1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA...TS.com Cooking Show

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JACK, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

A while back I put up a thread on how easy to use the Calpahlon GRILL Pan was to use. Prompted some to go out and buy it. I use mine at least twice a weeks for salmon, and various chops. But I do a lot of fry pan stuff and beginning on top of the stove and moving to the oven. So, I bought this set of Calphalon FRY Pans in the 12/10 inch sizes. And bought the lids too. this is a file photo I lifted from Williamssonoma.com. I paid them 80 bucks for the pans and 50 for the lids. This is the file photo
    mia_2008_0303224.jpg
    And I am glad I opted for the 12/10 size rather than the 10/8 pair. the first thing I cooked in the 12" pan was BBQ chicken, cooked on top of the stove and finished in the oven. Came out great. Cooking in action here...
    mia_2008_0303225.jpg
    This pic is just before I put BBQ sauce on the chicken and put into the oven. Came out great. 10 minutes browning on top, 20 min with BBQ sauce in the oven. Lid on, or off, makes little difference. I added a decent slug of BBQ sauce and it caramelized on the bottom of the chicken. Slightly burned. Was it yum! Wife loved it too. One of my fave side dishes for an entree like this is mashed potato style YAMS. Peel, quarter, steam 12 minutes, mash with a TB of butter, a little milk, Stir and Serve with a pat of butter on top.

Then tried the 12" fry pan on my venerable SWISS STEAK recipe... Just last nite. Looked like this coming out of the oven.
    mia_2008_0303226.jpg
    As usual, the meal was outstanding.

A couple of keys to all this Calphalon fry pan stuff is that the "unison" coating really does not stick. and Any residues will mostly rinse off in hot water form the tap. But anything left int the pan is easy off with a sponge or my fave, a bottle brush. And I understand about cast iron and how i t retains heat, but these Calphalon fry pans are thick aluminum and retain heat too. They are intuitive to use as well. Our TS.com bud WPT (yak-yak) got a set of these a while back. He'll prob chime in.

Come on back later. I have another "Jack Gracey, the coach" to put up in the light of day. Adn Dr Swanson will be adding a new "Medical Feature" thread that you will not want to miss. That too later this AM.

2. JACK

The recipe below is in jpeg format. It is a scanned photo of a word document. If you want this recipe, right click on the recipe, then choose "save as" and then select a file on your computer you can find. (My Documents as an example or My Pictures). Then go to that jpeg in my documents and print it. It should look like a word document when you print it.

mia_2008_0303230.jpg

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Jack, What's the yellow/orange stuff in the glasses? I thought you were into the reds.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Jack: Need your address and time for dinner.

Whiz

5. JACK

OK. Here is more cooking with the new Unison Calphalon fry pans. Fish on Sunday.

2 flounder fillets for my lunch and a dozen med shrimp for my wife when she comes home form church. Dusted in mostly flour and corn meal, with some "anything will do" spices. (McCormicks All-Purpose)
    mia_2008_0303233.jpg
    Flounder frying in Grapeseed oil
    mia_2008_0303234.jpg

mia_2008_0303235.jpg

mia_2008_0303236.jpg
    They were done in about 5 minutes.

Shrimp cooking. NO mystery here. Same oil, about 3 minutes total. Crisp and tasty with Hoffman cocktail sauce. Made for wife, but I snuck a couple.
    mia_2008_0303237.jpg
    and with wire lid.
    mia_2008_0303238.jpg

So far, the pans are great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.