1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA? what happened to him?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Jul 11, 2013.

1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Did jack suddenly disappear? His PM is disabled, no postings show up?

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

He explained his name change in a thread awhile ago..

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

OK, Guess I missed that thread

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

He is probably cooking something up for later today ... He has some great recipes ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

He's busy counting his money. Told me he needed a bailer.

:)milt:)

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Bill. I am into soup these days made with vegetable stock. Combating gout the natural way. Low proteins and lots of cabernet.

Lou. A very deserving Vietnam Vet ask that I not tread on MIA territory for fame or fortune. He has yet to thank me for being so understanding and relenting. I gave him utmost respect and did as he wished, but he carries his burden still as he cannot bring himself to say any type of appreciative word. Too bad for him. I am a nice guy that does not put himself above others,

I chose MX2G because it looked similar. And so my banner appears the same.

MIA was an acronym that signaled I had come back to shooting after a 11 year hiatus. If you web search MIA hundreds of MIAs come up reflecting other people and groups.

But lastly, I know I am only as good as my last offering...got a couple of beauty MX2000 in recently. And mine may well be for sale too as I am just a short time from getting my TMX Special with the new Emrick stock.

I have 2 almost new nickel receivers. a MX2000 and a MX10RS.

Jack

8. APrice

APrice Active Member

Would like to see some more recipes Jack. The two I have tried that you posted have been slightly modified but have become staples at my house.

BTW, we call the Calphalon pan you recommended, "the magic pan." It really does a great job on all kinds of meats.

9. JACK

Tell you what, I'll post a couple of soup recipes... I am vegetarian 2 meals a day now and max 4 ounces of meat protein at dinner. Lost 15 lbs without trying. That over about 45 days to 2 months. And actually, my latest "find" is a one pot made by Cuisinart 5.5 qt. cost me $20 at Macy's. Easiest cooking tool I have in the house. A lamb chop, 1/2 of the sirloin off a porterhouse (wife gets the tenderloin) a chicken thigh or perhaps 1 or 2 drumsticks, small dinner portions... Vegetarian tacos at lunch, or the soups. I"ll see if I can scout up the pot. Have eliminated cod and other types of fish that create gout. Adn gout is about 90% under control. I figure another 15 lb loss and I will be able to expand my diet some. Another great meal I put together is a travelling vegetable basket for the 40 minute trip to the club. Couple of carrots, 1/2 a cuc, 2 celery stalks and a stalk with cream cheese just to tease myself. an olive stuffed with garlic, some tame jalapeno slices. Easy to eat going down the road and you still feel like shooting when you get to the club. Every time I have that veg basket, I figure I lose a pound that day. YOu guys can look up the pot. On sale now at $20. Highly recommended

10. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Glad ur back Jack

Barry kemper

11. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

Red Wine is not a contributor to your gout issue?????

12. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

just curious vegaterian and meat eater????

13. JACK

Once said by someone famous... "A bottle a day keeps the doc at bay"

Eh?

14. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Depends on the size of the bottle! Hope its not a Methuzela!Thats a fact Jack! LOL Jeff

15. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Guys,

Some things are worth a little gout pain.

16. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jack,

No matter what your sign on name is it will always translate to MIA in my book.
    Good doing business with you over the last couple of years. Post those recipes.....I could stand to loose an few pounds and still maintain my trap shooting physique!

T-tournament

R-ready

A- athletic

P-physique

Dave

17. Donm

Donm Active Member

Jack why don't you throw some veggies in a basket and come on over to Wi. Tuesday is the grand opening of the new WTA Homegrounds. I have a good bottle of bourbon that I heard was good for anything and everything. Woodford reserve double oaked. Good stuff.

18. JACK

T-Lee. As the saying goes... "I'm taking nourishment". His stress is not good to carry around. His burdens from VN are heavy enough. As I look back on MIA, it seems more that I was adding impetus to the movement.

Started physical therapy yesterday for my gimpy left shoulder and right hand. the shoulder no longer responded to cortisone and I jammed the right wrist and found it difficult to hold the pistol grip and R trigger at the same time. Shot a couple of ground squirrels... 9 lb gun feels like about 12 lbs. Came across a beauty-ous PFS with the MX grip in wood and perfectly replicated to Perazzi looks and feel incl a palmswell. As soon as I hang up on this I am going to put it on my 2G. Too heavy as it is configured, so I will do a new .6 pad in the am. If I get it done, I'll put up a pic just for "drooling rights". that guy with the Galezzi TMX is making most of us feel bad... I wonder what he paid for that trinket. Hope he is shootin it

And to the friend that thought of me for that PFS, a huge "thanks a lot".

Jack

19. nords

nords Member

I agree "A bottle a day keeps the doc at bay" Hope the the fix is in!!

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

And all this time I thought you were in witless..er I mean witness protection Jack ; )) take care of yourself old buddy...by the way...its cherry juice that helps the gout...not fermented grape juice although it does have its own medicinal purposes