1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA...MX3 O/U bbls...SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by JACK, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

31.5", orig bore and chokes, Seitz ported (my fave)Add SI. Sold to Levy

Jack 800-344-4840 days, cell 715-441-9817.
    mia_2008_0303351.jpg

Single bbl has beensold

O/U sold too.

2. JACK

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

The bbls above provide an optical illusion. The O/U bbl is a 31.5" long bbl.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Nice,clean.. hard to find barrel.. Jack might put the bore and chokes if I ask him nicely...

4. JACK

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

the bore is orig 18.4. The top bbl is .026 and that is orig. I think the bottom is .040. But I'll check that. Yes. those numbers are correct

If you want a quicker bbl, (these are pretty damn quick and that is why they are so popular) I have a back bored version of this bbl that is .010 top and .026 bottom. It is prob 2-1/2 oz lighter.

Mike. I missed ya. No high water coming down my river yet. But will begin to melt about mid week next. Just mid 40s tho. So far so good. The water form the Ohio, Missouri, and Illinois are filling the Mississippi basin and flood notices are up.

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Guys.. let me say this.. if you like shooting 24 gram.. or 1 oz.. it does not get any better than this... For you live bird shooters..with 1 1/8oz.. this is a good as it gets.. Fast responsive barrels.. I have a beautiful MX3 receiver that these would easily be fitted to.. If you buy this barrel.. and my receiver $800..I will fit these barrels for free.. plus shipping at cost..My receiver.. the top is excellent.. the bottom is unfired.. Bluing 95% but turning plumb from age.. A old closet queen.. Any MX drop trigger stock will work.. You'll need a cat4 forend and iron.. All Good.. Mike BTW.. if I had spare $$$$$ right now.. I'd buy the barrel.. All Good.. Mike

6. JACK

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Mike. I loved the Joe Potosky videos he posted of the Worlds in Chile. Those guys can shoot. How far out is/are the birds in the "TRAP" and "DOUBLE TRAP" events?

I'm pretty sure I am out of wood for a MX. But I'll have to look.

The back bored bbls I mentioned likely will fit my shooting style well. I'll be shooting R-top/P-bottom.

Too, those guys know something about "getting into the gun"

I may experiment with that a bit this summer

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

One thing I learned in Kerrville.. and in Italy.. The TOP shooters get into their gun.. That takes a little shorter stock than what most Americans use for singles..

The bunker barrels Tom Wilkinson did for me are choked .028/.038 They get'er donhe.. This barrels is within .002 of my chokes..

8. JACK

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Mike. That's the point. And their cheek bone/eye bone is right at the point of the comb. Really worth noting for those of you that have not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.