1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA... Trade Shells in MN or WI

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by JACK, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Ok. I hve this '90's flat of AAs. I iwll trade for any brass based flat tht is 1200 3 dram load. I hav eplenty of Nitros. My preference would be Rem STS 2-3/4 dr greenies, 3 dr greenies, or 3 dr AA brass base 1200.
    I'll be at BGC this weekend to shoot. Plus I have 3 addl boxes of these I will add fir $6 each. NO steel based hulls as I think they wear the receiver to fast. Email or PM. And thanks/ Jack

mia_2008_030394.jpg

2. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Nice hulls to reload.

3. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Great shell Jack..wish I were there. I would take you up on that.

Rick in Mt.

4. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Ric. I do not load them. Back when I was shooting alot (late 80's-early 90's) I bought these bullets by the pallet and sold all th eempties to Gander Mtn. I relaoded throw away TG fo rD's in one ounce recipe. But these are in perfect shape. I chrono'd my last flat of 3 dr and they booked downrange at about 1215. So these hav enot deteriorated. My garages are always dry and cool.

But these are just right for guys that want nice reloads.

I have a trade with a gun trading buddy of mine. For STS.

A side note to whever reads this. I think a lot of the wear yo see on Perazzi receiver faces at the firing pin is caused by steel based hulls. The bezel around the primer is steel and set into steel, it is not as forgivng as a primer set into brass. I reolad only brass. And STS.

Jack

5. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the info on reloading Jack, It makes sense!!

6. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

If the primer bezel is not perfectly flush in a steel based hull it does minute wear to the receiver face as the shell fires. Too, the firing pin is under more pressure too and it begins the oblong process. This situation was less back prior to Federal Top Guns showing up on the Market in the late 80s.

If you shoot a Perazzi, shoot brass and reload brass.

No prob in autos as the bolts are tougher and replacable. Cannot speak for K guns. I imagine Seitz and Alfs can handle them better than Perazzi. CG and F3 arre too new on themarket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.