1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA... Special BT99... For sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by JACK, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

[​IMG]

This is a wonderful Browning case. It is extremely well built using hardwood as a sides adn this case is durable enough to fly and will not sustain dent damge as other cases will. Gun fits to a T in this case. Retail at Abel Ammo they are $250. $190 and I'll split the shipping on the case, UPS ground. I used the velcro closures as I felt the buckles to be cumbesome for every day use.

[​IMG]

Gun in case. Gun is currently set up with a Custom Simms stock and forend. The custom wood is very typical dimensionally as it is about 14-3/8" to 14-1/2 LOP, 1-3/8" drop at comb, and about 1/4" offset. Flawless wood and metal.The nickel is as new, It has a Spears release and no pull parts. Gun as it currently configured is $1500. YOu have a choice of unmolested 34" IM (my personal choice) or as new 34" F from Browning. This gun is an RN model meaning it is two years past the high shooting RR model and will shoot very similar to current BT guns. Pull trigger parts are available from the trigger converters.

[​IMG]

Port view of the gun.

[​IMG]

Star view of the gun
    [​IMG]

A view showing the RH palmswell

[​IMG]

This is the original wood. It has a RAD and it works flawlessly. If you want this wood on the metal, the gun will cost $1100. A great gun for a recoil sensitive person. It has a 4 way adj comb and 3 pads that vary the LOP from 14-3/8 to 14-1/2. All fitted pads.

[​IMG]

Another view of the orig set. It is in very good condition. Wood alone will sell for $600.

[​IMG]

This is the odd man out BT99 BBL. Eithr you chioce on this bbl. The IM of .030 or the Full at .040 $350 These bbls shoot about 70/30 withe stacked beads.

[​IMG]

The FC marking o the monoblock

[​IMG]

The cast off view is not as good as it could be. But it is 1/4". And you can see the top lever. This gun has been shot, but well cared for. The mechanical components of this gun are ready to campaign.

the person that buys the gun will get his/her choice of the extra bbl, the case and the wood they prefer. This gun will be shipped from Doug Braker as I will have him do the assembley of the original stock back onto the gun. If the gun goes as is, it will come from me. I love California sales.

Up for edit a second time

2. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

just a bump to show that edit has happened

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

That is a really nice looking BT and case there Jack. That stock is at the top of the list for BT's i'd say. Was that a custom made for you or an off the shelf Simms?----Matt

4. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Excellent question and I love answering it. I am not a fan of odd stocks. So, what I do wiht Phil is ask hime to make me th ebest standard or common dimension stock he can and keep the price low enough for guys to envision it on their guns. The numbers I mention are STANDARD numbers for a Perazzi offset stock out of the factory. Adn I just adapt those to this BT. The custom stock will fit most guys without any alterations. I gove you odds that the first time you mount this gun you will smile.

I really like the MX15 I bought the other day.Adn am canting it some, but if I take the time to get it right (strate) It is right in the middleof 27 yard targets. I'll figure that out and when I do finally get accustomed to mounting th egun correctly (alignment wise) I will break more singles as well as hcp. I loaded up a couple hundred 1230 FPS Green Dot yesterday and cannot wait to break birds this Wednesday. Maybe even tomorrow.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jack---I see its a Perrazi stock clone. Good idea for most of their MC stocks i have shouldered felt oh so good. I just had Greg Hissem add a comb and Gracoil system w/LOP adjustment on my 15yr old sons BT99. He had a canting problem and a few other mounting issues in which Greg's work fixed nicely.
    Somebody will get a nice BT and stock if they'll take you up on the Simms setup. I had a BT100 that i just got rid of with a release trigger and i miss it pretty bad. I wish i had some extra funds cause this BT would have a new home today.
    Good luck Jack.-----Matt

6. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Yes, I have to work on my canting problem too.

7. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Fixed my canting problem wiht a change to the butt pad adjuster and now am hitting birds on the left. Hmmmm

8. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Jack:
    That is one good looking trap gun. If I hadn't just invested a
    ton in a Silver Seitz, I'd be looking at it.
    John P.

9. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

0   0   0

Jack,
    Do I understand you correctly that the gun is release and doesn't have the parts to be put back to pull?
    P.S. Beautiful gun!! Jim W

10. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Every gun has a story but that chapter is left out. I imagine they are in a drawer. I'll check again withe the guy I bought it from. A very nice guy, BTW

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Which barrel was the original with the receiver Jack?

12. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Gun is sold with FC bbl, IM still avail. Thanks fo rall the interest. I had several TS friends wanting the gun but the timing did not work out. Wish I could clone the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.