1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Michelle Obama’s warning to gun owners

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Jerbear, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Nearly three years into President Obama’s first term in office, Michelle Obama finally said something with which I can agree.

At a recent fundraiser for President Obama’s re-election campaign in Providence, Rhode Island, the first lady told her audience:

“We stand at a fundamental crossroads for our country. You’re here because you know that in just 13 months, we’re going to make a choice that will impact our lives for decades to come … let’s not forget what it meant when my husband appointed those two brilliant Supreme Court justices … let’s not forget the impact that their decisions will have on our lives for decades to come.”

This was music to the ears of the small, affluent crowd of admirers who cheered and applauded. But to gun owners, Michelle Obama’s remarks should sound like a warning bell, alerting us to the danger ahead should Barack Obama win re-election and get the opportunity to alter the current make-up of the Supreme Court.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/11/michelle-obamas-warning-to-gun-owners/#ixzz1aZGc5wm9

Jerbear

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

If those two "women" are "brilliant", this country is in deep do-do. However, we had early warning of this since Obama was the best person we could find in all of America to elect as president.

Think of the last three Dem president - the peanut farmer who ruined the economy, the lying (I never had sex with that woman) "pants on the ground" guy who was impeached, and the present one who is beyond description. Yet, there are a solid 45%+ who would vote for the present jimoke AGAIN! What the hell is wrong with this country?

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

"What the hell is wrong with this country?"

We are educated past our intelligence!!

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Damn we need to get him out of there in 2012, he's doing everything he can do to tear this country apart

If he gets back in and the Dems get the house and senate, gun owners will be screwed

For the life of me I can not see how anybody would vote for him, but I know some people who I used to think had a brain that have and say they will again

I've quit talking to them and a couple are relatives, frigging idiots

5. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

If he gets re-elected it will be because conservatives split their votes between what some will call a RINO candidate and a third party candidate. This split will give Obama a second term on a platter. He will then appoint at least one supreme court justice and yes, we will truly be screwed...

6. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

I dread reading and hearing "principled" conservatives who say they will not vote for a candidate who is not conservative enough for their liking. I too want the most conservative candidate, but I will not risk changing a 5-4 court to a 4-5 court just because my guy didn't get nominated. Too many important cases will be heard in the next few years.
    Whether or not you love George 43, you have to admit that he set the anti-gun crowd back decades.
    dju

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

OK, OK, but which of us is going to explain this obvious reality to Brian of Oregon?

-Gary

8. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Gary: Many people like Brian are a "single issue" voter. Then when a candidate is nominated who does not hold the same enthusiasm toward gun issues as we'll say Ted Nugent does; they either will not vote or vote for a 3rd party candidate. If this happens again that worthless piece of Muslim trash will be elected for a second term. Yes 2nd amendment rights is an important issue. However, many other things need to be considered. Obama will "rule" this country using executive orders, the EPA and the Supreme Court if he can nominate 1 or 2 more justices. (And that could happen). I voted for that RINO McCain last time and will vote for that RINO Romney this time if he gets the nomination. With the candidates running right now, I would like to see Gingrich or Cain win. However realistically it will probably be Romney.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Apparently Cain is gaining, leading one of the latest polls.

The only thing that is touchy is his tax proposal, if enacted it has to be unchangeable or the burden would be increased routinely by succeeding generations of so called leadership.

HM

10. plabels466

plabels466 Member

She is a dismal first lady.....Ranks at the very bottom of all the first ladies, along side her husband & he ranks with the lowest of the lows.....How can this great country put up with a man trying to destroy the good old USA ........Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.