1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Bloomberg

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by tomc66, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomc66

tomc66 Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2012/12/18/michael-bloomberg-on-need-to-control-guns/1777889/

Please read the artical in USA Today by Michael Bloomberg titled: "6 Ways to stop gun madness".

I own numerous guns and agree with most of the points he makes. Please read the artical before you start calling me names.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I'm not needing to read it Tom as I'm sure hes way too far extreme for me and it would just get my blood pressure up....I just cant understand a person of the Jewish faith who may have had relatives who were holocaust victims not understanding what happens to those allowing themselves to be left defenseless...it boggles my mind

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Mayor Bloomingidiot: We need gun bans and magazine bans.

tomc66, do you really agree with that? Or is that just one of the "points" you're overlooking?

4. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

OK Tomc66. I will not call you a name. However if you don't know Bloomberg's agenda your mind is vacant.

5. tomc66

tomc66 Member

Brian: It appears you did not read the artical.

6. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

This guy gives the impression he knows whats best for everyone. New York voters were not smart enough to stick to existing term limits...and thats why he is still Mayor of NYC. Billionaires seem to think they know it all. His 16 ounce soda limit is laughable. That someone who wanted more can't just buy another one is simply foolish. Bloomburg needs to stay out of other peoples states and business. Same for the foul mouth Obama pal Rahm Emanuel in Chicago with the highest murder rate in the nation. Using Obama tactics to shift the interest elsewhere. He needs to clean up his own citys problems. ed nichols

7. tomc66

tomc66 Member

Again, read the whole artical. I don't expect you to agree with his first point but the other 5 points are all about keeping guns away from convicted felons and people with mental illness. How can you be against that?

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Tom,,,,,,how can you DO that without them being incarcerated forever?????

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Three words: "Fast and Furious".

The government has lost ANY credibility they had on gun control after that.

"Third, the president's legislative package should make gun trafficking a felony. Gun rights advocates agree that penalties for illegal use and possession of guns should be stiffened -- and so should penalties on those who are engaged in gun trafficking." Guess that would make Holder and Obama felons...

10. 548

548 Guest

No trapperwads, he is not still Mayor because of the term limit extension, he is still Mayor because the people who live and pay taxes in NYC are satisfied with the job he is doing.

11. skeet_man

12. drgondog

drgondog Member

First key point. New York, Washington DC and Chicago have three of the highest crime rates per 100,000 in the US. So, he is not only wrong about NYC being one of the safest because of 'tough gun laws' but the crime rate by felons with firearms is one of the highest. How did his legislative agenda keep firearms out of the hands of NYC crooks?

Second Key Point. The 1995 Gun Control Act did NOT ban semi auto weapons, and the crime rate for semi-auto weapons after the expiration of the 1995 GCA dropped, along with ALL other firearms related crimes per 100,000 - steadily.

Third Point. The law says you must submit to a NICS check when buying a firearm from a dealer - whether at a gun show or a store or on the street. Many to most gun sales at a gun show are from a dealer. True that some on-line transactions occur between individuals who know that mailing a firearm to another individual across state lines has been illegal since 1968. It is against the law in both NY and CA for individuals to make a private buy/sell without going through a NICS check ga Dealer to record the transfer. NICS works and by FBI statistics nearly one million felons have been stopped from buying a gun (except for Operation Fast and Furious) but the Feds have prosected less that 200 since 1995 for lying on the 4473 (a felony by itself.)

IF a definition of 'mentally sound/unsound' is agreed upon and uniform, and no delays are permitted to issue an 'affirmative' when the records are deemed sound mentally, I might buy into that. Having said that, I would not buy into any restriction that is a.) not agreed upon as change to the Constitution by the necessary 2/3 of the States, and b.) universally applied to all citizens including police, military, politicians and state/federal employees, and c.) has an appeal process via the courts to issue a challenge and acted upon with 30 days of a denied permission to take possession.

Last but not least - I would NEVER approve of any firearm legislation which does not apply equally to ALL citizens including Law Enforcement, Presidential and Congressional and Cabinet Member security teams, Military, Politicians, and the People. No 'Separate' Class of armed personnel.

Last Bloomberg is a f-c-in# idiot that thinks that firearms should never be in an ordinary citizen's hands - once you understand that the rest of his and Feinstein, Clinton, Pelosi, Schumer, Obama, Biden, Reed, lautenburg, Durbin, et, etc Agendas will be clear.

It does not seem clear to you, or you are in complete agreement with his outline.

13. skeet_man

"It is against the law in both NY and CA for individuals to make a private buy/sell without going through a NICS check ga Dealer to record the transfer." Can't speak for CA, but that is not true in NY.

14. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

I am not buying into the 3 years mandatory for carrying a loaded handgun biz,lots of good people FEEL the NEED,but not the expense..

15. RAScott

RAScott Member

Who determines what is acceptable? next it will be. Have you been divorced? New York Desirves Bloomberg. they vote that puke in. He is a parasite on our freedoms.

tomc66 tell me your joking.

Nice Cast.

Bob S

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yes I read the whole article. When he can come up with workable solutions that preserve the civil rights of law-abiding gun owners, let me know. Until then, he's just another knee-jerk reactionary who has no credibility.

17. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

Tomc66, did you really expect these morons to read it? Come on most of these guys can barely read, and the other half will read it but have no comprehension. You're better to piss on electric fence than to get these clowns to understand the article! Good luck!

Rick

18. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Very interesting article,..rantings of a moron grabbing for straws but interesting,...read it while cleaning my .45 auto over a nice 32oz Big Gulp...glug glug glug,..BURRRRRRRRRRRRP! Ahhhhh : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.