1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Michelle Obama thesis was on racial divide

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Michelle Obama's thesis comes out.

2. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

The thesis was written 23 years ago by a young women idealistic female coming from a liberal eastern University. I'm not suprised she felt that way, are you? I'm sure back in 1985 they didn't have a plethora of minorities walking the campus at Princeton.

I'm white and highly educated and I would probably felt out of place at Princeton. I wouldn't read to much into a young black highly educated female who married and bore children to a man how is half white!! He just happens to be running for President.

Rick Brohmer

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Rick,

The woman turned into a black liberation theology follower and married a Marxist whose hasn't provided the public with enough information on his background to get an entry level security clearance in any federal government job, yet thinks we should elect him President.

BTW, until he was nominted she was "never proud of America" even though she managed to get an Ivy League education.

4. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Rico...

Please tell me your defense of that douche bag was a joke.....

Jim C

5. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

JBrooks, I'm not sure what you read from my writings? I wouldn't vote for Barack Obama if he was the only candidate running, but that's not what this thread is about.

Let me educate on a few things so you won't sound so foolish. Most African-American churches preach liberation theology. The basis of the theology is obvious..slavery! "Liberation theology maintains that African Americans must be liberated from multiple forms of bondage — social, political, economic and religious." I think most of us over 40 years can understand the roots of the theology going back to the late 60's and early 70's. I still remember dogs being turned on black people during the marches in Selma and Birmingham.

Being white I can't say I lived that experience. I haven't had the experience of walking down a street and have a car full of people yelling the N word at me or calling me a primate!! Since most black people live in the lower 1/3 of he economic-strata in America, it's easy to understand why the theology takes root in their churches.

Michelle Obama grew up in a lower middle class family. Her experiences are likely differ from many blacks growing up in the ghetto but it's still not like growing up in a white neighborhood. I'm sure her personal experiences are differ from your's and mine.

Your comment on Obama being a Marxist is intersting! I'm sure that he would agree that "capitalism exploits the workers and or the masses" ( but so do modern day unions). Obama would also "support Alienation" ( meaning that the final product of the workers are exapropriated by the employers ). The surplus is sold as to make money and get rich! Obama would also be class conscious ( not in color ) but to those who have and those who have not. Obama grew up poor so he would understand class structure from his experiences.
    Ideology, hmmmm..the ruling class (wealthy or rich people) have the means to control production and wealth in this country ( sounds like our Congress). I guess if we use classical terms in Marxism there would be many American, including Barack Obama who might be considered Marxists???

As far as Michelle Obama saying "Never Proud of America" that quote was taken out of context. Even conservative TV hosts likes Bill O'Reilly admit that!

My personal feelings toward Michelle Obama are different. No doubt she is a highly educated black female but I also think she is angry because she can't connect with mainstream blacks. She probably has a hard time understanding "real black experience" in America. She doesn't fit into mainstream white society, so she is some where lost in the middle trying to justify her identity.

Rick Brohmer

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

If Obama gets elected, I am ready to go back to the 60's

7. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Cubancigar2000 you need to understand this is a different world we live in today, it very possible tha Obama will become President. You can thank Bush for that happening, but in the end we will all suffer, because of the destruction of our ecomony! It's to bad that McCain couldn't really offer any new Ideas, his record of voting with Bush over 90% of the time is killing him in the eyes of the voters! I know many retired shooters that have lost 20 to 30% of their retirement! That spells a lot of little trap clubs going out of business and a estimated 25% reduction in the shooting sports. Good luck selling McCain to the unemployed guy that lost his job or the trapshooter that doesn't have any extra money!

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ive lost a few bucks myself. But Ill vote for McCain over a commie every day . Dave Bishop

9. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Shooter Glasses - you need to understand that obama and his wife are very liberal/radical and if elected your gun rights are up for grabs. You also need to understand that this clown and his wife are friendly with some very very un-American types. perhaps your shooter glasses need a tune-up

10. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

NO country in the world has done more or given more to the black community yet they still point fingers at the white man. America has given in every way possible and the time will come when it stops. Every man will be equal when every man does equal in regards to work,family and religion. The black community has no one to blame but themselves. If anything this country has done way too much and now the black community expects every hand out plus more. The time is coming sooner rather than later to stop all free rides and that is for every person,regardless of color looking for handouts. Just take time to read Bill Cosby's writings on the subject as he hits a grand slam.

11. bocephus

bocephus Member

gary, shooterglasses is just a tool the liberals sent over from DU to stir the pot.

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

She's still an America hating vindictive bitch, as she wrings a respectful salary out of higher education (Thanks to her husband earmarking a little bundle for her employer).

Jane Fonda loves them both.

Nuff said.

HM

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I read her whole thesis.

At first, it was very difficult for me to get past all of the punctuation/spelling/writing violations without stopping to think "Princeton actually allows this type of thesis writing from their students?!" It makes me wonder how many other ivy league universities are graduating people that do not know how to write a proper paper. I am fairly certain that writing basics are covered as a requisite in EVERY college major.

I am not saying this because I dislike Michelle Obama, because I don't know much about her. I am just frustrated with our educational system, especially because I have a daughter who is currently looking at her college options.

One thing that I found truly interesting in her thesis was the premise on which Stokely Carmichael (and Charles Hamilton) founded his definition of separatism. On a larger scale, this principle can and should be broadened to include the United States as a whole. Instead, we allow and enable cultural/language divisions to flourish and grow. Many of us see that the "Press 1 for English" mentality is causing our country to die a slow death (in addition to our current-day financial crisis, etc.).

I would find it very interesting to see how both Michelle and Barack Obama prioritize the social groups as they are defined in her thesis. Which one, on an international scale, would have the highest priority? Would it be the United States? Would it be the Middle Class, to which he frequently refers in his speeches?

Could it be their own immediate family? Her study certainly supports this. It could be argued that the Obamas individually are self-ingratiating in nature. They are caught in the middle of a cultural war within themselves: Barack because of his heritage, and Michelle because of her education. Does either feel a certain amount of guilt (toward the black community) for their success, or do they have a bit of an identity problem? Are they "looking for love" and not able to see the perils that their decisions might cause our society as a whole in the long run?

Her thesis puts forth the hypothesis that a person will most likely be interested in benefitting those social groups with which s/he has spent most of his/her time and are most familiar. What does that say about her husband and his lifetime association with Muslims, I wonder?

She also comes to the conclusion that the more that a black person is immersed in the black society, the more they tend to be separatist/pluralistic. Her statisics also indicate that college-educated blacks tend to become more separatist/pluralistic during and after their education than they were pre-college (at least at Princeton, anyway). I have noticed that almost all of their friends and advisors are black. The racial percentage-mix of their associates seems to not reflect that of society in general. That is fine, and expected, for the general populace, but I have a question as to what type of effect this propensity, as shown by a PRESIDENT who represents us all, will have on the citizens of this country.

14. nipper

nipper TS Member

why wake up, just realize obama is going to be president of the USA and rest easy. at least you wont lose any more money.

Bill

15. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Rick,

How many black churches have you attended?

As for Princeton, I hired a Princeton Law grad as a Corporate General Counsel to complete an SEC securities filing. Yes he was black and yes he was an affirmative action free ride "scholar", clerked for a Federal District Judge, etc, etc.. The dumbest SOB I ever hired in 30+ years of hiring people.

16. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

JBrooks, I spent sometime in Tenn while in the military and I attended a few black churches. That was around the mid 70's. I understood their frustrations as a people. Hell, their were still blacks being shot and roped in the deep south. There was even a road sign outside of Cullman, Alabama threatening blacks after dark. Brooks, try to understand this, I'm not defending Michelle Obama's thesis my point was to understand where she was coming from!

Now, I suspect that like everyone else including YOU still harness some racial biases, discriminatory biases even if they are slight. You may have black friends and or employees that does not make you any less of a rascist. We all have racial & discrimnatory tendencies black, white, brown, yellow etc. It's simply because we are human. Do you think the Obama's are any different?

The reality is Barack Obama is likely to win this election because we Republicans and especially we conservatives failed to elect the correct Republican candidate. John McCain has been one of the most influential senators in the United States. He is a true American hero! John McCain is also 70 plus years old and it shows with his inability to fight back against Obama. Obama has been nothing but concillatory and even complimentative to McCain at times. Obama has an 11 point lead give 4 or 5 points. He doesn't have to do anything but continue his B.S.rhetoric and is likely to win and could win big!

Will I continue to support McCain..yes! Will I vote for McCain on election day? I've already voted. I just hope my one vote really counts and the pollsters are all wrong.

Rick Brohmer

P.S. JBrooks, you should have known better in hiring an Ivy League Lawyer. The Kennedy's and others have shown their quality as attorneys. Looks like you got fooled for allowing yourself to hire the school and not the man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.