1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA... Mirage Sporties gun Type 4... F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by JACK, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Terrific Mirage Sporties/Skeet gun. 28" wiht full set of Briley Choke tubes, skeet to full. .735 bore, custom LH stock that even I can get into easily. It does have cast on for lefty, but thi sgun feels as good as it looks. $3200 Call Jack @800-344-4840 or cell (do not leave a message on cell, Damn Sprint customer service)715-441-9817. email or PM

<a href="http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n281/palletjack_2006/?action=view&current=Miragestargungood.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n281/palletjack_2006/?action=view&current=Miragestarbuttrecvfore.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n281/palletjack_2006/?action=view&current=Miragestarrecvrbuttopen.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n281/palletjack_2006/?action=view&current=Mirageunderside.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n281/palletjack_2006/?action=view&current=Miragerecvrface.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n281/palletjack_2006/?action=view&current=Miragerecvlclose.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n281/palletjack_2006/?action=view&current=Miragepalmswell.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Re-read it Jim. It will have a slight cast off for you. Great piece of wood on a fine shooter. Sorry Jack, I don't need another one, but that's a better deal than the one I bought years ago. Great gun. Bob

4. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I have a strate stock for this gun. If any intereest I'll install it.

5. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

0   0   0

Jeez Jack, I'm drooling. Rich

6. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Water going down. No 100 year flood for me this year. Still about 7' over summer conditions. but dropping about 8" a day. Maybe 6". The blip on the graph was a dislodged gauge that they fixed

7. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

This is the extra neutral recently refinished MX8 stock that we can substitute for the LH stock on the gun. The Schnabel will remain on the gun. The LOP is 14.5 but feels a bit shorter. It may be me and my tape measure are not seeing eye to eye this AM

[​IMG]

There is a minor issue at the firing pin holes. It appears to me that the pins are old and worn. I'll hav the gun come thru The Gun Doctor and hav him replace those. The pins are due and that should eliminate most if not all of this surface issue you see.

[​IMG]

8. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

0   0   0

Would you please email me some more info on this gun?

Please pardon my ignorance, but I'm not that familiar with these. This is a Perazzi, right? Is it similar to other models like the MX12? Does it have a drop out trigger group? Is the receiver case colored or case hardened?

Is it an illusion, or is that bottom firing pin hole a little out of round? If it is, can it be repaired? For that matter, would it need repair?

9. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Mirage is practically the same gun as MX-8, same detachable trigger.

Perazzi case hardened receiver is very hard, it made some people think Perazzi had better steel on older models because of this.

The bottom barrel firing pin is coming down from the center of the receiver, with an angle, the firing pin hole is not straight, if it's worn, it'll be total oval. Not in this case.

BTW, I'm answering this because there're few trusted sellers on this forum, Jack is one of them.

10. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Thanks Steve And thanks Rastoff. There is some odd appearance to the hole. But to me it looks to be needing new firing pins. In this case I will have the gun go thru Doug Braker the "Gun Doctor" and have new pins installed and likely new springs. This gun is a long way from needing resurfacing of the receiver face.

11. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

12. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

MIA,

That Mirage would really be SWEET with Mike's stock on it!!!

Smok'n Joe

13. sebaka

sebaka Member

0   0   0

MIA, Who built the custom LH Stock? Do you know what the comb drop and cast on?

14. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I do not know who. But I can and will meaure that stuff for you.. I have the stuff to do that.Stay tuned. Shooting for me tomrrow but will hav ethe dqtq up tomorrow qround 5 pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.