1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Michael asked to step down as RNC Chairman

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Really gives a supporting statement for the troops....

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eQycloMct-g&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eQycloMct-g&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Originally Posted by Weekly Standard

Dear Michael,

You are, I know, a patriot. So I ask you to consider, over this July 4 weekend, doing an act of service for the country you love: Resign as chairman of the Republican party.

Your tenure has of course been marked by gaffes and embarrassments, but I for one have never paid much attention to them, and have never thought they would matter much to the success of the causes and principles we share. But now you have said, about the war in Afghanistan, speaking as RNC chairman at an RNC event, "Keep in mind again, federal candidates, this was a war of Obama's choosing. This was not something that the United States had actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in." And, "if [Obama] is such a student of history, has he not understood that you know that's the one thing you don't do, is engage in a land war in Afghanistan?"

Needless to say, the war in Afghanistan was not "a war of Obama’s choosing." It has been prosecuted by the United States under Presidents Bush and Obama. Republicans have consistently supported the effort. Indeed, as the DNC Communications Director (of all people) has said, your statement "puts [you] at odds with about 100 percent of the Republican Party."

And not on a trivial matter. At a time when Gen. Petraeus has just taken over command, when Republicans in Congress are pushing for a clean war funding resolution, when Republicans around the country are doing their best to rally their fellow citizens behind the mission, your comment is more than an embarrassment. It’s an affront, both to the honor of the Republican party and to the commitment of the soldiers fighting to accomplish the mission they’ve been asked to take on by our elected leaders.

There are, of course, those who think we should pull out of Afghanistan, and they’re certainly entitled to make their case. But one of them shouldn't be the chairman of the Republican party.

Sincerely yours,

William Kristol

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...michael-steele

2. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

......Steele needs to go--we can do better. Obama clearly does not have the desire and the will to do what it takes to win in Afghanistan. That being the case we should pull out immediately -- I do not want to waste one more soldiers life in a war we are not committed to winning....SMOKIT

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I fully agree with ALL of the above.. And.. I must say.. the war broke Russia..we should have learned from that..

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Steele should not be asked to resign over this (and all his earlier gaffes). We need to DEMAND THAT HE RESIGN, or failing that, be fired and let a real
    Republican become RNC chairman.

Jim R

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Steele is the GOP version of Obama... tokenism in action.

There are plenty of intelligent black conservatives. Why did they pick this boob?

6. Rimfirejim

Rimfirejim TS Member

Oh NO ,Please keep Him .BTW is he related to PALADIM?

7. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

I am not convinced he was born in the US Where is his birth certificate? Has he ever showed it to the press? Has it been investigated. Why not?

He can't raise money.

He can't fight the Tea party successfully.

He does not represent moneyed republican interests.

He fails to support the troops.

He permits what little fund raising money available to be spent in strip clubs.

He could not stop the Obama socialized medicine scam.

He could not stop the Obama socialized supreme court nominations.

He could not stop the Obama socialized redistribution of wealth.

He could not stop the Obama bank and Wall Street programs.

He could not stop the Obama socalized recovery program.

He could not stop the Obama United Nations resolution re Iran and N. Korea.

He could not stop Obama's socialized government with all the attendant evils and dealing with the devil!

Surely the GOP can find a better token Chair.

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Since Michael became Chairman, I have bent over backwards to give him the benefit of the doubt but this is too much. Partisanship has its limits and the distortion of history goes well beyond them.

Haley Barber went on to become a leading Governor. Perhaps Michjael can find a new career but the GOP needs leadership it can be proud of and get behind.

I thank Micheal for his service and wish him well in whatever new endeavor he chooses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.