1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA- What's your Favorite Hdcp Load?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blackfoot, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

You asked for input last year for a good low recoil hdcp load,what did you end up shooting and in what gun?

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

My Browning Unsingle Combo kicks less than any gun I have owned, and for HCP, my preferred load is 1 1/8 oz 7 1/2, 24 gr Unique, GM hull, Fed 209A primer, and CB 3118-12AR wad.

Modest pressure and recoil, crushing breaks with the Angleport 40 point choke, and gets to the target quickly.

3. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Thanks Jack for sharing! I love the smell of PB- that is one powder i haven't considered for working up a hcp load to replace the Clays I'm using now. I need something that will give me an ace pattern from 25-27 but won't send me to a flinch clinic!Might give PB a try if i can find some- I know vendors don't tend to stock it because the crowd went away due to it's price. Best Regards!

4. Jimmy E

Jimmy E TS Member

1 1/8oz. hard 7 1/2. AA hull. WAA12 wad. Rem209P primer. 18gr Clays International powder. Magnificent at making clays vanish! Very easy on the shoulder. More of a hard shove than a sharp kick.
    Jimmy

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

PB all the way 22.8. Put it in a Rem gold or Fed hull.

Don

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

By the way, that smoke ball MIA pictured is from his friend Ithaca$$$Grade's Gold Gilded Bowen Gun. It was and is the only time Jimmy Bowen ever soot balled a target. MIA and Jimmy spent three days and several flats of shells to finally get the picture. It's not that the Bowen won't smoke targets, it's just that neither of thses two could hit a target that hard.

Mark Zauhar, Shooting Sports writer for the Wall Steet Journal

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

My favorite handicap load is a 3 dram Walmart special. LOL. Sometimes I use #8's and sometime I use #7 l/2's it depends on whats in stock. Break-em all. Jeff

8. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Looks more like a Golf course CLUB HOUSE than a trap club. Very NICE. Collared shirts required?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.