish style. Fine by me, I never asked this great country for anything more than what it could offer me and what I could make of my own from that and I damn sure never took advantage of it. I only had to survive one war however, if any branch of the service would take me at my age I would go. I was always told "work first play later" so enjoy your vacation Obama family your work awaits your return.

J.F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.