1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MICH. STATE ALL THE WAY

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by BIGDON, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If you like college basketball then you got to love the run the Michigan State Spartans are making. Tune in Monday night to see another upset by the Spartans. Big Ten all the way.

Don

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Nope,,,,a'int gonna happen,,,,not this year....

3. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

0   0   0

Did Michigan State play N.C in the pre season or regular season? Birdtracker

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Played them December 4, 2008,,,,Tarheels won 98-63,,,,

"That's potentially the best team we've played against over the years," MSU head coach Tom Izzo said. "They beat us and beat us good."

Home court will help them,,,,but the Carolina mystique still wins out,,,,hopefully a good game....

5. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

0   0   0

"MSU was blown out 98-63 at Ford Field earlier this season by North Carolina....But, this is a much improved MSU team they will be facing Monday night.... They will face the MSU team that has found a way to prove all the experts wrong. They will face one of the most underrated big men in the country, Goran Suton, who missed the regular season match-up due to injury. More importantly, they will face a team that is carrying the hope of an entire state on its shoulders. The Spartans may not be able to match the talent of North Carolina, but the Tar Heels will not be able to match the heart of Michigan State."

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

There are only 2 seasons, the Big 10 and everything else. If you are refering to there other meeting yes MSU lost but why don't you check their roster at that time and how many days in arow they played. I do believe Louisville was a #1 and I believe Uconn was a #1 in the tournament and ranked #1 in the country.

MSU a bright spot in an otherwise dreary state, snow frocast for Monday.

Don

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

BigBlue says "GO SPARTAN'S" (thank God it's not OhowIhateOhioState...lol)

IMHO Izzo is one of the great underappreciated college coaches..

If there is a way to stop NC, Izzo will find it...

8. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

0   0   0

Tarheels by at least 14.

9. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I just would like to say I am a humble ABC fan (anybody but Carolina).. I like their coach, their kids, their style of play and would prefer they lose. Now I feel better after saying something nice about Carolina and still adding my proper 2 cents worth. Wait 'til John Calipari gets U of KY rolling again. Go MSU.

Charlie Becknell

10. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

0   0   0

Charlie, I got to agree with you and UK. They are going to be a force to reckon with. JW

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Well, since my Hawkeyes didn't make the tournament..............again.

I have to root for Michigan State to win.

When North Carolina beat them earlier in the year, Michigan State was missing a key player or two and had just played 4 games on the road in 7 days. Or something like that according to the paper yesterday.

Hauxfan!

12. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Unfortunately like the talking heads and my buddy Bob Munson keeps saying this NC team maybe the best college BBall team ever. So we shall see what will happen tonight as the excitement of the chase and the heart of the competitor and who chokes and who doesn't are the factors that enter in and make theory sometimes different than reality---that is why they make'em play'em.

13. Robb

Robb Member

0   0   0

You have to love the way MS defends and rebounds. The coach of my Dayton Flyers is from the Izzo tree and the Flyers use the same scheme as MS. Should be a great game and I like the Spartans chances. UNC is very good but the MS team is a different team than played UNC before.

14. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Phil, they didn't look like the best team ever the other night against Vandy. I would have to say whichever team plays their own style of ball will win. It looked like U Con gave up on their big man and M state didn't really have an answer for him either. M state plays good defense too.

15. Robb

Robb Member

0   0   0

Where is Izzo headed? Word around Dayton is when Izzo leaves MS Gregory leaves Dayton for MS.

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Gosh did U of M have a basketball team this year? I heard the football team was going to scrimmage the freshmen at Pioneer High School in order to have positive results this spring.

Why pray tell should IZZO leave MSU?? You obviously don't know much about the man. Maybe he should call Rodriquez and find out how to screw over your old school and have a zero season at his new job.

DT that is what the trouble with some pathic Michigan fans. They can't even root for another in state school or fellow conference member when they are out of it.

Don

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

DA: Sorry you are showing your ignorance again. Yes MSU lost. No they didn't choke. Auto industry dragging the country into recession - noway. Only 2 recieved help and the 3rd is moving forward. I bought Ford stock 4 months ago and I am up 72% as of yesterday, so who is WRONG. I don't know your cause for your vitral, must be MSU told you that you needed to graduate High School before applying. Izzo needs no defense as his record speaks loudly for itself.

Detroit reminds me of you, a pain in the butt that you can't get rid of. Thanks for taking time out of your self gratification to post.

Don

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I think you better check the past records of winners and losers, you can read can't you?? You sure as hell can't talk or type intelligently. Of course that may be your southern education, which would insult most southerners.

Thanks for the entertainment as that is all you are.

Don

19. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

0   0   0

Did Michigan really even show up?

But they did make me some money...so I can't bad mouth them too badly.

Curt

20. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I believe Carolina is good but I don't believe they could have handled Lew Alcindor and his teams.. Lucian Allen was as quick as Lawson and no one on UNC would be able to handle Jabbar. Bill Walton's UCLA team could hang with UNC and I don't believe T. Hansbrough could handle Big Bill. Magic Johnson and MSU would give UNC a hard way to go. Bobby Knight's 1976 undefeated team would be difficult to beat. Roy plays a similar style to Dean and Bobby just killed Dean Smith's teams. KY 1996 team was quick and could play with anyone, and they had depth.
    All great teams, but to crown UNC the greatest of all time, I don't think so.

No Like UNC,

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.