1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA... MX3 combo F/S...SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by JACK, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Selling this. Too old to collect and be attached to stuff I do not shoot. MX3 from about '85, I shot it and shot it reasonably well.

The single bbl is 34", orig 18.4 bore, with Briley thin walls. .020, .025, .030. The receiver and Iron blue is good with just a hint of edge wear on one underside of the receiver. Locks up like a swiss watch with lever to right of center. Updates on gun by Doug Braker. $2495 for this 34" single gun with any of the stock configuration you prefer. See the pics below.

As a combo, I add the 31.5" bbls, .732 Back bore and Seitz style ported. Top has .015 and bottom has .026. Bbls are light and quick. Prob in the 1.5 kg range. incl with gun as a combo is the case. Bbls fit recvr well. With the period teardrop style Release, the combo sells for $3995. Add $400 if you want the P4 Allor DR internal selectable. Includes case, tools, kit. Teardrop trigger is an excellent pull.
    mia_2008_0303822.jpg

mia_2008_0303823.jpg

As a O/U gun, the price is $2995.

As you look at the pictures you see the varying stocks. I have a matching forend for all of these butt stocks. All are beaver tail from a later gun.

This is a file photo of the gun with custom stock. It appears to be a "roll-over" but It feels normal. The stock 3/8" cast off and is 14-3/8" as you see it here. palm swell, shorter pistol grip length (by a little) and great feel. This is one of the options. Would work well for a smaller hand shooter.

[​IMG]

This view shows the gun as the O/U and with the stock I liked the best. This stock has 3/8" cast off with the comb at neutral. Really easy for a RH to fit. 14-3/8" and I have 2 fitted pads for this stock.

[​IMG]

This view shows the gun with a recent P stock with an adj Gracoil for LOP. 14-1/2" min with pad as shown. 15" plus if you want it long.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will sell the O/Us separately for $1395

Contact Jack @715-262-8556, cell 715-441-9817, email or PM.

2. SeanGamble

SeanGamble TS Member

0   0   0

Email sent

3. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Sean. Sorry, Your email went to the junk folder. Just found it.

4. wanab27AAA

wanab27AAA TS Member

0   0   0

is this gun been sold and were are you located interested

5. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

gun is available. Have pics now of the otehr trigger

6. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

0   0   0

MIA A couple of questions if I may ?

1) Do all of the numbers match ?
    2) Can you give me the Date code so I can check Manufature date
    3)Can you please send/ Post More pics of the Hinge Surface showing wear or the lack thereof and the tang locked up on both barrels ? to make sure they are the same or not.

Thanks

7. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Ill see what I can do.

8. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

The 34" single, receiver, iron match. the rest of the gun is fitted to those parts. date code is AL. Both bbls have lever lock up to the right of center. The O/Us more so than the single as they have been shot little. I do not know what you mean by "hinge surface"

9. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

0   0   0

MIA Somthing along these lines To see the wear, The hinge surface's

doublesxpert_2008_03032.jpg

10. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

sure. I'll get to that. But I have never seen "wear" on those surfaces. I see some old gall occasionally. But not sure how one would see wear. If you are looking to see if the gun may be "loose", they become loose due to lack of lube at the back of the bbl lug. Each time the lug is inserted into the forearm the metal to metal contact wears the lug and "type 4 key" and the gun begins to seemingly fall open. Taht is the reason for the type 4 key in the first place. When your gun gets loose you send it to Doug Braker and have him take a new key and hone it to fit the bbl lug perfectly and the gun snugs up as new.

NO gall on this gun as I have always used WBG as the lube at the radius and hinge pins.

11. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

0   0   0

^^^^

For a good guy....

12. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

If you ever wanted a MX3 that you could tailor to your own likes this is it.

13. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jack: I've never been concerned about matching serial numbers, particularly in barrels.

Often times I'd get a new Perazzi in where the O/U barrels were sold before I got the deal done with Perazzi. We simply found another set that fit the gun.

Marcello over in Italy always laughs at us here in the States because we are so serial number match conscious. I don't mean to cause a stir here about this combo, but felt that the matter should have some air time. Anyway, Marcello said that over there they could care less, unless it was a serious collector's item. I tend to feel the same way.

I got a new MX14 from Giacomo once and the O/U barrel was sold prior to me taking delivery. He simply got another new set of barrels to fit it and I happily accepted the combo as such. As far as I am concerned it will never affect the price, or only to those who want a deal because of the issue.

You have a nice MX3 there. Pretty wood and knowing you, it's a top notched gun.

Whiz

PS: How far away from the Twin Cities are you? I will be there for a week, and could meet you for lunch or coffee. I leave Wednesday AM from RC. You have my cell? You could call if you are close by.

14. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

If Friday works, we have a Friday group that shoots and you know some of. Ithaca$$$grade, Pride engineer, guys like that.

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

0   0   0

Up for Jack, one of the really good guys!

16. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

17. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

New numbers

18. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

up. lotta choices that you do not normally get with a gun like this

19. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Sorry about the pictures I deleted. Inadvertent as I was clearing my TS.com server file. If you want me to put more back up, I will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.