1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA... MX3 reborn...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JACK

When My MX3 project got going, I ended up with an extra gun. Was not ready for resale, but had potentioal. This bbl was in disrepair form a finish standpoint and I opted to have Doug Braker Teflon the bbl. The stock came from another gun and Doug made it adjustable comb. The pad is "fair". But it became my SIL's gun as he was strugging to get my 11-87 to fit and the moment he put this gun up he went from 30 toatl Jackpot birds to 42. He shot the gun again yesterday and did as well, but ran into a couple of bad habits I had to clear out of his system. He loves shooting it. It is not for sale. Likely will never be. Good shooter for sure. #8 choke, crisp trigger, nice serviceable piece for league shooting aand fun targets. Strong enough to campaign, but tha tis his choice an not mine.

3. Guy

Guy Member

How well does Teflon wear? Cost?

4. JACK

Well. It wears like iron and is not dissimilar to bluing. Doug will come on and tell us.

5. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

Doug Braker did the Teflon treatment to my 90-T barrel about a year ago. It costs about the same as bluing, looks about the same as the matte bluing that came with the gun when it was new, and has not shown any wear at all in the past year. I am really careful with my guns, though.

6. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Jack - was anything done to the receiver? Sure is in good shape to have a barrel that had been worn. Gun doesn't look as good as the TM1 you showed us earlier, though. But both are real nice.
    Guy

7. JACK

Flake. EXCELLENT point. You hit the nail on the head. The answer is... Wait now... scroll down... past the gun... now

[​IMG]

I catty-whumbped the two guns

The top single off this receiver is now on my nickel MX3 combo. The bbl off the nickel gun is on this gun. The O/U fell from the sky an landed on the MX3 combo. The nickel recvr had to be nickeled. What I ended up with is two tight guns with some new parts (cocking lever stuff, springs and the like)and real shooters. Good deduction my man. Very good. Go to the head of the class.

8. JACK

And notice how classic this MX stock is. I am going to clone this stock bevore the gun gets out o fmy hands. Original stocks like this are hard to come by. Ihave this one as a model and the TM1 as a model. This is a project I am on.

[​IMG]

I plan on cloning this stock for resale as well as the beauteous TM1 stock and selling those at reasonable prices.

9. flush-em

flush-em Member

Jack, now I know why you let the tmx go!-nice job, what a looker!!-steve

10. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

MIA, where you a pimp before this? Honestly I've seen this kind of talent before. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.