1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA...A fine TM1...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Another Doug Braker assembly and a Whiz White blue job. Feast your eyes.

[​IMG]

Doug's ability to assmble a class gun from just an idea...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photobucket is messed up. MOre pics later

With my gold release built by Doug Braker

Best shootin gun I have held for a while

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Are you going to shoot this one Jack? Bill Malcolm

3. JACK

Best shooter I have held for a while. Terrific stock fit. Right at 1-3/8". The stock is original dimensoions. Bill. I'll have to get back to you on that. I did shoot 2 rounds thru it... Easy rider, this TM1...

4. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

5. JACK

Yes the gun is for sale. (Kinda) This gun is n great shape. It is a Winchester import and I just got the gun put back together after refurbing. When I bought the gun it had a 15.5” Perazzi stock and a somewhat purple bbl and enough blue wear on the recvr as to not like it. The gun was not a proud item and needed too much work to get it ready to sell. So, I just bit the bullet and sent the metal out to Whiz White for re-blue and because I collect Perazzi Stocks I had a unit that was like the metal. Serviceable, but not proud. So, I sent that to my buddy Doug Braker to have him refinish. He did that and I brought the metal up to his place (3 hours from me) and Doug Assembled the gun, timed the cocking/ejector moment, put a new Pachmayr XLT pad on the gun and when done he handed it to me and I could not believe how it fit. If you shoot anywhere near average gun dimensions, this gun will require no adjustments. I shoot average dimensions and this is one of the best (if not the best) Perazzi fit I have ever had to my face and shoulder. This gun is ready for seasons of campaigning. Lever is right, metal is tight, trigger is crisp (around 3) and the finish on the gun is spectacular. I have more than $2150 in the gun and have yet to decide how much is fair to try and ask. It is not a gun that I will profit from.

But it is just unbelievable the moment you handle it. I put my Allem release in the gun and the gun handling is just out of this world. Easy to shoot, gun on target every time. Felt recoil is minimal because of fit and the XLT pad. I have another TM1 coming in this week that needs refinishing and likely will sell this one and keep them moving. The next TM1 requires stock rehab too. But is just a plain Jane stock that will never look like this one. The figure on this stock and forend is just special to the eye. So nice that it stops you to look at it. The grain is not enhanced. But because it was taken down to wood and redone and then re-checkered, it comes out looking better than it did coming out of the Perazzi factory.

My intent was to highlight Doug’s work and Whiz White as well. Let me do that for a couple of days and I will stay in touch. But I can tell you that this stock may go to the duplicator before it leaves my hands. It is that good. Just the best Perazzi Stock I have ever handled.

Honestly, I would be remiss if I did not have this stock replicated. It is that good. Jack

6. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jack-that IS a beauty! Bill D.

7. JACK

Thanks Joe. Several ahead of you. But I need to get the stock replicated befor it moves on. It does have the venerable TM1 step rib.

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Jack... Check your PM...... Dan

9. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

MIA,

If I had that gun, I would never shoot it, just hold it up and look at it for hours at a time. What a beautiful gun. I don't believe I have ever seen prettier wood. Thanks for the pics.

BB

10. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

MIA I bet it doesn,t even have a safety! It a Beauty!!!

11. JACK

This pic is a tribute to a TS.com friend. I thank all of you for being taht. But he and I have this in common...

[​IMG]

12. JACK

I have feeler out for a stock replicator now. I'll get that done.

13. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

Thanks Jack, Be SAFE!

Pete

14. flush-em

flush-em Member

Jack-I'm speechless!!!!-steve

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

You folks have great taste; remember James Dean drove a black hot rod Merc and wore a red jacket. Some things never go out of style; black hot rods, red jackets, TM-1 P guns.

16. JACK

Chang, my man... YOu hit it on the head. That pic is from a couple of years ago when I put together a "spoof" on me being a rebel, which I was in high sho-el. I was the class clown and in constant trouble. I didn't necessisarily identify wiht Dean, but he is the one I chose to protray and see which of the old folks I went to school with would get it. I did nto identify myself in anyway other than the picture and a rhetorical "spoof" on who I might be. Well, you know the answer already. NOne got it. I shoulda made like I was a band member of the "Guess Who". True. Dean loved his red jacket, his white T shirt, and that pose is one he did numerous times along side the car that he wrecked and died in. NOte too, that he smoked and always was portrayed with a cigarette an I have one in my rihgt hand that is on top of the roof. MOre trickery that the old foggies did not get. Nice goin Dave, yo go to the head of the class.

Jack

17. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

So I guess that means he wins the TM-1!!

18. JACK

And Duck-ster... you get the Camaro

19. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

I'd rather have that Ferrari quality TM - maybe he'll trade me....???

20. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Here's a trivia question for all who are aware of the Dean movie, car movies, car people etc. And with the internet and Google, somebody, if motivated, would know the answer real quick like. "What actor is connected to the Dean accident and to an important role in a Steve McQueen movie."

HINT: One of the "actors" in the McQueen movie received preparation for its role by a person with the first name of "Max"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.