1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA's deleted thread

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grnberetcj, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Occlude the offending eye!

Curt

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Jack,

Does shooting into the corn fields make the corn grow better up there?

Some nice lookin' stalks there...

Kevin

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Sorry Jack...didn't realize you had those other items too.

Good luck.

Curt

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jack- I clearly see your handicap problem-- you forgot to put your socks on. You can't keep your head on the stock without wearing socks.

Pat Ireland

5. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

This is for MIA , you can have the floaters and the cataracts removed and it will do wonders for your shooting. Bob

6. whopper1

whopper1 Member

Looks like you need to square-up a little on your upper torso. Look the recoil pad is, especially in the last photo.

7. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Hello MIA.

I'm in the same boat as you. What has helped me, keep with the basics. Head on gun hard and solid, pull the gun into the shoulder with the right hand and control the gun with the trigger hand (I'm right handed). Tell myself before calling for the target, wait to "see" where the target is going, get hard focus on target, then go get it!!!

Gun hold?

Ties in with the pre-shot self-talk, but basicly is just this simple. Hold the gun wherever is needed to allow the target to get above the barrel as the hard focus is taking place. If targets are going high, hold higher, ect, ect. For me, it's all in the "seeing" the bird (where and how quickly my eyes are working). Kiner is the best resource I've found in helping with this issue, but even with all his experience and knowledge one will still need to do some experimenting on ourselves.

I agree with the post-er who suggested getting a video of ourself and reviewing the tape, it can be an eye-opener.

Good luck,

Matt Nicol

8. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Jack,

Have you considered taking up GOLF ???

--------------------------------@

PULL------------------------------------@

9. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

In the photos you can see that as you swing to the target you are pulling your shoulder back as you swing. You have a forward lean sort of but it's not holding your shoulder in place. The gun then is slipping out of the pocket towards the outside. You end up with the gun looking one way and your master eye looking another and your head out of place.

You might try squaring up a little more and not allowing the gun to push your shoulder back. Or whatever it takes to keep you in the gun, with your gun in the pocket, and your shoulder not moving back as you swing. If you decide to proceed with this change in order to get it implanted in your brain you will need to concentrate mostly on that, your scores will suffer for awhile but once you have it you will shoot where you should be, certainly not in the 80's

10. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Jack, my friend, how can I help you...let me count the ways!!!

Now take this constructively or I'll delete my post...

First...ditch the hat or at least turn it around. Just look at the pictures...you can't possibly see through that visor and it's probably one of the reasons you're picking your head up off the comb as the bird rises. Get some polorized shooting glasses and a set of blinders if the sun's out.

Second...what's wrong with your right shoulder/arm? Raise your elbow so your arm is parallel to the ground. Push the stock into your face and keep it there. STAY WITH THE GUN...you are not going to get away with "sneaking a peak".

Third...slap a Flourescent Green front site on that Peroni...don't ask me why...it helps with the cross dominance thing.

Forth...get some eye drops...helps reduce the strain and clears up your vision.
    ps: take a couple aspirins and lay off the coffee a couple hours before you shoot.

Fifth...don't shoot in the rain, cold, wind or early morning, early evening or on very bright days.

Sixth...on hard lefts and hard rights fake a sneeze and don't shoot...add a few choice cusses and blow your nose if your squad starts getting suspicious.

Seventh...you can always get away with a fail to fire or three if the sneeze trick get's old.

Eigth...If you show up with a different gun every time you shoot, you can always blame the gun...oh you do that already?

Ninth...Consider sending that TM1 my way.

Last, Best & Final...nothing wrong with an 86 average, but remember, you can't BUY a target or two. It's not the WAND, Jack...IT's the MAGICIAN.

11. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Well hell what did you post for if you're beyond help? It's not exactly thrilling to look at your pictures.

I will give you a excellent quote which I'm sure will go completely thru your head without stopping but I think it applies.

In beginner's mind we have many possibilities, but in expert mind there is not much possibility. Shunryu Suzuki

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Have you tried a Uni-Dot?

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

BiO. Yes. but struggled to the point it was not fun to shoot any longer. BTW, That was a highly entertaining coyote hunt you put up the other day. Well done for sure

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.