1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Michelle Obama's Thesis

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by omgb, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Below is information about Michelle Obama's Princeton Thesis. Generally an election should be about abilities and not race or creed, but Michelle's beliefs put a different light on that logic. As a possible future 1st Lady her core beliefs should be fair game for open discussion.

According to Snopes.com <http://snopes.com/> , Princeton was requested to put a 'restriction' on distribution of any copies of the thesis of Michelle Obama (a/k/a/ Michelle laVaughn Robinson) saying it could not be made available until November 5, 2008 but when it was published on a political website they decided they would lift the restriction.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/thesis.asp
    Subj: Thesis - Michele Obama aka Michelle LaVaughn Robinson
    OBAMA'S MILITANT RACISM REVEALED

In her senior thesis at Princeton , Michele Obama, the wife of Barack Obama stated that America was a nation founded on 'crime and hatred'.

Moreover, she stated that whites in America were 'ineradicably racist'. The 1985 thesis, titled 'Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community' was written under her maiden name, Michelle LaVaughn Robinson.

Michelle Obama stated in her thesis that to 'Whites at Princeton , it often seems as if, to them, she will always be Black first...' However, it was reported by a fellow black classmate, 'If those 'Whites at Princeton ' really saw Michelle as one who always would 'be Black first,' it seems that she gave them that impression'.

Most alarming is Michele Obama's use of the terms 'separationist' and 'integrationist' when describing the views of black people.
    Mrs. Obama clearly identifies herself with a 'separationist' view of race.
    'By actually working with the Black lower class or within their communities as a result of their ideologies, a separationist may better understand the desperation of their situation and feel more hopeless about a resolution as opposed to an integrationist who is ignorant to their plight.'
    Obama writes that the path she chose by attending Princeton would likely lead to her 'further integration and/or assimilation into a white cultural and social structure that will only allow me to remain on the periphery of society; never becoming a full participant.'

Michele Obama clearly has a chip on her shoulder.
    Not only does she see separate black and white societies in America , but she elevates black over white in her world.

Here is another passage that is uncomfortable and ominous in meaning:
    'There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the black community, I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the black community first and foremost.'

What is Michelle Obama planning to do with her future resources if she's first lady that will elevate black over white in America ?
    The following passage appears to be a call to arms for affirmative action policies that could be the hallmark of an Obama administration.
    'Predominately white universities like Princeton are socially and academically designed to cater to the needs of the white students comprising the bulk of their enrollments.'

The conclusion of her thesis is alarming.
    Michelle Obama's poll of black alumni concludes that other black students at Princeton do not share her obsession with blackness. But rather than celebrate, she is horrified that black alumni identify with our common American culture more than they value the color of their skin. 'I hoped that these findings would help me conclude that despite the high degree of identification with whites as a result of the educational and occupational path that black Princeton alumni follow, the alumni would still maintain a certain level of identification with the black community. However, these findings do not support this possibility.'
    Is it no wonder that most black alumni ignored her racist questionnaire?
    Only 89 students responded out of 400 who were asked for input.
    Michelle Obama does not look into a crowd of Obama supporters and see Americans. She sees black people and white people eternally conflicted with one another.
    The thesis provides a trove of Mrs. Obama's thoughts and world view seen through a race-based prism. This is a very divisive view for a potential first lady that would do untold damage to race relations in this country in a Barack Obama administration.

Michelle Obama's intellectually refined racism should give all Americans pause for deep concern.

Now maybe she's changed, but she sure sounds like someone with an axe to grind with America . Will the press let Michelle get a free pass over her obviously racist comment about American whites? I am sure that it will.
    PS: We paid for her scholarship

=

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Did Cindy write a thesis on that?

From Wikipedia:

"Prescription drug addiction
    In 1989, Cindy McCain became addicted to Percocet and Vicodin, opioid painkillers,[34] which she initially took to alleviate pain following two spinal surgeries for ruptured discs,[35][36] and to ease emotional stress during the Keating Five affair.[34] The addiction progressed to where she was taking upwards of twenty pills a day,[11] and she resorted to having an AVMT physician write illegal prescriptions.[37] In 1992, her parents staged an intervention to force her to get help;[18] she told her husband about her problem, attended a drug treatment facility, began outpatient sessions, and ended her three years of addiction.[34] Surgery in 1993 resolved her back pain.[34][36]

In January 1993, an AVMT employee, who had discovered her illegal drug use, was terminated on budgetary grounds.[38] Subsequently, he tipped off the Drug Enforcement Administration,[38] and a federal investigation ensued resulting in McCain paying the costs of the government's investigation, and enrolling in a diversion program.[37][10][38] In a move that critics described as a preemptive strike,[10][34] Cindy McCain publicly revealed her past addiction: "Although my conduct did not result in compromising any missions of AVMT, my actions were wrong, and I regret them."[10"

OF COURSE ON THE PLUS SIDE:

"In 1988, inspired by a vacation visit four years earlier to substandard medical facilities on Truk Lagoon,[15][11] Cindy McCain founded the American Voluntary Medical Team (AVMT).[2] It was a non-profit organization that organized trips for doctors, nurses, and other medical personnel to provide MASH-like emergency medical care to disaster-struck or war-torn third-world areas such as Micronesia, Vietnam (before relations were normalized between them and the U.S.[15]), Kuwait (arriving five days after the conclusion of the Gulf War[15]), Iraq, Nicaragua, India, Bangladesh and El Salvador.[10][29][30][31][32] She led 55 of these missions over the next seven years,[14] with each being of at least two weeks' duration.[32] AVMT also supplied treatment to poor sick children around the world.[33] In 1993, Cindy McCain and the AVMT were honored with an award from Food for the Hungry.[10]

Adoption
    While at Mother Teresa's orphanage in Dhaka, Bangladesh, in 1991 — as part of AVMT's assistance team following the 1991 Bangladesh cyclone[30] — she met two infant girls she decided needed to be brought to the United States for medical treatment.[20] She decided to adopt one of the girls (her husband readily agreeing), later named Bridget[10] (who became the McCains' fourth child together), and helped coordinate the adoption of the other little girl, named Mickey, for Wes Gullett, a family friend.[10]"

So DA, what have you done in your spare time?

3. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I wonder if McCain can remember how many homes he owns today? Is that a difficult question to ask a person running for president? I wonder why it is he's sidestepped it lately? Surely he knows how many homes he owns and where they are if not--------he'd better start writing down what his wife gives him for his birthday and where it's at. That's my two cents worth. Come on Highflyer tell me how many homes he owns and if you would tell me why he wouldn't answer the question. Us liberal left wing tree hugging whale saving long haired sandal wearing granola bar eating public wants to know. Hurry up I gotta train to catch to go wrap myself around a tree in the artic that pristene wilderness the rebuplicans want to hand over to their rich oil well owning buddies to better our cause and fatten their wallets. What I want to know is where do I put my name in to get a lease in the Alaskan wilderness or at least a chance on a lease? Anyone know where that happens???? Energy meetings with Cheney and Ken Lay? Anyone got an idea? Dan

4. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Doesn`t really matter to me how many homes he has if they were obtained legally. How about you? You would chose a president based on the number of homes he owns?

Honestly a stupid question and something more for liberals to whine about...you know the same ones that nominated Kerry. The same Kerry that sold home`s all over Europe right before the election to keep from being asked about them. Can you say hypocrite?

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Hey, Obama bought his brother a house, why can't the McCains buy their kids houses.

Obama's brother in Kenya standing in front of his house.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The pristine wilderness is shown in another thread here. Go look at it. I suppose the Sahara Desert is a pristine wilderness too.

I don't know about granola, but the Kool-Aid is surely having its effect.

HM

7. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

McCain said he didn't know the correct number because his wife makes real estate investments all the time and he is not current on what they own at the moment. If you are going to run McCain down, get it right and use the full quote. If not, sit down. When you add Michelle Obama's thesis to her "not proud of America statement and the fact that BO sat under that idiot racist pastor for 20 years one should begin to see a pattern and it is not a good one.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Well, it looks like the Ironworkers/Pipefitters/Lollipop Guild "talking points flyer" finally arrived at Dahaub's house today...

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

He Dehaub, ask Nobama how many step brothers he has and IF HE is helping them. He "helps" with other people's money, MINE.

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bigdog,

Dahaub is the site's resident union hack from Illinois - Obama country - ie, a little tooth in one of the cogs of the Daley "machine".

We got him set up here as our Op-Ed contributor (Singh, after a couple bowls of fermented curry rice, agreed to give it his best shot).

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

You may have a little trouble getting an oil lease from Ken Lay since he's been dead for 2 years. I did hear that Ken is planning on voting dumocrat in the next election however.

12. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

Michelle is one nasty woman. What I fear is the Democrat phrase "redistribution of wealth" What is this a call to arms during the Russian revolution?

13. JOND

JOND TS Member

If memory serves me,John McCain was homeless for about five years. I think he did live in government housing during that time! JOND

14. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

He wasn't homeless, he lived in a Hilton.

15. JOND

JOND TS Member

Nice addition JBrooks. JOND

16. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The thought of this America hating "Witch from Hell" being first lady is enough to make me PUKE!!!!!!

17. perga1

perga1 Active Member

The Liberal left will say that was 30+ years ago, forget it. Except, in 2008 she said, the United States is a downright mean country. That's proper opinion for a First Lady isn't it? NOT!!! JRM

18. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

We are all to blame for the continual racial polarity within our society by our
    silent endorsement of strictly black platforms such as 'black voices' on AOL,
    Black Entrepreneur magazine, a black nurses association, a black PBA society,
    etc., etc. There are no overtly white venues of this nature that I am aware of and if there were, I would denounce them.

We will NEVER be truly 'emancipated' as a country or society until we are willing to express our outrage at this practice and think of ourselves only as Americans, dispite our ancestry. DDRN51 (currently using Chichay's log-in)

19. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I think Chichay has a valid point.

20. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

The NRA gives all politicians a grade and before you vote this fall I think everyone should look at how they have been graded ,go to the poles and vote!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.