1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Jack has been saving his paper fed hulls for me to buy and I just want to say that if you ever have a doubt about buying anything from him, cancel that doubt and buy whatever it is. When he sends me hulls they are absolutely fresh and have never hit the ground and also never been crushed in a bag. Absolutely perfect in fact they look like unfired hulls instead of once fired. He even folds up the boxes and includes them. I couldn't be happier ( again) as this is the second batch. Thx a lot my friend and I do appreciate the patch also.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The waft of 1400 papers as I walked past them in my garage was too much. Had to get rid of them. These patches are $10. I have a few left.
    mia_2008_0303818.jpg
    Next year, I want you guys to buy Fed Papers when they go on rebate as I did. You will pay $75 to $80 a flat and get $20 back. Then sell the hulls for a nickel and freight and your final cost is in the mid $40s for a flat of Fed papers. I leave the shell boxes intact and cut out the UPC off the flat corrugated. The only problme with this program is that yo need to have numerous addresses to work with if you buy20 flats... I have a few. NOt enough

3. shrek

shrek Active Member

Glad to see this thread is not about MIA getting attacked by his cat again :)

I am thinking I may have to get a few flats of papers for a couple special shoots I go to each year for kicks and giggles.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Shrek. Interestingly, I bought 10 flats of 2-3/4 DR 7.5s to use for ATA handicap. I chose those over 3 dram simply because I wanted to minimize recoil. that worked. But I had a couple of flats of 3 drammers left over from a prior year and decided to shoot those yesterday for the last handicap of the season. For those that have been paying attention, I recently switched guns to a TMX with a Wilkinson .740//035 bbl. Adn I could not sense any difference in felt recoil from the lighter loads I had been shooting in my last gun, the now "Edie MX3".

And too, as I read Dick Bennett's Trapshooting book "Trapshooting is a game of opposites" (may have the title wrong, I'll look that up) he attests in the book that 3 dram loads added 2 or 3 birds on average to his annual scores. Thanks Harv, still reading it.

How about them apples...

5. shrek

shrek Active Member

It seems like there are some factory 2 3/4 dr loads that are snappier than some 3 dr factory loads.

I don't know why but I wonder if the lighter loads have a much faster burning powder.

I know a few years ago I had a couple flats of winchester super sports, 2 3/4 dram, 1 1/8 oz, the new version with the cheap throw away hulls, and those ornery things really rang my bell after a short while.

the 3 dr 1 1/8th oz loads in the super sport did not seem as snappy.

I do like gold medal factory shells for long distance clay targets.