1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA... Boy, do I miss this... Vandalia

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

MIA, PM me your address again and I will send you a disk with 83 pictures at random of Vandalia. Mike

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I miss the cafeteria.

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Jack, have you ever been to Forrest City in Savannah, Ga? I visited there for the first time this past year and it kind of took me off guard. I believe they still have 50 trap ranges. I went there to shoot a sporting clays tournament which was very nice. I wish they still had the big shoots there as I'm only 110 miles from there. Of course, I had to shoot a round of trap just for memories sake. Jackie B.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am making a very large poster for my reloading room wall. I would be glad to pay for the disk with a few photos or whatever anybody has

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Jerry, no matter WHICH month they tried there was ALWAYS oppostion mostly from the S/D bunch. They GRIPPED when they held it in Jan(said it was hurting the FL chain) Then gripped again when it was held in March. The death neal was when after Savannah spent thousands putting in new traps then had certain people in the ATA DISQUALIFY those for "SAFETY" reasons!? The REASON was supposedly the traps "faced" each other but they were not DIRECTLY opposite and you would have had to use a high powered rifle to shoot that far! Finally Savannah got feed up and tossed in the towel. Personally I loved shooting the Dixie Grand in Savannah and will NEVER shoot it at the S/D.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

slide action did provide some of the reasons the Dixie Grand left Savannah but he did overemphasize the role of the Silver Dollar in the decision.

Pat Ireland

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Pat I do respectfully disagree. There was tremendous pressure and antimosity from some at the S/D during that time. Many of those are not there now, and to be completely fair and honest, The people in the FTA now are doing a very good job of healing old wounds and trying to mediate some of the old conflicts. Please don't get me wrong. There are some VERY nice people there (Jerry being among them), but it may still take some time for thre bad taste in some mouths to go away though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.