1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA... Phil Crenwelge Customer Service

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by JACK, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I did some "horse trading" with Doug Wolk recently and part of that "trades-action" was a near new MX double Release trigger made by Phil Crenwelge. The trigger came in and it appeared to be OK until it was put in a gun and then it showed that it had been tampered wiht by a prior owner. And not a good job I might add. Doug and I had a fair deal so I was not inclined to try and rework a closed deal, so I located Phillip Crenwelge in Lake Geneva WI as he works preparing to go on tour at the end of the month. He said send it and I did and after about a week or 10 days I received this trigger back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Phil removed all the release parts and installed all new and of his new design. The trigger works fantastic and both releawes are the saem set and let go. Wish I had a personal bottom first gun to shoot this trigger. And I have several spares now, and so I will sell this trigger for $895. How much did Phil charge me to put th etrigger in A#1 condition? ZERO. He even paid the shipping back to me. Guys this is a great campaign style trigger. the Perazzi parts are near new, blue is deep and the Crenwelge work and workmanship is first class. email, PM or call 715-441-2384. Weekdays AM, 800-344-4840

2. BufferBob

BufferBob TS Member

0   0   0

Phil has done work for me for close to 20 years. He is honest, reliable and does great work at a very fair price

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Phil can do anything. When I was trying to find someone to convert my Winchester Model 50 to a release; no one to include the "big dogs" in the release trigger business would touch it. Phil said, "send it and I will convert it". He did and it works great. Phil is a truly great gunsmith. Ed

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Phil does good work and is a great businessman! I vend at a few of the shoots that Phil vends at also. Last year at the Grand, Phil was two vending spots down from me. For the first few nights I was there, I was unable to find a hotel room, so I slept in the truck. Most nights around 11:00PM, they would be calling shootoffs and Phil would be outside using his belt sander. The sound of the belt sander helped me dose off easier!

Matt Woodson

5. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Matt. What were you "dose-ing" on?

6. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Jack,

Well, I was just dose-ing! LOL! It wasn't easy to sleep in a Ford Explorer. I had all my gear in there plus a sleeping bag. I laid down the back seat and made myself a bed. Was I ever ready for that hotel room to be available.

Matt

7. Phillip's Gunsmithing

Phillip's Gunsmithing Member

0   0   0

I would like to thank all of you for the kind words. I try to be fair on my prices and try to get the work done fast.

Some times I take in more than I can get done in a reasonable time and I do get behind. I would like to apologize to the people that have had to Wait for there guns. I have no one to blame but my self for getting behind at times.

It is nice to know that people appreciate my work. I enjoy seeing the people at the shoots,it's like a family reunion at the shoots.

Thank all of you for you business and friendship

Phillip Crenwelge

8. perga1

perga1 Active Member

0   0   0

Another thumbs up for Phil and the quality of his work, AAA+. Jim

9. T.B. Sheets

T.B. Sheets TS Member

0   0   0

Excellent Gunsmith, very shady scat player.

10. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I got to jump in on this one.

Phillip does excellent general and custom work and is a true gentleman to do business with. Very fair pricing.

milt

11. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

SCAT? Sheets, you must be from So Wisconsin

12. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

0   0   0

Phil has worked on my guns for many years. He is a skilled gunsmith, a model businessman, a fine gentleman & a good friend. We shooters are fortunate to have him support our hobby!

13. Phillip's Gunsmithing

0   0   0

T.B.Sheets just can not handle being beat at scat.

It's called creative card playing but I think he calls it cheating.hahaha

14. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I have known Phillip for many years, close to 25 I guess, back when he was still working at the Gun Works in Everett, Washington. From the first time I met him we hit it off pretty good and we started giving each other a hard time. Over the years we have pulled a lot of stunts on each other (Phil is a native of Texas so he is pretty gullible).

I count Phil as a good friend. He has done a lot of work for me and we have done our share of horse-trading over the years. I still call Him any time I have a question about any firearm and he has never failed to help me out. I don’t believe I have ever known a fairer guy to do business with and nobody stands behind their work any better than Phil does.

15. dshot

dshot Member

0   0   0

Great work at an excellent price, and a very nice person.

16. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

To Phillip ( since I know that You are following this post ) Hey Phillip, when i sent My 682 receiver to you last year in WI. I suggested that you put PSSA ( Elysburg PA. ) on you list of shoots for 2110 The Keystone open in May is Quite a Large shoot, and the PA State shoot always draws a good crowd and it is directly preceded by the Colonial Classic ( two full weeks )Pylinski was the only Smith there last year, Now there were a few Stock fitters like Greg Hegg and others But none that I am aware of that does what You do, I just checked Your Web site and seen that you do not yet have you schedule post for 2110, do You think that you can include it this year, I had a friend drop off My receiver to you this past Grand and You installed the second release and switched both to Mechanical and put in all new springs, now I have the next two sizes up of locking bolts to yet be installed and i am hoping that i run into You to install them ( One of them - the right one) Also I just Bought a New Home up there 10 miles away from Elysburg so We could probably make a good deal for both of Us if you need a place to stay. Tony Andrewleski

PS I know nothing about SCAT But I just had a New Pool table installed. LOL LOL

17. Phillip's Gunsmithing

0   0   0

I am planing on going to the PA. State shoot.

I am having some trouble with my web site on putting up the new schedule. How to get it up and working soon.

18. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Great news see you there !

19. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Phils mailing address for a short period of time is in Lake Geneva WI. Call him for that.

[​IMG]

20. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

He's fitting
    my bbl as we speak, thanks. Jack!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.