1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA, Black Walnut Tree, G

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

Gordy- Nice tree. Is that Poison Ivy growing up the side of the tree? I understand why you cut it so low to the ground but I am still impressed with the bottom cut. Working a saw on your hands and knees is tough.

Pat Ireland

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

How long does this wood have to cure/age before it can be used for a stock? Jake

3. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

sounds like mia is getting exited. he's asking questions like a kid. gordy ive said it before and i'll say it again your wood pictures are enough to give most shooters wood! if you could get mia to take your pictures and post them i'd probably need a box of tissue next to the computer, he posts the best gun pictures on this site in my opinion.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Kiln drying on this type of wood is bad ... very very bad for the end resulting project.

5. hairy

hairy TS Member

Funny you should mention that Jack. I just got one of them there goldy triggers. Have to send it down to Pat Gottberg to get the release set faster. The guy who makes the Precision Trigger won't set them faster than 2#'s.

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Come on Gordy Bunyon, it's not like showing your money. If you've seen one nickel you've seen 'em all. It's like an art collection, meant to be shared and enjoyed. Are you a business man or a wood miser?

5' down? I wondered about that too.

7. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

mia glad to see you have worked out your problem with the trigger thing. hope you have some fun while it is still warm enough. gold trigger is pretty cool looking. i'm having a problem pulling the trigger my self, got a severe case of exema on my hands for the last 2 months. went to dermatologist yesterday. hope meds get rid of the crap. i'm blaming that for my crappy scores of late.jack

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

Careful ... hardwood at the bar might get you into trouble with the wife or it might get you enjoyment from ... well ... somethings should not be spoken of in public.

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Gordy, Do you know if Oregon is known for any type of good gun wood? Jeff

10. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Gordon,

There are at least three myrtles that we can chop up while you're here. All at least as big as the walnut pictured.

M. Mann

11. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Gordon,

Stay away from the one in the picture!!!! You might want to leave the tree alone too. Guitar back is pretty decent.

Mike Mann

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Gordon- Is that a lady growing from the base of the myrtle tree?

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.